Raffles Meradhoo Maldives announces new Key appointments
Best Exclusive Resorts in the Maldives
16 September, 2019
One of the bestsellers in Gaafu Alifu atoll Raffles Meradhoo Maldives has made two new appointments and promoted three existing staff to senior positions.
Among the new appointments are Ibrahim Ayoob as chief engineer and Manuel Llamas Velasco as Assistant Director of Food and Beverage (F&B).
Ayyob, a Maldivian national, joins from Oleveli beach resort where he was assistant chief engineer. He embarked upon his hospitality career in 2006 with the Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and over the past 15 years has had several engineering roles. Ayubb studied at the University of Suffolk in England and the American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute.
Manuel, originally from Spain, brings 12 years of experience in the field. He joins from Hôtel des Arts Saigon, MGallery Collection, Vietnam where he was Assistant Director of F&B. He has also worked at Fairmont Serru Fen Fushi and Kanuhura in the Maldives, My Little Spanish Place and the Intercontinental Dubai Marina. He has an advance certificate in wine and spirit and a sommelier and wine arts diploma and degree in F&B.
Stepping up to the director role in F&B is Mohamed Younes. In his two and a half years with Raffles he has climbed from Restaurant Manager to F&B Assistant then Manager before being promoted to the top F & B Director role. After studying at the Egyptian High School of Tourism he went on to work for Four Seasons, the One & Only Finolhu and Aman resorts before joining Raffles.
Javier Camon also becomes the Director of Marketing and Communications after being with Raffles for two years as Marketing Manager. During that time, he has been instrumental in opening and positioning the Maldives brand. Javier has experience with the PY Hotels and Chiltern Firehouse hotel. Hailing from Spain, Javier graduated in business and marketing management at ESERP Business School in Madrid.
And Abdulla Innad has been promoted to Housekeeping Supervisor after joining in 2019 and proving himself to be a valued team member in housekeeping working at Furaveri island and Raffles Maldives.
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Hose Reef Snorkeling, Diving
A hidden gem with unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, the 21-villa beach island experience in the rare Maldivian oasis of Gaafu Alifu Atoll is AccorHotels’ fourth property in the Maldives and the first under the Raffles brand. Located at the southern end of the Maldives archipelago, near the equator on the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, the resort is accessible by a 55-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport followed by 15-minute speedboat ride from Kaadedhdhoo Airport.
Offering two distinct experiences for those seeking a private get-away or simply to enjoy the natural pristine water surroundings, the Raffles Maldives Meradhoo featuring Beach Villas and Beach Residences that offer private pools, generous living spaces and lavish marble bathroom with a sunken bathtub and outdoor shower. The Raffles Royal Residence and a secluded collection of Overwater Villas and Residences, which lies adjacent to one of the vibrant house reefs in the Maldives. Guests can relish a range of rich gastronomic delights served at the five restaurants and bars. Set over the water, the award-winning Raffles Spa offers a private escape opening doors to discovery with authentic treatment expressions. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More