Maldives is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public
Can I Travel to the Maldives?
14 January, 2022
Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, the Maldives is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public. Maldives Department of Health on Thursday shortened isolation period for Covid-19 positive cases and direct contacts, with the new rules applying to both locals and tourists.
Isolation period for those identified as a positive case of Covid-19:
- Individual(s) who test positive and asymptomatic are required to be in Isolation for a period of seven days from the date of sample collection. However, those who exhibit covid symptoms at the end of isolation period specified are required to continue their isolation until 24 hours after symptoms have cleared.
- All tourist facility must ensure that the current practice of assessment by a doctor at the end of specified isolation period and it 1s recorded on the Release Summary Form. The said form must be filled and submitted to recovery @health.gov.mv.
The above are applicable even if the individuals have not completed the prescribed doses of a Covid-19 vaccine.
Quarantine duration for those identified as direct contacts:
- Individuals who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case and who have not completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine will have to undergo quarantine for a period of 10 days from the date of sample collection and can be released without a PCR test if the individuals do not exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19 at the end of the 10-day period.
- However, the quarantine period will come to an end upon submission of a negative PCR test done at the end of the fifth day of quarantine from the date the individuals were identified as a direct contact and quarantined. These eases are strictly applicable for those direct contacts who are quarantined separately.
- However, if children under 12 years of age or an individual who is not eligible for vaccination of a Covid-19 vaccine are placed under quarantine with a vaccinated individual who may avail the ease, they may submit a special request for the release of the said child/individual (with an ID/Passport copy) via email to ct.teaml @health.gov.mv (cc: smu @tourism.gov.mv).
- Individual(s) who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case and who have not completed the prescribed doses of a Covid-19 vaccine shall complete 14 days of quarantine followed by a negative PCR test result at the end of this quarantine period.
Maldives reopened its borders to tourists of all nationalities on July 15, 2020, with rigorous procedures in place to ensure the safety of tourists and tourism workers.
Tourists are required to fill an online health declaration form within 24 hours prior to their departure, as well as have a negative PCR test result, conducted 96 hours prior to their departure.
In order to strengthen the measures, the administration of the Covid-19 vaccine was initiated on February 1 with the government of Maldives set to provide free Covid-19 vaccines to all citizens and residents of the country in the upcoming months.
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More