Adaaran Resorts Maldives Launches New Project: 'Save The LUNGS Save The OCEAN'
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
18 June, 2020
Adaaran Resorts Maldives has commenced a new sustainability project, Coral Replantation Research Project: ‘Save the LUNGS Save the OCEANS’ on a mission to save the lungs of the planet.
The mission of this project is to save the lungs of planet Earth, the Oceans. The activity was commemorated on ‘World Environment Day’ and ‘World Ocean Day,’ both celebrated worldwide in June with the motive to encourage awareness and action for the protection of the environment and oceans. A fitting tribute to the environment from Adaaran Resorts Maldives.
The group’s this new sustainability project aims towards caring for the environment and giving back to the planet we live in. The longstanding measures taken up by Adaaran Resorts’ sustainability journey started with the Green Dive in the year 2016, by signing the sustainability pledge under water at Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi.
Now, Adaaran Resorts Maldives is back again with another worthy venture during this lockdown period, taking the most out of the luxury of time that we have as hoteliers and engaging in sustainability activities to save our beautiful oceans. The research done for the coral project is conducted with the support of our official dive partner “Dive Point” Dive with Friends.
The project was launched on 5th June 2020 while commemorating World Environment Day and the World Ocean Day, which fall during this month. Discarded beds and iron trees were dressed carefully in selected and nurtured corals. The selection of the corals took a number of months when it came to research on the house reef and lagoon. The project is led by resort base leader, Andi.
“Dive Point” Andi counts 9 years of experience in the waters of the Maldives and his work experience spans across Europe, Egypt, the Philippines and Mexico. He is immensely passionate about corals and is in constant search of the best ways to regenerate corals in a sustainable manner.
“Corals are very sensitive and beautiful creature that can be found under water and each coral behaves in their own unique way, in tandem with the ever-changing environment,” he said. “We help them to grow and multiply while using different ways to fix corals. The selection process of these corals took quite a while and this included aspect of research on the house reef and lagoon. Soft and leather corals we give dead corals and reef stone as a solid substract and metal cages for the hard corals. We believe that continuous monitoring is the key to the success in their growth.”
Maldives is made up of just 1% land area and 99% being underwater. Beauty remains in this beautiful ‘waterpark’ which one must experience during their stay. All our Adaaran Resorts are Travelife Gold certified and this project will add another milestone to our longstanding sustainability best practices of the resort chain.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Aitken Spence Hotels in the Maldives
Aitken Spence Hotels and Resorts, which manages over 24 hotels in Sri Lanka, India, Oman and the Maldives, runs six properties in the Maldives under its Adaaran brand; Adaaran Select Meedhupparu, Adaaran Club Rannalhi, Adaaran Prestige Vadoo, Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi, Adaaran Prestige Water Villas and Adaaran Prestige Ocean Villas. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More