Projekt Delfin: New integrated tourism development launched in the Maldives
The Maldives Upcoming resorts
19 September, 2022
Abu Dhabi registered Atoll Estates Holding has announced the launch of Projekt Delfin: New integrated tourism development in the Maldives.
The multi-generational destination is expected to be opened to tourists in 2025. The proposed development is a multi-million dollar project and is being designed by the world's top architects and designers having a presence in the Middle East.
“With the use of renewable energy, efficient buildings, and a circular economy for waste, the development will be net-carbon neutral without compromising guest comfort, enhancing their overall experience,” said co-founders, Dmitry Bourtov and Amit Majumder.
Atoll Estates has a 100 percent subsidiary company in the Maldives, Prime Atoll Maldives Pvt Ltd, created solely for the development and operation of the project. “Sustainability is at the heart of the project, and every aspect of an ESG investment portfolio is considered. It aims to deliver above the current requisites,” said the co-founders.
The proposed site for Projekt Delfin is an expansive lagoon in the South Male Atoll, 40 minutes boat ride from Male international airport. The site is 5 km and 1.35 km in width and has a few small islands and sandbanks.
To build the resorts, the site will be reclaimed with deep sea sand to have a minimal impact on the lagoon ecosystem. Several other initiatives are planned to mitigate the effect of the reclamation. Upon completion, the development will add nearly 50 hectares of green cover of mature trees and shrubs.
An extensive coral rejuvenation program will be initiated immediately after the land reclamation. The development will be on multiple islands, and each of the resorts will have a minimum distance of 500 m from each other, connected by overwater walkways.
"Developing a unique, sustainable, and exclusive destination in the high-returns tourism industry of the Maldives is an exceptional opportunity,” said Bourtov and Majumder.
According to statistics from the Maldives’ Ministry of Tourism for 2021, apart from Russia, India, and Germany, the UAE has regularly featured among the top 5 countries from which residents thronged the scenic island country. With an increasingly resilient economy, that’s been steadily averaging growth of 7 percent annually over the past 20 years, the Maldives is committed to diversifying its portfolio for further economic growth by encouraging investments in targeted sectors.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More