LUX* Maldives Luxury Resorts announces new appointments
Best Luxury Resorts in The Maldives
04 March, 2021
Two resorts in Maldives operated by luxury hospitality brand LUX* Resorts & Hotels have announced new appointments.
LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas has appointed Antonello Manca as Executive Chef and LUX* North Male Atoll Resort & Villas welcomes Taylor Shearman as its new Executive Chef, overseeing the Resort’s culinary experience.
A story often told; Taylor began her cooking career by becoming a kitchen apprentice in some of the best restaurants in Australia. Her talent was clear from the beginning and she was afforded the opportunity to use her extra time in the kitchen to learn directly from the best chefs about the wonders of many different cuisines. She then moved on to luxury hotels around Turks and Caicos before arriving to the Maldives.
‘’Chef Taylor brings proven expertise and an insightful connection to the Maldives that will honour the exceptional food status while bringing an original experience to LUX* North Male Atoll’s culinary journey’’ says General Manager John Rogers.
Guiding and inspiring her team is Taylor’s principal motivation. “Cooking is all about transmission. My greatest pleasure is being able to transmit the passion I have for food and for cooking to future generations of great chefs. There is no better place to do this than with a talented team like at LUX* North Male Atoll” says Taylor.
From the Peruvian Japanese iconic restaurant INTI with a prepared-in-front-of-you sushi bar, you can travel the globe at GLOW, as we showcase the best of European classics,
Italian and Spanish delicacies through to South East Asian specialties.
After nearly a decade of international moves Taylor is thrilled to now call LUX* North Male Atoll Resort, “home.” When not cooking for the esteemed guests, Taylor loves to dive and explore the underwater world.
With over 20 years of remarkable experience, heading the culinary teams at Kempinski in Amman, Dusit Thani and Paramount Hotel, both in Dubai, he is set to take LUX* South Ari Atoll to even greater culinary heights.
For Antonello, the love for food came at a very young age, and while closely observing his mother’s cooking in the kitchen, his passion grew from the age of 14. In his early twenties, he travelled around the world to discover new flavours before he landed his first internship and realized that cooking was for him. With a clear vision he aims to combine innovation with healthy, locally sourced and mindful cooking.
“Growing up on a large island like Sardinia, with its provinces and towns, it was always easy to find plenty of clean products,”, states Antonello. “Overall, the main source of products was strictly seasonal, which created a certain level of anticipation. I remember waiting for summer to come, so that we could eat melon gelato at the ice cream parlour, or the ripe grapes we picked every August. Growing our own vegetables and making our products from scratch truly shaped how I view the art of cooking. Working together with nature in a mindful and responsible way is something I wish to develop even further at LUX* South Ari Atoll.”
When asked what he believes is a chef’s most important trait, he answers without hesitation. “Being a good chef requires a passion not only for food but also encouraging your team to develop by trying new things without being afraid of criticism. Additionally, being on the hunt for innovative ways to further enhance the guests’ culinary experience has always been a vital requirement of success for me. No chef works alone, only together we are able to succeed and that mindset is vital.”
Lastly, when discussing the upcoming culinary trends, Antonello sheds light on the fact that people in general, especially travelers, have become more observant of the origin of products.
“People questioning more is a healthy sign that we are leaning towards a mindful and responsible way of travelling and consuming experiences. The high demand for healthy living puts a lot of expectations on the offerings at secluded resorts and hotels all over the world, which is great news!”
Chef Antonello will head LUX* South Ari Atoll’s culinary team of 110 team members from more than 12 nations. When he doesn’t give guests a culinary experience to remember, Antonello loves to go fishing and diving as he is a certified dive master.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
LUX* Resorts in The Maldives
Mauritius-based LUX* operates two resorts in the Maldives: LUX* South Ari Atoll and the recently opened LUX* North Male Atoll.
LUX* Resorts & Hotels is growing at a very fast pace, the sky is the limit to what can be achieved thanks to the group’s progressive and forward-thinking approach to the industry as a whole. Cutting-edge designer villas and world-class dining can be found only a short ride away from the main Velana International Airport, making LUX* Resorts & Hotels one of the most exciting resorts in the Maldives. A uniquely exclusive paradise retreats — where breezy island living meets jet-set chic — LUX* hotels are luxury beyond boundaries. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More