10 Best Cheap Hotels near Male Airport 2021
The Most Affordable Resorts Accessible by Speedboat from Male Airport
You can still honeymoon in the most beautiful destination in the world without burning a hole in your wallet. The Maldives is known for its five-star resorts, but it also has plenty of romantic three- and four-star properties as well. Because the transfer to the hotel is cheap compared to the remote resorts of the country these resorts closest to Male airport basically cut the fat and the frills, offering memorable vacations without significant sacrifice. For a destination like Maldives, there’s not a ton of these affordable-yet-amazing resorts, but the ones below are definitely worth the booking.
South and North Male's Atolls boast some of the best resorts in the Maldives. The most of hotels have high-end accomodation and luxurious spas, others are known for their house reef and fine sand beaches, but the best thing about them is that they are all a short speedboat trip from Male International Airport.
Below is the list 10 affordable resorts near Male airport that won’t beat up Your bank account.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Experience: Family Value, Activities, surfing
Kandooma is the Maldives' most accessible and budget-friendly resort, and your holiday starts the minute you disembark from the plane. Set on a beautiful, palm-fringed island in the South Male Atoll, from the moment you check into one of the resort’s laid-back beach villas, your break is sure to be packed with private beach relaxation, sensuous spa treatments and all the sun-filled fun you could ever want. Whether you’re an active adventurer yourself, or just fancy letting the kids go wild with a complimentary snorkelling session – dive, surf, fun tube or paddleboard, you can do it all at the Holiday Inn Kandooma Maldives. Surrounded by world-class dive sites and surfing spots, Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma lies 40km south of Velana International Airport, Male and in true tropical paradise fashion. The way to get here is via a 40-minute speedboat ride to the South Male Atoll. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Beaches, Activity, Diving, Value
Malahini Kuda Bandos Resort is a tiny island in the North Male Atoll that offers a great-value Maldivian escape. Accessible by short boat ride from Male airport, the resort has 82 rooms in two categories, verity of culinary options with two restaurants and a bar and the other facilities such a spa, gym and water sports center. A stunning white sand beaches, house reef snorkelling and world-class diving complement the resort's modern amenities. Just ten minutes from Male airport, this laid-back island resort promises affordable luxury and a relaxed barefoot vibe. Formerly the uninhabited sister island to the Bandos Maldives resort, Malahini Kuda Bandos has been redesigned as an uncomplicated and relaxing Maldivian escape, with lots of new facilities and modern accommodation. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Surfing, Value, All Inclusive
Offering an affordable accomodation, Cinnamon Dhonveli has already found its niche in a relaxed, lively destination popular with surfers and couples who are hungry for a little more nightlife in the Maldives with an excellent a great-value all inclusive. A trip here is always big fun and you're bound to find yourself trying something new no matter what reason brings you to these shores. Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives is a first-class hotel with 148 rooms, 30 minutes by boat from Male airport. The bungalows and suites are spacious and mostly have a modern look, but are dull and slightly worn. All Inclusive, connecting rooms, a children's club and a children's pool make the resort a good place for a family vacation, while the world famous Pasta Point surf spot is a good draw for both first timers and experienced surfers. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Diving, Value
The Summer Island Maldives Resort is absolutely amazing, peaceful and relaxing. Summer Island is ideal for those seeking a simple beach holiday perfectly positioned in a stunning location. If you are looking for a value-for-many place with a fresh, modern look, where it's best to hide your shoes and run barefoot, it's worth thinking about Summer Island Maldives. The resort occupies a private island in North Male Atoll complete with powdery white sand beaches, blue seas and beach bungalows and water villas. Lazy on the beach or try some water sports - the lagoon is excellent for learning to windsurf or catamaran sailing. A Maldives honeymoon at Summer Island Resort is just what all newlyweds need. The island, just 15 minutes by seaplane from Male or 50-minutes by speedboat, is certainly not the most luxurious one that you will find in this area (nearby is One & Only Reethi Rah), but the island attracts many with its relaxed atmosphere and a beautiful beach. Read Full Review....
