Maldivian Government Softens Travel Restrictions for Resorts, Liveaboards
Liveaboards in The Maldives
12 April, 2020
Health Protection Agency (HPA) has amended the policy on entry and exit from resorts and liveaboards, lifting the requirement to seek an exit application from all individual staff before allowing them to exit the resort or safari. The employees can now leave the tourist establishment as resorts and vessels approach the end of their 14-day quarantine period.
The new policy published by HPA states travelling between resorts and other islands can be opened 14 days after the departure of the last tourist if no employees show any symptoms of COVID-19 within that period. However, the resort management is required to provide evidence of the 14-day quarantine period to HPA before allowing staff to leave.
The policy also allows the staff of resorts and safaris which had been placed under monitoring to leave after the 14-day quarantine period, if the samples taken from the resort or safari tested negative for COVID-19. However, no staff will be allowed to leave while any individual at the resort or safari is presenting any symptoms.
The policy on entry and exit from resorts places resorts under three main categories:
– Resorts and safaris with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
– Resorts and safaris with no suspected cases, negative or otherwise.
– Resorts and safaris placed under monitoring with suspected cases tested negative.
Employees from resorts and safaris bearing a confirmed infection will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine period in addition to conducting tests before being granted authorization to leave.
Employees at resorts or vessels that fall under the two remaining categories may disembark from the island or vessel following completion of the mandatory 14-day quarantine, post-departure of their final guest.
This week, Minister of Tourism Ali Waheed has revealed that there are nearly 1,000 tourists stranded across 27 resorts in Maldives due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Liveaboards in The Maldives
Welcome to one of the most appealing and dreamed-of dive destinations in the whole wide world. If you’re an avid scuba diver, the Maldives and it’s 1,192 islands is paradise. While scuba diving is popular all over the Maldives, one of the best ways to discover this exciting marine life is by hopping on a liveaboard.
Maldives liveaboards offer itineraries encompassing the world-class dive sites of North Male Atoll, Ari Atoll, Baa Atoll, Hanifaru Bay, Rasdhoo and many more, including remote atolls in the far north and south where you'd be hard-pressed to see another liveaboards. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More