Amari Havodda Maldives
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Families, Beaches, Spa, House Reef Snorkeling, All Inclusive
Amari Havodda Maldives
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Families, Beaches, Spa, House Reef Snorkeling, All Inclusive
Amari Havodda is a secluded luxury resort ideally located in the south area of the Maldives, one of the most untouched archipelagos in the Indian Ocean. With the pristine sands and crystall clear waters, luxury travellers'll discover a new perspective on the private beach resort experience here. Offering a luxurious accomodation, Amari Havodda is set on a private Thinadhoo island in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll via a short 55-minute domestic flight from Male airport.
Opened in 2016, the pristine paradise of Amari Havodda Maldives is the latest international opening of ONYX Hospitality Group. There are 120 rooms, with two villa types (beach and overwater), providing uninterrupted views over the ocean. Guests can dine in five bars and restaurants, get pampered in the Breeze Spa or go take a course at the dive centre. For recreation and playtime, the swimming pool, FIT Centre (gym), Water Sports Centre and multipurpose court are available for fun activities and excursions. Offering great value rooms on a Full Board and All Iclusive basis, guests try snorkelling on the spectacular coral reef, or relaxing on powder soft sand, this truly is a secluded haven, perfect for couples and families.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
After landing at Male International Airport and cleared immigration and customs, you will be met at the arrival area by a representative holding an Amari Havodda Maldives placard. Next you'll bel escorted to Amari's lounge, located in the domestic terminal for relaxing and waiting for boarding your domestic flight. The lounge offers excellent service and facilities including an assortment of light snacks, drinks and complimentary Wi-Fi. A 55-minute flight by a fixed-wing airplane to Kaadhedhoo Domestic Airport follows. Again, you will be met by the representative who will then guide you to an awaiting speedboat for a 10-minute sea transfer directly to the island.
The resort is new and well-maintained. Oriented from north to south, the beautiful island (700x250) lies in the heart of Huvadhoo atoll. The resort with calm crystal clear turquoise sea, soft powdery sand and perfect tropical weather, is a touch of paradise at one’s reach. Boasting long stretches of soft beaches, the island is surrounded by a large house reef teeming with marine life. The lagoon around the island is magnifient, full of life: turtles, lobsters, sharks. The island is home to small geckos, herons, and bats. There are two main beaches in the resort: Amaya beach on the southern tip and Eber on the north. A large infinity swimming pool with children's section is located on the south beach. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Designed by award-winning French designer Isabelle Miaja, the theme of Amari Havodda Maldives circles around the “natural sustainability” with guest villas and facilities inspired by contemporary Maldivian art. Water villas with stunning ocean views are located on two jetties at the southern and northern island's tips and around the rooms are the best snorkeling spots. Facing sunset an sunrise, Beach villas are comfortably stretched along the entire length of the island, providing guests with their own piece of beach and linked by scenic paths among dense tropical vegetation. And although each room has direct access to white sand, wider beaches are located on the island's east side. Well done night lighting trails and villas.
Worth mentioning the hotel staff! Everyone greets, smiles and tries to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Under the strict guidance of the hotel’s chief manager, Christophe Leonard, all hotel staff create for you an unforgettable atmosphere and a full sense of paradise.
In addition to guests from Europe, you will find here a lot of Asians.
Located in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll, south of the capital of Malé, Amari Havodda Maldives is reached by a combination of domestic flight to Kaadhedhoo Domestic Airport and from there a 10-minute speedboat transfer. Guests have to provide their international arrival and departure flight details at least 7 days prior to arrival so that the resort's staff can help you arrange domestic transfers. The return way will be as well organized. Despite early departure, expect a hearty breakfast and hassle-free transfer.
Huvadhoo Atoll is the second largest Atoll in Maldives located on the chief sea path nearby southern India. Thousands of tourists choose this tropical destination with another aim – to relax in top-class resorts, sun-bath on palm-fringed beaches and dive in pristine ocean waters. This enchanting archipelago is your paradise, embracing the beauty of nature and serenity of a borderless horizon; and the perfect destination for underwater adventures. Idyllically located in the southern Gaafu Dhaalu atoll, the resort is surrounded with rich colourful marine life. Divers choose this place to admire the vast coral reefs, which strike with colors and the diversity of marine species.
