The Maldives Could Open Borders for China and South East Asia by May
Here is all You Need to Know if You are Planning on Travelling to The Maldives during the Coronavirus pandemic
30 March, 2020
President of the Maldives has announced that Maldives may open its borders for China and South East Asia by end of April, depending on the situation.
Maldives has temporarily suspended on arrival visa for all tourists from 27th March 2020.
Speaking at the press conference regarding the situation with Covid-19 in the Maldives on 25th March, he highlighted that efforts are put into place to control the virus in Southeast Asian countries and China.
Maldives suspended the tourist arrivals from China on 3rd February as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
The President stated that he have hopes that Maldives will be able to gradually open its borders to tourist arrivals after the next three months, starting with visitors from Southeast Asia. In addition to this he further highlighted that tourism industry is expected to make a boom by the last quarter of 2020 and the first quarter of 2021.
“I have been told by tour operators that at least 20,000 booking requests from Germany have been received for later this year. We are also confident that we will be able to begin welcoming tourists from China after the Chinese government begins easing travel restrictions starting next month. I was also informed that 300 Russian tourists inquired about bookings today itself. So as per the experts, after this period, in the last quarter of the year and the first quarter of next year, there will be a major tourism boom” he said.
In light of COVID-19 outbreak, countries all over the world are putting travel bans and issuing travel advisories. The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic, with one of the organization’s leaders citing the severity and the speed at which the disease is spreading.
The government of Maldives has taken a number of measures to contain the disease and to mitigate the negative impact the virus has caused. These include a temporarily ban on foreign passenger vessels and the nationwide shutdown of guesthouses.
Maldives has previously taken border control measures by temporarily suspending all tourist arrivals from UK, Malaysia, China, Italy, Bangladesh, Iran, parts of South Korea, Spain, and certain regions of Germany and France.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives on a Budget
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays available, which range from budget guesthouses to backpacker-friendly hotels – there are all accomodation available for under USD 50 a night! The Maldives is a fascinating country to travel to independently, not least because it’s only been possible to do so for the past decade.
Undoubtedly, Maldives is'nt getting more cheaper every year, but it’s equally true that the gorgeous islands offer something for everyone – backpackers and budget-conscious travellers included! Here’s our dedicated section that guides you through everything you need to know about enjoying Maldives on the cheap. We’ve also included a section with useful tips on enjoying Maldives on a shoestring, and another which shows you all the free, and almost free, things you can enjoy for your cheap holiday in Maldives. Here for you the ultimate guide to enjoying Maldives on a budget. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More