Amilla Maldives Celebrates Their Very Own Mini Marine Biologist Graduates
Best Family Resorts in the Maldives
24 January, 2022
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences has held a graduation ceremony for the young VIPs from the exclusive Mini Marine Biologists Programme.
The fun interactive course teaches kids about the amazing marine ecosystem and wildlife in the Maldives, from turtles and sharks to seabirds.
Amilla’s first class of Junior Marine Biologists has just graduated this month. They were each presented with Mini Marine Biologist certificates as well as badges with seven pins on them, each representing the diverse topics they covered, and Kids’ Club backpacks in the shape of long-tailed tropicbirds.
Each interactive course consists of short videos, talks, Q&As, and even a visit to Amilla’s coral nursery en route to a snorkelling session (as part of its commitment to sustainability, Amilla is working on growing coral to help regenerate the reef). Combined with worksheets, games, and drawing, a new world of marine biology is opened up to the children.
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences’ resident Marine Biologist, Chiara Gambini, says: “Most kids already know about the importance of protecting the environment - the idea was to help give them a deeper understanding of it. The Mini Marine Biologist Course at Amilla dives pretty deep into marine biology and we even use some of the scientific names to explain processes, like photosynthesis, which the kids seem to like and have responded really well to.
“There was one little kid who is only six, but now he knows what photosynthesis is! They’ve all been really excited to learn. It’s something they decided they wanted to do themselves, as this isn’t something offered by our Kids Club, so it’s something they chose because they already had a passion for it,” adds Chiara. The course can be customized according to the age of the participants, who can be anywhere between two and 13. Each session lasts an hour, spread out over three to seven days.
Amilla is one of the greenest and most natural resort islands in the Maldives, with over 70% of it preserved as lush jungle and untouched beaches. As such, all kinds of species flourish there. In fact, Amilla is one of the only resorts in the Maldives to have six nesting sites of rare white-tailed tropicbirds, which normally only nest on uninhabited islands. It’s also an important nesting site for turtles, which are protected by one of Amilla’s many ongoing conservation projects.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More