The perfect dream destination for honeymooners, the resort offers 120 villas, which include 48 beach villas, 12 beach pool villas, 58 overwater villas and two overwater pool villas, all elegantly appointed with breathtaking ocean views. Flat screen IPTV and complimentary Wi-Fi is available for guests to stay in touch with the rest of the world. The hotel is new, so the villas and furniture and everything looks great.
Notice traditional and contemporary Maldivian art in the design motifs of Amari Havodda's guest villas which, coupled with materials sourced for their natural sustainability, feel at once authentic yet ethically forward-thinking. It's a concept feels throughout much of what is great about this wonderful all-villa retreat.
All villas have private terraces with sun loungers, ceiling fans, air conditioning, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar, laptop sized in-room safe, complimentary WiFi, 40 inch LED TV, DVD player, bathrobes and slippers, complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Beach Villa is lowest category of accommodation. Think about a sanctuary of seclusion and tranquility, where palm trees sway as you gaze out to the blue lagoon, where comfort and luxury meet effortlessly - it's all about Beach Villas. Light tones, modern technology, elegantly casual, incredibly homely, the rooms offers you the setting for a perfect island hideaway.
Sunset Beach Villas are more popular - Upgrade will give your private outdoor terrace, where after a day of play, cocktail in one hand, sea breeze whispering away. The sun starts to fade, the horizon gently lights up, and a magnificent spectrum of colours unfolds. A truly spectacular sight to witness, the beginning of a Maldivian evening discovered from your villa is an experience to share and cherish. Offering views of the sunset and ocean, the Sunset Beach Villa features an outdoor seating area, a flat-screen TV and DVD player. It has a private terrace with sun loungers. The private bathroom is open air with separate bathtub and rain shower.
Beach Garden Pool Villas and Beach Pool Villas are more spacious and come with a swimming pool. The rooms have the private bathroom is open air with separate bathtub and rain shower.
Overwater Villas are perched above the ocean with a spectacular view from your private deck. All Villas are equipped with steps to the sparkling blue lagoon for house reef snorkeling and swimming.The interiors feature an understatedly elegant space, where an inviting king bed, outdoor covered bath area and modern technology have thoughtfully been put in place. The Water Villas have 2 wardrobes, a safe, mini bar, refrigerator (if full board drinks are not free), a coffee machine, a TV. High-quality toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, hair conditioner, body lotion) - really liked.
Overwater Pool Villas ( 153 sq. m ) epitomise comfort and understated luxury. Here you'll find solitude and tranquility for the perfect stay. Overwater Pool Villas are equipped rivate plunge pool, direct ocean access and sun deck with overwater hammock and outdoor seating area.
Restaurants and Bars
The food here is amazing! Indulge in unique destination dining experiences with the finest selection of Asian and international cuisine at Amari Havodda Maldives. The luxurious resort hosts five restaurants and bars each with a unique setting, including the signature Amaya Food Gallery, Japanese concept Ember Robatayaki grill and Thari Bar. Breakfast, lunch or romantic candle-lit dinner, share your special moments on the private island together. The service is great from serving the table to the individual approach to each guest.
You will be pleasantly surprised that at such a price for the rooms in the restaurant there is a huge choice of dishes for all meals. Products the hotel imports from Dubai and all of excellent quality. International cuisine is served at the signature Amaya Food Gallery in buffet style. Following a Japanese concept a la carte and set menus are available at Ember, our Japanese Robatayaki restaurant, as well as in different destination dining options. Thari Bar (“thari” means “star” in Dhivehi) is uniquely teamed with a glamorously lit pool, whilst guests sip cocktails on a balmy evening. For comfort food, Pizza Kaage is available for tasty pizzas and snacks for takeaways and as in-villa dining service.
