Seabourn debuts First-ever 'Grand Africa Voyage', Circumnavigating the continent in 90 Days
Luxury Cruise Guide
09 May, 2023
Seabourn has announced its first-ever “Grand Africa Voyage” departing November 30, 2024 aboard Seabourn Sojourn. The ship will circumnavigate the continent and sail more than 17,000 miles during a 90-day roundtrip adventure from Barcelona. The journey will visit 44 ports and cities throughout 26 countries, with six overnight stays on the itinerary. The itinerary is now open for bookings.
Guests on the “Grand Africa Voyage” can explore Africa via safari, hikes, scuba dives, snorkeling and cultural experiences, including a visit to a camel milk farm, botanical gardens, living archeological museums and more. Additionally, several optional multi-day “Seabourn Journeys” will be available at various destinations, offering in-depth opportunities to explore sites on land that cannot be accessed on single-day excursions from the ship, including a gorilla sanctuary, Victoria Falls and more.
Some of the destinations on the “Grand Africa Voyage” include:
- Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt – Guests will spend an evening in Cairo, Egypt’s second-largest city and epicenter of cultural and historical significance, offering a blend of ancient landmarks, architecture and vibrant markets. Guests will have the option to join an excursion to see the Pyramids at Giza.
- Safaga (Luxor), Egypt – Located on the Egyptian side of the Red Sea, Safaga is the gateway to some of Egypt’s noteworthy destinations: Luxor, Karnak and Thebes. Luxor has often been called the world’s greatest open-air museum.
- Mombasa, Kenya – Guests can experience Kenya’s wildlife up close in Mombasa with overnight “Seabourn Journeys,” including Tsavo National Park Safaris, a Masai Mara National Reserve Safari and a Rwanda Gorilla Trek. Mombasa, a coastal city with beautiful beaches, warm climate, rich history and delicious cuisine, has a blend of African, Arabic and European cultures.
- Cape Town, South Africa – Known as the “Mother City” of South Africa, Cape Town is known for Table Mountain, its beaches and a cultural heritage that reflects its blend of African, European and Asian influences. It’s also a hub for adventure tourism, offering a range of thrilling outdoor activities, including catamaran sailing, kayaking and more.
- Bom Bom Island, Sao Tome & Principe – Seabourn guests will enjoy a beach BBQ on Bom Bom Island, enjoying the beaches, tropical forests and clear waters.
- Casablanca, Morocco – Guests will spend an evening in Casablanca, the economic hub of Morocco. With its bustling souks, stunning architecture and vibrant nightlife, it offers visitors a unique and authentic taste of Moroccan life, steeped in history, culture and tradition.
Guests who book the full 90-day “Grand Africa Voyage” will receive a range of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay at Hotel Majestic prior to departure in Barcelona
- An exclusive Grand Cruise event in Cape Town
- Special Grand Cruise pillow gifts
- Roundtrip business-class air
- $2,000 shipboard credit per oceanview and veranda suite ($1,000 shipboard credit per person
- $3,000 shipboard credit per Penthouse and premium suite ($1,500 shipboard credit per person)
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet luggage shipping service between home and ship in Barcelona
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Visa package (U.S. citizens only)
Additionally, guests who book the “Grand Africa Voyage” and pay in full by July 26, 2023, will receive an additional 10 percent discount on the cruise-only fare.Find Great Cruise Deals
- Newest Silversea Cruises Ship Floated Out At The Shipyard
- MSC Cruises announces First-Ever Winter Season in Japan
- Regent Seven Seas unveils details of 2025-26 Grand Voyages
- MSC Cruises announces Food and Beverage Offerings on MSC Euribia
- Announcement of Atlas Ocean Voyages’ Itineraries for Summer/Fall 2024
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us!Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More