Spice up your life at Amilla' new Indian restaurant
Maldives for Foodies
11 September, 2021
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences has just enhanced their repertoire even further by opening another food and beverage venue on the island - East restaurant.
The Maldives may famously have a policy of just one resort per private island, but that doesn’t have to mean guests run out of new things to try. In fact, as one of the largest and most spacious private island resorts in the Maldives, Amilla Maldives has a host of dining and drinking options available - so guests can try a different venue every night of the week.
The brand new South Indian eaterie at Amilla features a tandoori hut, which was built in the sand between East and the lazy poolside breakfast restaurant, Fresh. The tandoori hut enables Amilla’s chefs to bake crispy authentic naan and the tenderest tandoori meats.
Highlights of East’s menu includes traditional entrees such as seafood samosa, vegetable pakora and vada salad as well as a host of fish and seafood curries. The curries are served thali-style on a beautiful hammered copper platter. Each one is accompanied by an array of side dishes such as rice, soup, pickles and raita.
These fragrant delights are complimented by desserts that put a fresh twist on traditional South Indian desserts. The Chef recommends trying the mango kulfi with pistachio.
Guests following special diets do not have to miss out on eating at this new restaurant either. Amilla’s groundbreaking ‘Wellness Your Way’ programme includes bespoke options for vegan/vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and keto/paleo/low-carb diets.
Besides East, Amilla also offers a contemporary overwater restaurant, ‘Feeling Koi’; an Italian Grill, Barolo Grill, casual beachside dining at Emperor Beach Club; breezy breakfasts at Fresh, woodfire pizza at Joe’s Pizza; cocktails and snacks at Baa Bar; beachside drinks accompanied by DJ beats at the Sunset Bar; private destination dining; the Cellar Door wine tasting and charcuterie treats; floating breakfasts; room service and visiting chef pop-ups.
The five star Maldives resort is located in Baa Atoll, just 20 minutes by seaplane from the international airport and only 15 minutes by speedboat from world-famous Hanifaru Bay manta snorkeling hotspot.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 03.07.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- SUPER DEAL is back! Save Up to 35% with Eid Eskape at Kandima - Hurry up!
- Hilton Expands Maldives Portfolio with with Debut of Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort
- Chocoholic? Good Thing There’s Chocolate Scene at Heritance Aarah
- Latest News from Kandima, July 2022
- Sun Island Maldives Resort unveils New Beach villas
- Bulgari Hotels announces Its debut in Maldives in 2025
- Ask Furaveri: What is the SUNsational Summer Vacation?
- Amilla Maldives resort welcomes disabled guests from across the globe
- Maafushivaru Earns ‘Best Luxury Hideaway Resort in Maldives’ Award
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, June
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Welcomes The World’s First Solar-powered Vessel
- 5 Reasons Why Kandolhu Maldives resort is the number One for Romantic Getaway
- Patina Maldives Appoints Antonio Saponara as General Manager
- Carnival Cruise Line to Bring Costa Venezia to the U.S. in 2023
- Indulgent Maldives: Elevate Your Experience at OZEN Reserve Bolifushi
- Pulse Hotels & Resorts expand Maldives Portfolio With new Nova Maldives
- Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort appoints Gaurav Thakur as General Manager
- Please Don’t Tell: SECRET DEAL OFFER – Extra 10% at Heritance Aarah
- OBLU SELECT Sangeli opens JUSTWOK — an Exciting Pan Asian restaurant
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More