Amaya Food Gallery serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style which is included in the full board rate. A great breakfasts can seem monotonous (for some) but everything is very tasty and not bored. Omelette, poached eggs, buns, pancakes and insanely delicious waffles with nutella. 2 fresh natural juices (watermelon and orange) and 1 smoothie always (if full board - all juices from the breakfast buffet are free); from food for breakfast you can take smoked salmon (very tasty), sometimes tuna sashimi, porridge, Chinese dumplings are really yummy. There are also spicy Thai soups and flavored curries. You can feel a little savings on fruits (either guava, or passion fruit, or rambutan, only sometimes guava + passion fruit), there is always melon and watermelon on the tables.
Lunches and dinners are very diverse, there is a lot of seafood, pasta, and a large selection of meat dishes (chicken, lamb, pork), Chinese or Thai cuisine - all this variety is cooked at the highest level capable of appeasing any appetites! There are always several types of soups, some meat and grilled fish with a wide selection of homemade sauces. From European meal expect predominantly fried food, but on the whole everything is delicious, although if you don't perceive Asian cuisine at all you may not particularly like the choice of dishes. Also worth a good mention is excellent baking (buns and bread are always the softest and right from the oven).
Breakfast 7am to 10am. Lunch 12noon to 2pm. Dinner 7pm to 10pm.
Set on the island's northern tip, Ember Grill celebrates great food with great vistas. From tender meats to succulent seafood prepared on the grill, the restaurant take pride in providing a relaxing and intimate dining experience including al-fresco tables, the ideal setting to enjoy a romantic dinner under the stars. Robatayaki ‘fireside-cooking' is a method of barbecuing seafood, vegetables and prime cuts. Forget about your diet on vacation - dinner at the hotel is something incredible: oysters, lobsters, tiger prawns, all kinds of rolls, 3 types of fish, grill section, a huge selection of fruits and desserts, and importantly, food well presented, but also very tasty! Dinner served 7pm to 10pm.
Thari Bar - Relax by the poolside with a cool drink, or lie back in casual repose on one of the welcoming outdoor cabanas to enjoy a warm breeze and the blissful views of the horizon. Opening times: 10am until late.
Iru Bar – Treat yourself to a glass of bubbly at the intimate west-facing beach bar. Perfectly placed for admiring the endless horizon as you savour your drink and embrace the sunset. Opening times: 5pm until 8pm.
Pizza Kaage – The ideal option for a quick bite or main dish, featuring tasty takeaway pizzas, light meals and snacks throughout the day. Opening times: 12noon until 7:30pm.
All Inclusive Holiday - What's Included?
Amari Havodda Maldives offers you a variety of meal plans to suit your needs. The standard rate is for Full Board but you can upgrade to either All Inclusive or Premium All Inclusive plans to enjoy these additional benefits. Please note that only one meal plan can be selected per villa.
Food & Drinks
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner with live cooking stations, grill & BBQ
- Selection of alcoholic & non-alcoholic cocktails, beer, wine, sparkling wine, liquors, juices, soft drinks, mineral water, tea/coffee at selected outlets
Leisure & Services
- Personal greetings for all arrival & departure guests by Amari Havodda Maldives airport representatives
- Domestic terminal lounge at Velana airport with complimentary refreshments
- Guided house reef snorkelling tour one time per stay
- Complimentary cabanas, sun loungers, umbrellas and towels by the infinity pool
- Complimentary daily sunrise or sunset yoga
- Free use of the fitness centre with state-of-the-art equipment
- Free use of multipurpose court with different games / activities
- Free use of beach volleyball court
- Daily evening entertainment at Thari Bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
Includes all benefits in the all-inclusive plan, plus these additional facilities:
Food & Drink
- One gourmet set menu dinner per stay, per week at Ember Grill
- Minibar replenished once a day with a choice of wine, beer, soft drinks and snacks
Leisure & Services
- One lagoon orientation dive per person, per say for certified divers only
- One 60-minute signature treatment at Breeze Spa per stay, per week
- Cooking class with executive chef or sous-chef one time per stay, per week
Activities and Pampering
Activity-wise there's plenty to keep you occupied including a watersports centre, dive centre, swimming pool, gym, boat excursions and tennis courts. Younger members of your group needn't miss out on the fun either thanks to a kids club and babysitting service, while free wifi keeps everyone online and connected. Children's activities are introduced daily to keep them active whilst their parents enjoy the serenity of the resort and relax at the spa. Beach is lovely dolphins swam past most days sometimes 2 or 3 times.
