Maldives to Open Four New Airports in 2020
Transfers in The Maldives
10 January, 2020
Four new airports being developed in Maldives are set to open in 2020, as per the Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation.
According to the Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, Hon. Aishath Nahula, those four airports are Haa Alif Hoarafushi , Shaviyani Funadhoo, Lhaviyani Madhivaru and Gaafu Dhaalu Maavarulu . Shaviyani Funadhoo and Gaafu Dhaalu Maavarulu airports are expected to open in the first quarter of 2020. Haa Alif Hoarafushi , and Lhaviyani Madhivaru airports are expected to open in the second quarter of 2020.
There are 14 airports currently operating in the Maldives. These include the international airports from the Velaana International Airport, Hanimaadhoo International Airport, Gan International Airport, Villa International Airport, Maafaru International Airport, and domestic airports at Baa Dharavandhoo, Raa Ifuru, Th Thimarafushi, Dhaalu Kudahuvadhoo, Gaaf Alif Kooddoo, Gaaf Dhaal Kaadedhoo, Laamu Kadhdhoo, Haa Dhaal Kulhudhuhfushi, and Gn. Fuvahmulah airport.
Establishing airports within 20 minutes of each habited island was a pledge of the previous government and the current government is working toward the same goals
Recent Posts 17.04.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- The Maldives allows Covid Passports
- Lindsay Lohan enjoys vacation at W Maldives
- Qatar Airways and JetBlue Expand Strategic Partnership
- Soneva launches Academy for Children
- Mohammad Shami has a vacation at Kandima Maldives before new cricketing season
- Milaidhoo Maldives has announced a special offer for upcoming Eid al-Fitr holidays
- Rediscover the Maldives with Centara
- Shraddha Kapoor is back to Maldives, now at Baros
- Surbhi Jyoti shares vacation photos and videos from The Standard getaway in Maldives
- Enjoy Maldives Adventure holidays with island resort special offers
- Maldives Cheap Scuba Diving Holidays: 10 Best Hotels for divers on a budget
- Book in advance and enjoy discount off the best rates
- Enjoy Ramadan Escape at Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Transfers in The Maldives
Transfers to / from the hotel usually do not fill most of us with fun, but in the Maldives everything is different. Forget about the long taxi trip from the airport, the unique location of this island nation means that to get your exclusive resort you will need to make a sea cruise or flight. A domestic flight, speedboat or seaplane transfer – depending on where your resort is located – to get you out to your island paradise. Most resorts will assist you in booking these transfers and for some it may be included in the price. Read More.