Atmosphere Hotels & Resort Celebrates World Vegetarian Day
Best Hotels for Vegetarians in the Maldives
20 September, 2019
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort will celebrate World Vegetarian Day at two of its Maldivian resorts – Atmopshere Kanifushi and OBLU Select at Sangeli on 1st October 2019.
Leading Indian-Ocean resort brand, both resorts offer dedicated vegetarian-only restuarants – JUST VEG and SIMPLY VEG – that delight the pallete without the need for meat or fish.
Vegetarianism is an increasingly popular lifestyle choice, with one in eight Brits identifying as vegetarian or vegan and one in five choosing to be “flexitarian” – eating a largely vegetable-based diet with the occasional inclusion of meat. This comes after numerous reports over the last few years that suggest that avoiding meat and dairy products is the single biggest way consumers can reduce their impact on the planet.
Atmosphere Kanifushi was one step ahead of the curve, opening the Maldives’ first purely vegetarian restaurant, JUST VEG, in 2013. Following increased customer demand, OBLU Select at Sangeli, which opened in July 2018, launched SIMPLY VEG, offering plant-based fine dining based on seasonal, local ingredients.
Each restaurant redefines contemporary non-meat cuisine by experimenting with original and surprising flavour combinations. Serving mouth-watering Mediterranean, Arabic and Indian combinations and offering a special menu specifically for Jain cuisine, guests leave with a new sense of appreciation for vegetarian dining.
Chef Senthil Kumar says that guests often leave the restaurant pleasantly surprised about how much they enjoyed their meals, despire the absence of meat. He says: “I enjoy creating innovative and rustic meals that feature fresh, quality ingredients. I love to push the boundaries and create dishes that people might not expect to enjoy, but they are surprised at how much they love it. More guests are seeking vegetarian and vegan options, and we are delighted to be able to provide delicious options for them, without skimping on quality or flavour.”
The resort will be welcoming Italian Michelin-Star vegetarian cuisine chef, Fabrizio Marino, to JUST VEG at Atmosphere Kanifushi in January 2020. Mr. Marino, his Assistant Chef, and Manager will all visit JUST VEG and work with the culinary team to share their superior vegetarian cuisine knowledge and service skills over the course of a week.
Resort guests will have the opportunity to dine at JUST VEG which will feature specially-designed menus by Mr. Marino and his team.
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort
Atmosphere’s first property, Atmosphere Kanifushi, opened its doors in December 2013. The group opened its second property, OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli, in November 2015; followed by their flagship ‘Lifestyle Luxury’ sub-brand, OZEN by Atmosphere, in July 2016; and then OBLU Select at Sangeli, which opened in July 2018.
The newest addition to the portfolio, VARU by Atmosphere, offering a naturally Maldivian experience, is due to open in October 2019.
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts offers guest-centric resort experiences through unique Resort Plans, offering guests a range of all-encompassing experiences, with varieties of dining options as well as a number of complimentary amenities and activities that ensure a relaxed, hassle-free holiday experience at each resort, all while staying true to the brand’s core philosophy: ‘The Joy of Giving’. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More