Late-Night Must-Do’s at Milaidhoo: Astro Retreat
Activities & Experiences in the Maldives
30 July, 2022
A chance to marvel at the cosmic beauty of the Milky Way from a small island in the Maldives. In May of 2023, Milaidhoo presents you with a seven-day retreat, that will take a novice astronomers — as well as the curious guests on a journey to the stars like no other. Explore the night sky and all its wonders with the special guest, Valerie Stimac.
Valerie Stimac has lived across the globe but spent her formative years in Alaska admiring the northern lights each winter. After living in cities including Seattle, London, and the San Francisco Bay Area, Valerie re-discovered a childhood passion for space and combined it with her professional career as a travel writer.
Valerie began writing stories about space tourism and astrotourism, encouraging readers to travel for dark skies and plan for the day where we’ll be able to vacation beyond earth. Valerie has worked with Lonely Planet for the last four years as a local expert in both Seattle and San Francisco and Dark Skies: A Practical Guide to Astrotourism (Lonely Planet, September 2019) is her first book.
- Healing Space Massage – Milaidhoo’s special massage inspired by space
- Dinner under the stars including stargazing on a secluded sandbank
- Wayfinding beneath the stars on a traditional Maldivian Dhoni
- Astrophotography sessions with Valerie
- Night-sky mythology stories focused on the history of the night sky from various cultures in the Maldives, including the influence of Tamil, Sinhalese, and India
- Guests will also have the opportunity to name a star.
Terms & Conditions
- This offer is only applicable for stays between 1-7 May, 2023.
- This offer is only applicable for a minimum stay of seven nights
- This offer is not combinable with other offers
- Rates subject to applicable taxes
- Applicable for all types of villas
- Activities may be subject to rescheduling due to unavoidable circumstances
- Inclusions may not be refunded due to rescheduling or cancellation
- All bookings must be made during or before April 2023
- Limited bookings are available for this offer
About resort: Milaidhoo is a pristine island paradise proudly rooted in local island traditions. This boutique luxury resort features 50 contemporary Maldivian style pool villas, custom-made and made for comfort designed by a renowned Maldivian architect. Each guest is assigned an Island Host to help create meaningful experiences and cater to the guest’s every need. Activities include over-water spa treatments, sunrise yoga classes and snorkelling excursions to view the incredible house reef.
Dining is a highlight, with Milaidhoo being home to three world-class restaurants, including Ba’theli. This unique Maldivian restaurant reflects the islands’ heritage and is built in the shape of three traditional boats on pillars over a lagoon. The restaurant’s innovative and delicious meals are steeped in Maldivian tradition, with each dish inspired by favourites of the ancient maritime Spice Route.
Milaidhoo is the authentic Maldives, a resort of re-invented luxury, where guests feel they belong, experiencing bare-foot informality within this tropical island’s natural, lush setting. As an adults-only resort, Milaidhoo is child-free and tranquil where any dream can become a reality, from sunset dolphin cruises to sailing to a deserted sandbank for a private beach picnic.
View all the current and latest Maldives hotel packages and special deals offered by Milaidhoo luxury resort to guests during their stay with us at Baa Atoll.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience for: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More