First Look: Royal Caribbean unveils design and spaces of Icon of the Seas
Luxury Cruise Guide
22 October, 2022
Royal Caribbean International has revealed details of its first Icon Class ship, Icon of the Seas. The ship will arrive in late 2023 ahead of its January 2024 debut. Travelers can book their journey on Royal Caribbean’s website on October 25. Crown & Anchor loyalty members can enjoy special access on October 24.
Royal Caribbean has revealed what’s in store with the first look at eight neighborhoods, including five new adventures and three returning favorites.
- Thrill Island – Vacationers can test their limits, scale new heights and reach top speeds at the center of thrill. It is home to highlights including Category 6, the waterpark with six slides, including Crown’s Edge. Part skywalk, part ropes course and part thrill ride, it culminates in a surprising, shocking moment that will see travelers swing 154 feet above the ocean.
- Chill Island – Among the seven pools onboard, four are in this three-deck space. Each pool offers prime ocean views: the Swim & Tonic, the line’s first swim-up bar at sea; Royal Bay Pool, the largest pool at sea; Cloud 17, an adults-only retreat; and the infinity-edge Cove Pool. Plus, The Lime & Coconut returns with four locations, including Royal Caribbean’s first frozen cocktail bar.
- Surfside – Introducing a neighborhood made for young families, where adults and children aged six and below will want to stay and play all day. Adults can soak up the views at Water’s Edge pool, as they keep an eye on the children at Splashaway Bay and Baby Bay. Only steps away are dining options, places to lounge, a bar, the signature carousel, an arcade, Adventure Ocean, and Social020 for teenagers.
- The Hideaway – This neighborhood 135 feet above the ocean combines the good vibes of beach club scenes and ocean views. The first suspended infinity pool at sea is at the center of it all, and it’s surrounded by a multilevel sun terrace with whirlpools, a variety of seating and a dedicated bar.
- AquaDome – Perched at the top of Icon, guests can take in wraparound ocean views and a waterfall as they enjoy a bite or drink by day. By night, it becomes a vibrant place, complete with restaurants, bars and the cruise line’s marquee aqua shows at the AquaTheater. The signature entertainment venue includes a transforming pool, four robotic arms, projection and more.
The line’s signature neighborhoods include: Royal Promenade, which features its first floor-to-ceiling ocean views, plus more than 15 restaurants, cafés, bars and lounges; Central Park; and Suite Neighborhood, offering a multilevel suite sun deck—The Grove—with a private pool, whirlpool and dining, and a two-story Coastal Kitchen. More returning favorites include new takes on mini golf at Lost Dunes, rock climbing at Adrenaline Peak, and Absolute Zero, Royal Caribbean’s largest ice arena, plus dining venues such as Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar on the Royal Promenade and the Asian-inspired Izumi in Central Park.
With 28 ways to stay, there are new room layouts designed for families of three, four, five and more, including the Family Infinite Balcony and Surfside Family Suite–with kids alcoves tucked away from the adults–and the three-story Ultimate Family Townhouse, complete with a white picket fence and mailbox. Other rooms include the brand’s first Sunset Corner Suites and Panoramic Ocean Views in AquaDome. The ship also includes updated amenities, room and activities for crew, including a new, patented stateroom.
Icon of the Seas will be the line’s most sustainable to date, besides being its first ship with fuel cell technology and powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG).
The ship will sail year-round, seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean vacations from Miami. Every cruise will visit Perfect Day at CocoCay in the Bahamas. When Icon of the Seas arrives, the line will debut the island’s adults-only oasis, Hideaway Beach, with an expansive pool and private cabanas with pools. Vacationers will also visit Cozumel, Philipsburg and Roatan. More details will be revealed in the coming months.
For more information, visit www.RoyalCaribbean.com.Find Great Cruise Deals
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us!BOOK NOW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More