Princess Cruises Readies for Full Alaska Season in 2022
Luxury Cruise Guide
17 March, 2022
With the recent announcement regarding the safe resumption of cruising in Canadian ports, Princess Cruises has finalized programs and guest experiences for a full summer season of 2022 cruises and cruisetours to Alaska, as well as its summer and fall Canada and New England program.
Six ships will partake in the 2022 program, including the line's newest ship, Discovery Princess. Offerings include 12 itineraries, totaling 140 departures and five glacier-viewing experiences, with visits to the Southeast Alaska towns of Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.
Princess sails to and from Vancouver on its "Voyage of the Glaciers" seven-day cruises to and from Whittier, Alaska. More than 20 cruisetour options include a land tour to Denali National Park and Princess Wilderness Lodges. Alaska cruises sailing from Seattle and San Francisco visit Victoria, Canada, along with various ports in Alaska towns dependent upon itinerary.
The first Princess cruise ship to visit Canada is Caribbean Princess, sailing on a four-day "Pacific Coastal" voyage, with a scheduled port stop in Victoria on April 6, followed by Vancouver on April 7.
For the May through September 2022 season, Princess will have four West Coast home ports: Seattle, Vancouver, B.C., Anchorage (Whittier)and San Francisco. The 143,700-ton, 3,660-passenger Discovery Princess marks its inaugural season as the youngest ship in Alaska, departing from Seattle on the seven-day “Inside Passage” itinerary, alongside Crown Princess. Majestic Princess debuts along with Royal Princess and Grand Princess sailing the seven-day “Voyage of the Glaciers” itinerary, which offers two glacier-viewing experiences on every cruise, including Glacier Bay National Park. Ruby Princess offers 10-day “Inside Passage” cruises out of San Francisco, featuring the added bonus of a sailaway under the Golden Gate Bridge and a port stop in Victoria.
In addition, Princess continues to enhance its “North to Alaska” program, bringing local Alaskans, culture and fresh seafood on board and ashore to immerse guests in all things Alaska. From “Cook My Catch” and “Puppies in the Piazza” to mountain climbers, new offerings for 2022, include:
- Professor Amy Butcher, author of "Mothertrucker: Finding Joy on the Loneliest Highway in America" and featured on NPR, BBC and in the Washington Post. Butcher will share her story of how she found meaning, strength and friendship when she joined the nation's only female ice road trucker through the Alaska wilderness.
- Tom Kizzia, renowned Alaskan author and journalist, whose works include "Pilgrim's Wilderness – A True Story of Faith and Madness on the Alaska Frontier." His work has appeared in The New Yorker, New York Times and Los Angeles Times. Kizzia reveals his interest for the “Great Land” through his local experiences as a reporter for the Anchorage Daily News and resident of Homer, Alaska.
- Alaska Beer & Spirits, including tasting flights, limited editions, seltzers, and local brewery tours. Cocktail offerings include Smoked Salmon Vodka Bloody Mary with Cinnamon, Glacial Ice Chilled Martinis and Alaska Spirits Flights sourced from local distilleries.
- Unique Wine and Seafood Pairings – fresh salmon, halibut, king crab specially paired with premium wines, only available in Alaska.
Hot Beverages Experiences of upscale "spiked" hot chocolate recipes and hot mulled wine.
On Canada and New England voyages, Princess sails from Quebec and New York visiting such ports as Halifax, Saint John (for the Bay of Fundy), Sydney (Cape Breton Island) and Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island). The 2022 season runs from July through October and includes 16 departures and six itineraries on Enchanted Princess and Caribbean Princess.
Visit www.princess.com.Find Great Cruise Deals
Recent Posts 29.07.2022
- Ponant Unveils Le Ponant Following Complete Refit
- Cruise around the world with Silversea
- Virgin Voyages to Remove Pre-Embarkation Testing for COVID
- MSC Seascape to Offer New, Interactive Onboard Experiences
- Silversea Cruises Acquires Crystal Endeavor
- Princess Cruises to Begin Year-Round Sailings from Los Angeles in 2023
- Coral Expeditions Launches Voyages to Japan and the Philippines
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us! Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More