The More You Know: Discover New Chapter of Milaidhoo Stories
Best Luxury Resorts for Couples in The Maldives
07 Jan, 2022
Milaidhoo Island Maldives welcomes to Chapter Two of it's quarterly update on stories from the small island. From the Milaidhoo family, we wish you a very happy New Year.
It is we pleasure to share a few stories from Milaidhoo with you – new offers for guests as well as an insight into the stunning underwater world embracing a tiny island.
At the beginning of the New Year, the resort commence a new chapter and we're hoping very much that you will be a part of the island story this year. Enjoy reading this second chapter of Milaidhoo Stories.
Notes from the Connoisseur: Milaidhoo Tea Time
The tradition of Afternoon High Tea has been around for centuries and is observed throughout the world. Gradually the focus has shifted from the simple drinking of tea towards an emphasis on tea time food and the social aspect of the event. At Milaidhoo, we invite guests to enjoy tasting tea and learning about the tradition and preparation of tea.
Beginning in in the New Year, guests staying at Milaidhoo can dive deep into the tradition and roots of tea, learn about the history, the preparation and the art of making tea to best enjoy the flavour and benefits. Afternoon High Tea has evolved as a tradition and is no longer an event for high society to meet and catch up. It is enjoyed by a new generation that appreciates the health benefits, the moment of calm and reflection while enjoying a perfect cup of tea.
Ocean Stories: Is it a leaf? Is it a seahorse? It’s a fish!
In the sea around Milaidhoo our divers regularly find something interesting and fun to see but it is not always the big guys like sharks, turtles or rays that make them stop and stare.
Recently they had a very rare and special encounter at our Milaidhoo Wall: a Halimeda ghost pipefish (Solenostomus halimeda). These are tiny fish and masters of disguise and not easy to spot at all.
Ghost pipefishes are named after their skill to blend in with the habitat they are used to. The Halimeda ghost pipefish floats almost motionless, face downwards near algae of the Halimeda family, a coralline algae with round calcareous leaves. With a maximum length of 6.5cm it is one of the smallest ghost Pipefishes.
Ghost pipefish are closely related to seahorses and belong to the order of Syngnathiformes, which means their snout is formed like a tube with which they can suck in tiny crustaceans.
Only a few species of ghost pipefishes have been described in the past and all of them were found in the Indo-Pacific region. They are a benthic species, meaning they live close to the ground, until they settle in a sheltered reef or lagoon to breed. You will only find them during a short period of time as they die after they have reproduced. Unlike seahorses and other pipefishes, female ghost pipefishes have transformed their pelvic fins into a breeding pouch in which they store the fertilised eggs until they hatch.
Wellness: 4 Mood Dining experiences at Milaidhoo
While staying in Milaidhoo Maldives you can benefit from new and improved ‘Mood Dining’ offerings – a series of dining and wellness packages based on the theory that certain foods can affect body chemistry and, in turn, alter a person’s mood.
‘Moods’ include ‘Rise and Shine’, ‘Get into the Milaidhoo Mood’, ‘Deep Sleep’ and newly introduced ‘Revitalise and Reset’.
Consisting of thoughtfully curated food and drink menus paired with wellness activities, the programmes will evoke energised moods, increase concentration and even help to tackle ‘brain fog’ and anxiety post Covid.
Meal settings also help to shape moods, with dining options on deserted sandbanks in the middle of the ocean, on the beach or in the privacy of your villa.Read More
Start writing your Maldives holiday chapter with this special offer with up to 45% off on the best available rate. With a host of complimentary inclusions, this Milaidhoo Story is one of the best Maldives offers that you would ever receive.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More