Atmosphere Hotels & Resort Celebrates World Vegetarian Day
Best Hotels for Vegetarians in the Maldives
20 September, 2019
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort will celebrate World Vegetarian Day at two of its Maldivian resorts – Atmopshere Kanifushi and OBLU Select at Sangeli on 1st October 2019.
Leading Indian-Ocean resort brand, both resorts offer dedicated vegetarian-only restuarants – JUST VEG and SIMPLY VEG – that delight the pallete without the need for meat or fish.
Vegetarianism is an increasingly popular lifestyle choice, with one in eight Brits identifying as vegetarian or vegan and one in five choosing to be “flexitarian” – eating a largely vegetable-based diet with the occasional inclusion of meat. This comes after numerous reports over the last few years that suggest that avoiding meat and dairy products is the single biggest way consumers can reduce their impact on the planet.
Atmosphere Kanifushi was one step ahead of the curve, opening the Maldives’ first purely vegetarian restaurant, JUST VEG, in 2013. Following increased customer demand, OBLU Select at Sangeli, which opened in July 2018, launched SIMPLY VEG, offering plant-based fine dining based on seasonal, local ingredients.
Each restaurant redefines contemporary non-meat cuisine by experimenting with original and surprising flavour combinations. Serving mouth-watering Mediterranean, Arabic and Indian combinations and offering a special menu specifically for Jain cuisine, guests leave with a new sense of appreciation for vegetarian dining.
Chef Senthil Kumar says that guests often leave the restaurant pleasantly surprised about how much they enjoyed their meals, despire the absence of meat. He says: “I enjoy creating innovative and rustic meals that feature fresh, quality ingredients. I love to push the boundaries and create dishes that people might not expect to enjoy, but they are surprised at how much they love it. More guests are seeking vegetarian and vegan options, and we are delighted to be able to provide delicious options for them, without skimping on quality or flavour.”
The resort will be welcoming Italian Michelin-Star vegetarian cuisine chef, Fabrizio Marino, to JUST VEG at Atmosphere Kanifushi in January 2020. Mr. Marino, his Assistant Chef, and Manager will all visit JUST VEG and work with the culinary team to share their superior vegetarian cuisine knowledge and service skills over the course of a week.
Resort guests will have the opportunity to dine at JUST VEG which will feature specially-designed menus by Mr. Marino and his team.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort
Atmosphere’s first property, Atmosphere Kanifushi, opened its doors in December 2013. The group opened its second property, OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli, in November 2015; followed by their flagship ‘Lifestyle Luxury’ sub-brand, OZEN by Atmosphere, in July 2016; and then OBLU Select at Sangeli, which opened in July 2018.
The newest addition to the portfolio, VARU by Atmosphere, offering a naturally Maldivian experience, is due to open in October 2019.
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts offers guest-centric resort experiences through unique Resort Plans, offering guests a range of all-encompassing experiences, with varieties of dining options as well as a number of complimentary amenities and activities that ensure a relaxed, hassle-free holiday experience at each resort, all while staying true to the brand’s core philosophy: ‘The Joy of Giving’. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More