Win a 3-weeks stay in Maldives: Coco Collection launches Coral Reef Gardener Competition
Best Eco-Friendly hotels in The Maldives
26 April, 2022
This Earth Day, Coco Collection has announced they are on the lookout for a green fingered intern to take up the position of ‘Coral Reef Gardener’ and work alongside their in-house Marine Educator.
The Maldives is home to some of the most enchanting and diverse coral reefs in the world, yet these marine ecosystems are suffering at the hands of climate change; including increasing sea temperatures and subsequent coral bleaching, ocean acidification, sea-level rise and changing rainfall patterns. Protection and regeneration of these reefs is imperative as they play a fundamental role in providing aquatic habitats, food provisions and wider shoreline protection – something which Coco Collection has been working to conserve for a number of years.
The lucky winner will be flown out to the luxurious Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu resort, where they will take up their three-week placement in September, assisting the Marine Educator on managing and fostering coral growth in the surrounding house reefs.
Maintaining and restoring coral is vital for marine conservation and aquatic life as a whole, and the intern will support the team in their replanting schemes to strengthen these vital ecosystems.
From developing coral around man-made frames and planting coral through to fish identification within the reefs and working with neighbouring local islands on their coral reef regeneration programmes – this role is ideal for the eco and marine enthusiast.
When not in the water, the lucky intern will also have down time to enjoy their stunning Indian Ocean surroundings and will be gifted with some of the fantastic experiences available to guests of the resort, such as a sunset cruise or spa treatment.
“The Maldives faces increasing environmental and social challenges as its popularity grows and we all have a part to play in ensuring that the beautiful, but fragile ecosystems remain intact,” says Rosalie Bailie, Marine Educator at Coco Collection.
“Sustainability has always been at the heart of what we do at Coco Collection from on-island use of sustainable alternatives, to our tree planting programmes and our long standing partnership with the Olive Ridley Project – we know we have a duty to protect this unique ecosystem for the immediate and future generations. We hope our new intern will reflect this ethos and we are looking forward to receiving applications for this fantastic opportunity to come join the team and continue their eco mission.”
To be in with a chance of securing this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, applicants must
- submit a link to a 2-3-minute video and a 500-word cover letter explaining why they think they would be a good fit for the role.
- Applicants do not need to have previous experience, but they must be over the age of 18 years, be a competent open water swimmer and keen to gain experience in this field.
The winner will receive:
- Roundtrip flights to the Maldives
- Roundtrip seaplane transfers to Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu
- 3 weeks accommodation in a Deluxe Beach Villa including Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
- A Sunset Cruise
- A Spa Treatment
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Coco Collection runs two islands — Coco Bodu Hithi and Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu that make up the Coco Collection brand.
Luxurious and contemporary, with superb private pool villas and an idyllic overwater spa - Coco Bodu Hithi, the flagship property in Coco Collection’s portfolio, is a chic retreat where you reconnect with yourself, your loved ones and the wonder of the natural world. Translating island life into contemporary sophistication, the resort, which is accessible by a 40-minute speedboat ride from the main Velana International Airport, offers 100 villas that are surrounded by the calm view of the lagoon and the soothing sound of the waves. There are seven chic restaurants, two open air cocktail bars, extensive thatched overwater Coco Spa and a fitness center (with ocean views!). An uncrowded infinity swimming pool and a large selection of activities, including scuba diving and snorkeling in the lagoon. Despite all these facilities, guests - especially at night - tend to seek privacy in a private getaway, possibly with a bottle from Wine Loft. Read Full Review
Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu is a quiet place in the Maldives where you will find luxury, beauty and privacy at reasonable prices. The resort very well takes care of its environment and creates guests all for a 5-star beach experience in tropical paradise. Dhuni Kolhu is ahead of other hotels in its category by quality, design and amenities. This is a top class, but a simple, laid-back package of key Maldives elements - diving, snorkeling, beach, island and accommodation. Half a mile from tip to tip, a private island of medium size is populated with 98 villas. Snorkeling and scuba diving is awesome amd the guests can freely walk between two restaurants, SPA and sports grounds, using shady paths entwining the lush jungle. The removal of the island takes 30 minutes by seaplane from Male airport. Snorkeling and scuba diving is awesome and the resort offers a number of fun tours, but there is no pool on the island. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More