‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
Maldives Restaurans & Dining
22 June, 2022
Michelin Listed Restaurant Owner, Luke French, to cook local and sustainable cuisine for Amilla Maldives Resort and Residence guests.
British restaurant, JÖRO, is set to pop up on the shores of Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences from October 13th to 23rd. It will overlap with Amilla’s upcoming one-day Food Festival on October 16th; part of the resort’s celebrations marking 50 years of tourism in the Maldives, which transformed the archipelago from a little-known developing country to a bucket list destination.
The owner of JÖRO, Luke French, appeared on BBC’s ‘Great British Menu’ in March 2022, and went on to win his region of Northeast & Yorkshire, reaching the final of the legendary cooking competition. He is inspired by local and sustainable ingredients, and during his 10-day residency as Guest Chef at Amilla, Luke will be exploring locally grown and foraged produce. They include Maldivian greens, breadfruit, coconuts and sustainable pole and line-caught fish.
Guests at Amilla will be treated to two gala dinners with a focus on farm-to-table and ‘eating lifestyle’ dishes. There will also be two cooking masterclasses where guests can learn culinary skills with Luke.
Luke garnered critical acclaim for JÖRO Restaurant in Sheffield, England, by combining the highest quality ingredients with cooking techniques from around the world to create award-winning Modern British, New Nordic and Asian dishes. It was listed in the Michelin Guide 2022.
Originally hailing from Cambridgeshire, his culinary career began at only 14, where, like many chefs, he began as a Kitchen Porter. Recognized for his talent, he was quickly promoted through the ranks and worked at some of the best restaurants in Cambridge, including the Michelin-starred Alimentum (now closed). Luke then set his sights on Asia, where he discovered the flavours and techniques which he was later able to showcase at his own restaurant.
After returning to the UK, Luke moved to Sheffield and soon after met his wife and business director, Stacey Sherwood. The pair launched JÖRO in December 2016, followed by street food concept restaurant, Konjö, in 2019 along with omakase counter restaurant, NAMA. They launched their boutique hotel, House of JÖRO, in 2021.
Amilla Maldives is noted for its wellness menus which are available alongside the main menus at every restaurant on the island. They offer guests a chance to keep up with their healthy eating lifestyles (or embark upon a new one), whether that may be keto, paleo, or any number of ‘eating lifestyles’. In 2021, Amilla was winner of Wellness Cuisine of the Year in the Destination Deluxe Awards.
To find out more about Luke’s residency at Amilla, the Food Festival and other exciting events at Amilla, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More