Amilla Fushi to Host Party of the Century for New Years Eve 2020
Best Family Resorts in the Maldives
28 August, 2019
Amilla Fushi has announced plans to follow a time-travelling “party of the century” concept for the upcoming New Year’s Eve 2020 celebrations at the resort.
The countdown to Christmas has already begun at scene-shaping Maldives luxury resort Amilla Fushi, as details of its hotly anticipated annual festive shenanigans emerge – culminating in an era-spanning New Year’s Eve ‘party of the century’ that will see guests dancing through 100 years in a single night, from the Roaring Twenties all the way through to the dawn of 2020.
Renowned for its star-studded festivities – last year global pop icon Rita Ora topped the bill – Amilla is set to welcome back Nick Grimshaw for another raucous NYE DJ set; and an as-yet-undisclosed chart-topping headline performer. Following the coup of last year’s intimate performance by Rita Ora, the UK singles chart’s most successful British female artist of all time, speculation is already mounting as to the identity of this year’s star guest.
Open to all guests at no extra charge, the New Year’s Eve extravaganza kicks off at sunset with a revival of the Roaring Twenties – think live jazz, clandestine cocktails from an art deco speakeasy, and gangsters and flapper girls dancing the Charleston.
As night falls, the boomers take over the beach for an interactive culinary carnival featuring a 50s Americana-inspired ‘drive-in’; a Flower-Powered hippie hangout serving CBD oil-based starters and desserts; and a 80s disco buffet – all brought vividly to life with dazzling entertainment by Area 51 performers.
The party then moves to the marina for a Nineties and Noughties DJ set by Nick Grimshaw ahead of the big countdown. After a spectacular midnight firework display, 2020 begins with a headline performance by this year’s mystery star guest – watch this space.
Any hardcore party people still standing after this epochal celebration for the ages can hit the after party at Amilla’s notorious 1 OAK Lounge from 3am to 8am.
Amilla’s elves are also dreaming up days and nights full of enchantment and wonder for the rest of the festive season. Foodies will think all their Christmases have come at once, with lip-smacking themed nights at chilled-out foodie hub Baazaar, enchanting dining experiences in the magical Mystique Garden, and incredible journeys of flavourful Japanese cuisine at signature overwater restaurant, Feeling Koi.
Australian football legend and former Everton player, Tim Cahill, will also be back on the island to inspire young footballers with a four-day festive training camp. Kids aged from 5-8 years, and teens from 9-16 years, can perfect their skills on Amilla’s very own full-sized pitch with elite coaching from the Socceroos’ all-time leading goal scorer. View festive programme
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More