‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
Maldives Restaurans & Dining
22 June, 2022
Michelin Listed Restaurant Owner, Luke French, to cook local and sustainable cuisine for Amilla Maldives Resort and Residence guests.
British restaurant, JÖRO, is set to pop up on the shores of Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences from October 13th to 23rd. It will overlap with Amilla’s upcoming one-day Food Festival on October 16th; part of the resort’s celebrations marking 50 years of tourism in the Maldives, which transformed the archipelago from a little-known developing country to a bucket list destination.
The owner of JÖRO, Luke French, appeared on BBC’s ‘Great British Menu’ in March 2022, and went on to win his region of Northeast & Yorkshire, reaching the final of the legendary cooking competition. He is inspired by local and sustainable ingredients, and during his 10-day residency as Guest Chef at Amilla, Luke will be exploring locally grown and foraged produce. They include Maldivian greens, breadfruit, coconuts and sustainable pole and line-caught fish.
Guests at Amilla will be treated to two gala dinners with a focus on farm-to-table and ‘eating lifestyle’ dishes. There will also be two cooking masterclasses where guests can learn culinary skills with Luke.
Luke garnered critical acclaim for JÖRO Restaurant in Sheffield, England, by combining the highest quality ingredients with cooking techniques from around the world to create award-winning Modern British, New Nordic and Asian dishes. It was listed in the Michelin Guide 2022.
Originally hailing from Cambridgeshire, his culinary career began at only 14, where, like many chefs, he began as a Kitchen Porter. Recognized for his talent, he was quickly promoted through the ranks and worked at some of the best restaurants in Cambridge, including the Michelin-starred Alimentum (now closed). Luke then set his sights on Asia, where he discovered the flavours and techniques which he was later able to showcase at his own restaurant.
After returning to the UK, Luke moved to Sheffield and soon after met his wife and business director, Stacey Sherwood. The pair launched JÖRO in December 2016, followed by street food concept restaurant, Konjö, in 2019 along with omakase counter restaurant, NAMA. They launched their boutique hotel, House of JÖRO, in 2021.
Amilla Maldives is noted for its wellness menus which are available alongside the main menus at every restaurant on the island. They offer guests a chance to keep up with their healthy eating lifestyles (or embark upon a new one), whether that may be keto, paleo, or any number of ‘eating lifestyles’. In 2021, Amilla was winner of Wellness Cuisine of the Year in the Destination Deluxe Awards.
To find out more about Luke’s residency at Amilla, the Food Festival and other exciting events at Amilla, email email@example.com.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More