Euro-Divers Dive and Watersports Center proposes snorkelling, scuba diving and a wide range of activities from excursions to water sports. Visibility is superb in the warm waters surrounding the atoll. There is a nice house reeef around the island (except for the east shore), and all guests are given a voucher for snorkeling with two guides, high quality snorkeling equipment is free of charge. The corals are dead, but the reef is teeming with marine life including colorful fish, sharks, rays and turtles! READ MORE ABOUT DIVING
There are 10 dive sites from beginners till advanced level nearby the resort, all of them show a very unspoiled characteristic and coral life which is tremendously good. Nudy branches, sponges, gorgons, snappers, jack, fishes, trigger fishes, oriental sweet lips, tunas, parrot fishes, green turtles. Large predators are attracted into the channels to feed on the profusion of smaller reef fish schooling close to the coral walls and submerged thilas. Whale sharks are sometimes seen feeding on the plankton that spills out of the atoll channels. Rahadhoo Channel and Kuda Hafza Thila are dive sites must go!
Breeze is the only spa in the Maldives and focuses with happiness as key foundation for wellness, including a “barefoot” experience at the spa’s reception upon arrival. The spa extends with four couple treatment villas with a private terrace and two double suites with Jacuzzi.
Guests can enjoy also yoga sessions, fitness programmes, Big game fishing (too expensive), cooking classes, movie nights and many more activities lined up on the island. There is evening entertainment on the island, several times a week live music at the bar. Photo Studio: reasonable prices and great photo quality, ighly recommend! In the evenings local staff feeds sharks near the jetty.
With great reviews all around, the Amari Havodda Maldives Resort certainly seems to impress its guests, especially those who have stayed in the overwater villas. The rooms are noted as spacious, clean and offering great views and amenities. The staff also receives high marks with statements including ‘professional and attentive' and ‘always nice and available'. If you love snorkeling, you'll find fantastic snorkeling right outside of your overwater villa room, at least that's what most of the reviews express.
... Exceptional, Outstanding Service and Hosting, It was absolutely amazing, we had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend Amari Havodda, Magic Maldivian experience, Paradise on earth, We had an amazing time at amari havodda Maldives, I cannot find any issue with the resort whatsoever, They have made my honeymoon a one to remember for the rest of my life, Fantastic honeymoon place with world class service, Perfect stay in paradise - strongly recommend, Awesome experience, Absolutely paradise with 5 star service, Amazing vacation...
Pros: What Guest Love
- A beautiful island
- A great service. The staff is friendly and helpful.
- Good privacy
- The beaches
- Spacious and comfortable accomodation. Water Villas come with a fantastic sea views.
- Delicious and variesd food. All Inclusive meal plan
- Excellent value for money
- House reef snorkeling
- Spa treatments
What You Need to Know
- Amari Havodda is located in Huvadhoo atoll in 55-min domestic flight from Malé airport+ 15-min speed boat ride to the resort
- Check-in from 14:00, Check-out before 12:00
- You may be asked to present the credit card used to confirm your reservation at check-in.
- All Children are welcome.
- There are an Jewellery and craft shop and Health clinic
at the resort
- Limited dining options. There is only one all-time restaurant
- Most activities are extra charges
- Using drones for photo / video is not allowed.
- The wifi of the resort is a little bit slow
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (26.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 25.01.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Experience Luxury Escape to Paradise at Universal Resorts
- Emerald Maldives launches New fun-filled, inspiring Family activities
- Scuba Diving Experience at Komandoo: a Typical itinerary
- Milaidhoo Maldives introduces Vacation Packages 2021
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo offers Whale Shark encounters
- Heritance Aarah named the Best Luxury All Inclusive Resort in Asia
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Soneva Jani: Welcome to the Chapter Two
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as GM
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives gets 2021 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More