Meet woman working towards a greener future: ECO-warriors at Constance Moofushi
Best Eco-Friendly Hotels in the Maldives
28 May, 2022
Meet Constance Moofushi’s marine biologist in residence and one of our avid eco-warriors, Jasmine Stone.
While research shows that women are more likely to be negatively impacted by climate change, they are also our best advocates to mitigate the causes and adapt to its effects on the ground. Leading the way to conserve the breathtaking reefs, Jasmine works to ensure that this magnificent habitat can live on.
Employees and guests can get involved to protect the environment at this beautiful Maldivian destination through a range of activities. Constance Hotels & Resorts is a gold member of the green globe certification and is committed to keeping the environment surrounding clean and sustainable.
Guests can appreciate and contribute to nature during their stay in the Maldives and enjoy an eco-conscious getaway in an idyllic paradise.
Conserving the reef
Through a range of activities led by Jasmine, positive change is driven. One of the ways in which guests can get involved is through the introduction of coral frames into the ocean. Guests are able to sponsor frames to be planted, as well as take part in making them. The intention is to encourage the expansion of this spectacular environment.
One of the most valuable ecosystems on the planet, coral reefs are vital for producing the oxygen that we breathe. It is also home to over 1,200 tropical species of fish which guests can spot during their stay.
Protecting these diverse and breathtaking areas that surround Constance Moofushi is vital to ensure that the area is protected.
Constance Moofushi is frequented by some incredible visitors such as the majestic turtles. However, sometimes these beautiful creatures can run into trouble.
Jasmine initiated turtle rescue training for staff members to ensure that employees knew how to respond immediately if they notice a turtle in distress. Often getting trapped in ghost nets, staff that are now eco-warriors are able to set turtles free. There are as many as 2 rescues a week.
Guests can hope to swim amongst these breathtaking creatures on diving experiences and swim alongside them as they slowly traverse the clear water of the Indian Ocean
Understanding the Wildlife
With the goal of discovering more about the enigmatic Manta Rays that can be spotted swimming by Constance Moofushi, Jasmine collects data for the local trust ‘Manta Trust’.
Gathering information helps us to understand more about the incredible marine life that surrounds the island. Through the analysis of data, migratory patterns are revealed as well as individuals who return to Constance Moofushi and the surrounding areas.
Jasmine also regularly organises reef cleans. With the help of staff, she leads the team to remove debris and check on the coral frames to ensure they are thriving.
Regularly cleaning up the reef allows for it to be easily maintained and monitored so that issues can be responded to effectively. Maintaining such a beautiful environment that guests can enjoy during their visit without any damage is endlessly important, and Constance Hotels & Resorts strives to give back to nature in this way.
Through sustainable initiatives such as these led by Jasmine, Constance Hotels & Resorts encourages eco-friendly tourism. Guests can enjoy the environment as well as give back and can leave after a relaxing and blissful holiday knowing that they gave back as eco-warriors.
To read more about the other sustainability initiatives, click here.
You may be interested:
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Constance Resorts in The Maldives
Constance Moofushi is located in South Ari Atoll, whilst Constance Halaveli is located in North Ari Atoll. Both properties belong to the Constance Hotels and Resorts Group, which also operates resorts in the Seychelles, Mauritius and Madagascar.
Constance Hotels & Resorts is a collection of authentic hotels peppered in the Indian Ocean: In Mauritius, the Maldives, the Seychelles and Madagascar. Authentic and True hotels with a genuine passion for hospitality committed to delight all guests with inspiring flavours, blissful spa treatments, and timeless adventures with an unsurpassed level of service. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More