Maldivian Government Softens Travel Restrictions for Resorts, Liveaboards
Liveaboards in The Maldives
12 April, 2020
Health Protection Agency (HPA) has amended the policy on entry and exit from resorts and liveaboards, lifting the requirement to seek an exit application from all individual staff before allowing them to exit the resort or safari. The employees can now leave the tourist establishment as resorts and vessels approach the end of their 14-day quarantine period.
The new policy published by HPA states travelling between resorts and other islands can be opened 14 days after the departure of the last tourist if no employees show any symptoms of COVID-19 within that period. However, the resort management is required to provide evidence of the 14-day quarantine period to HPA before allowing staff to leave.
The policy also allows the staff of resorts and safaris which had been placed under monitoring to leave after the 14-day quarantine period, if the samples taken from the resort or safari tested negative for COVID-19. However, no staff will be allowed to leave while any individual at the resort or safari is presenting any symptoms.
The policy on entry and exit from resorts places resorts under three main categories:
– Resorts and safaris with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
– Resorts and safaris with no suspected cases, negative or otherwise.
– Resorts and safaris placed under monitoring with suspected cases tested negative.
Employees from resorts and safaris bearing a confirmed infection will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine period in addition to conducting tests before being granted authorization to leave.
Employees at resorts or vessels that fall under the two remaining categories may disembark from the island or vessel following completion of the mandatory 14-day quarantine, post-departure of their final guest.
This week, Minister of Tourism Ali Waheed has revealed that there are nearly 1,000 tourists stranded across 27 resorts in Maldives due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Liveaboards in The Maldives
Welcome to one of the most appealing and dreamed-of dive destinations in the whole wide world. If you’re an avid scuba diver, the Maldives and it’s 1,192 islands is paradise. While scuba diving is popular all over the Maldives, one of the best ways to discover this exciting marine life is by hopping on a liveaboard.
Maldives liveaboards offer itineraries encompassing the world-class dive sites of North Male Atoll, Ari Atoll, Baa Atoll, Hanifaru Bay, Rasdhoo and many more, including remote atolls in the far north and south where you'd be hard-pressed to see another liveaboards. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More