Regent Seven Seas Cruises rolls out 128 new culinary tours in the Mediterranean
Luxury Cruise Guide
29 June, 2023
Regent Seven Seas Cruises has introduced 128 culinary-focused shore excursions in the Mediterranean. This collection of culinary-focused shore excursions is an integral part of Regent’s “Epicurean Perfection” programming, which celebrates the world’s flavors while immersing guests in the beauty, history, and cultures of the destinations they explore. Crafted in collaboration with local chefs and culinary experts, these excursions take guests through France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Turkey.
Highlights of Regent’s new European culinary-focused shore excursions include:
- “Minoan Gastronomy Through History” Heraklion (Crete), Greece – Experience a hands-on cooking class at a restaurant in Amnisiades Park. Some dishes will be baked in a Minoan-style oven using olive oil sourced from the park’s ancient trees.
- “Cooking Class with Local Chef” in Pergamum (Dikili), Turkey – Learn to cook traditional Turkish cuisine at a Bergama restaurant, surrounded by Greek and Roman ruins. A quick tour of the city’s historical sites precedes the hands-on cooking class. Participants may then enjoy their creations and local wine for lunch.
- “Farm to Table Amalfi-Style” in Amalfi/Positano, Italy – Experience a tour of a family-owned organic farm in Scala, a hilltop village founded in the fourth century. The farm is owned by the Ciccio family, who will guide visitors around their vineyards, fruit orchards and vegetable fields. Learn about organic farming methods and enjoy lunch made with ingredients from the farm while taking in the views.
- “Porto’s Port Wine Cellars” in Porto, Portugal – Embark on a scenic drive through Porto, followed by a dining experience accompanied by port wine. Guests will witness landmarks like Casa da Música and the baptism site of explorer Henry the Navigator, before learning about the production of port wine. At Graham’s Port Lodge in Gaia, savor a tasting of appetizers paired with wines.
- “Ultimate Provence Specialties” in Toulon, France – Embark on a gastronomical journey in the Provence countryside after exploring Saint-Tropez. Anticipation builds as guests approach Ultimate Provence, an eco-friendly hotel wine estate. Take a tour of the property and organic vineyards, before indulging in a meal accompanied by wines.
- “Menorcan-Style Lobster” in Mahon (Menorca), Spain –Savor Menorca’s signature dish, lobster stew, at Sa Llagosta restaurant in Fornells. This classic dish, which originated over a century ago, centers around spiny lobsters caught in the surrounding waters. Chef David Coca adds his own twist to the dish, but a traditional sofrito of tomato paste, onions, and garlic remains its base. Finish with a flaó, a cheesecake-like dessert. On the way to Fornells, take in the island’s surroundings, including Monte Toro, the highest peak.
- Last Minute Cruise deals
- Celestyal reveals new star of its fleet, Celestyal Journey
- Cruise Saudi Launches Arabian Cruise Experience: Aroya Cruises
- New Top-Deck Family Activity Zone to debut onboard Sun Princess
- Norwegian to Host Food & Wine Festival at Sea in 2024
- Legendary Journeys: Regent Seven Seas Cruises unveils 2025-26 Voyage Collection
- Holland America Line to sail longer voyages for 2024-25
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us!Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More