Best Experience: Couples, for Family, Value, Beach, house reef snorkeling
In a quiet corner of South Male Atoll, Fihalhohi Island Resort continues to offer its guests a good and high-quality product. Fihalhohi has a reliable and proven formula, and despite the years this cool hotel has not changed much. Your accommodation on the island consists of 138 beach-fronted rooms suitably located just a few meters from the water edge and twelve well-appointed water villas. An island so rich in mature palms and native trees is rarely found among Maldivian resorts. This is a real visual feast, as well as a very practical option, since the shadow between the rooms and the beach is life-saving for children playing in the sand and also for adults sitting in chaise lounges or hammocks during the heat of the day. Fihalhohi has a carefully protected turquoise blue lagoon bordered by a coral reef easily accessed by swimming where scuba diving or snorkeling could be experienced. Transfer time to the resort from Male airport by speedboat would take a comfortable forty five minutes. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Small, quiet and peaceful with a good house reef snorkeling, excellent diving and delicious food - all at a reasonable price. This is Smartline Eriyadu in a nutshell. Surrounded by a some popular dive sites in North Male Atoll, Eriyadu Island was one of the pioneers of tourism in the Maldives. After more than 30 years, this 76-room mid-level resort gradually updates its style and goes to the status of 4 stars. Positive qualities include: an excellent, easily accessible house reef; all-inclusive package, activities and water sports; and direct access to the beach from all rooms. However, lack of free water and Wi-Fi in rooms, average quality and choice of buffet, as well as a slow renovation process (there is a huge discrepancy in the quality of rooms) still leave much to be desired. However, value for money are fair for what you get Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling
Biyadhoo Island is not a new hotel, in fact it is one of the oldest resorts in the Maldives, but for many years it was on the verge of closing due to a major renovation. On the other hand, the natural environment remains very good. Snorkeling on the house reef is a daily joy and one of the reasons why many guests choose Biyadhoo Island Resort. The beaches freely come and go all over the island thanks to artificial attempts to keep it in place and enlarge with a pump. World-class diving in the region is known for sites like: Kandooma Thila with its huge schools of fish, Kandooma Caves because of its soft corals and the Guraidhoo Marine Reserve Kandu (fast wide channel) Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Honeymoon, family, Beach, Diving, Value, house reef snorkelling
Embudu Village Resort is an ongoing success story that follows a simple, proven formula. Embudu’s success is based on its proximity to Male, value for money, a homely atmosphere, an excellent house reef snorkeling and top diving. It does not seem like luxury to you, but Embudu Village is one of the most affordable and suited resorts in the Maldives. Visitors do not come here for luxury accomodation or for fine food (although both are worthy of generous praise) - they head for perfect beaches, snorkeling, diving and water sports, which are on par with the best resorts in Kaafu Atoll. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Value, Beach, All-InclusiveThe multiple award-winning resort, the pioneer of the Maldives tourism industry, Kurumba Maldives is proud to announce they have been recognised as 2017’s Best Luxury Family Beach Resort in the world by the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Kurumba was the very first private island resort in the Maldives when it opened its doors in 1972 in the Indian Ocean archipelago of the Maldives, celebrates its 45th Anniversary this year. Kurumba began with 30 huts built of coral and thatched with coconut leaves; the resort is set on a tropical island in the North Malé Atoll, conveniently situated a brief 10-minute speedboat transfer from the airport. Today, the resort offers an array of eight styles of accommodation, ranging from comfortable Superior rooms to the spacious Royal Residence, spread among the island’s lush tropical gardens with easy access to the beach. With eight different restaurants and four bars to choose from. Kurumba Maldives will charm you with its unparallel choice of a dining experience and a wide range of recreation activities and entertainment. All while maintaining idyllic spaces of relaxation to create the perfect balance for a holiday in paradise, perfect for honeymooners and family alike. Read Full Review..
Best Experience: for family, Activities, house reef snorkeling
Perfect for your romantic getaway or family vacation, Bandos Maldives offers 250 rooms in 6 categories on a beautiful island only 15 minutes by boat from Male airport. Recently completely renovated, Bandos is known as one of the best resorts for family holidays in the Maldives and you can safely relax while your kid is keenly spending time with friends around professional caregivers who have many exciting children's programs and entertainment.We do not recommend you the island if you want a romantic holiday in a quiet place. Bandos is ideal for families with children and is peppered with a large number of games and animations including a full-time babysitter, a children's playground, two children's pools and a large selection of activities that can be practiced. In Bandos, where rest is the king, kids can not be bored. Read Full Review...
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (18.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Princess Sara - 13 Mar 2021 - from €1,331.00 - Classic Route - Early Bird Special! (25% OFF)
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 18.01.2021
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Amazing activities in the great outdoors of Lily Beach
- Unforgettable Experiences complimented by Exclusive Hospitality in the Maldives: Waldorf Astoria launches Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa To Debut In September 2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- Reethi Faru Resort takes Environmental initiatives a next level
- Kanuhura gets Health Security Verification from Sharecare, Forbes Travel Guide
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi kick start in 2021 with Special Offer
- Maldives Padel Tennis Opens at Kudadoo Private Island and Hurawalhi
- German celebrity Dieter Bohlen vacations in the Maldivess
- The Nautilus Maldives launches Full Moon Crystal Singing Bowl meditation
- Wreck Diving in Addu atoll
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- 10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
- Fresh start: Vakkaru Maldives offers bespoke Ayurveda programmes to balance Mind, Body and Soul
- Hurawalhi Island's 5.8 Undersea Restaurant to host Two Michelin-starred Chef Stefan Heilemann
- Baros Maldives celebrates Fifteen Years of Fine Dining
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives opens Sangu Stories podcast channel
- Patina Maldives beautifies horizon with biophilic Design concept
- 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Honeymoon in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More