Best Experience: for Family, House Reef Snorkeling, Value
Perfect for your romantic getaway or family vacation, Bandos Maldives offers 250 rooms in 6 categories on a beautiful island only 15 minutes by boat from Male airport. Recently completely renovated, Bandos is known as one of the best resorts for family holidays in the Maldives and you can safely relax while your kid is keenly spending time with friends around professional caregivers who have many exciting children's programs and entertainment.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till April 30 for stays until Sep 30
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1064.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
With 28 rooms, Bandos opened its shores to guests on December 10, 1972, becoming the second resort in the Maldives.
A major refurbishment programme was conducted in 2004, adding modern facilities and services to the resort’s already superior offering. The resort has since seen several upgrades, becoming one of the most popular and hospitable resorts in the country.
Guests of the resort are represented by an international crowd headed by Russians, Germans, Britons and Japanese, and over-scale for more than 500 people, when the occupancy is at the maximum. About 540 people are constantly working at Bandos Maldives, including 75% of the Maldivians. Staff speak good English, and French.
North Malé also known as northern Kaafu is the main atoll in the Maldives, where in the first time in the country the tourism was launched. The capital of Maldives, Male City and Velana International Airport (MLE) are also located in the North Male Atoll. North Male Atoll is home to a great collection of luxury 5* star resorts and budget guest houses. Read More...
Located in North Male Atoll and accessible by a short 15-minute speedboat ride from the main Velana International Airport, Bandos features spacious rooms with balconies overlooking the garden, beach or the ocean.
Rooms and Villas
84 standard rooms grouped in four houses are very modest, while Deluxe rooms are collected in two and already have a lot of space and comfort. Most of these rooms do not look at the beach, which makes the moment of staying in the room a bit sad. Then go Garden Villas featuring the elegant decoration of the forest. JACUZZI BEACH VILLAS with peaked roofs located along the beach and hidden behind large banyan trees and majestic palms, high class, not to mention 2 WATER VILLAS decorated in warm colors with a refined interior and jacuzzi. With an English lawn and a collection of cobbled paths one could blame this beautifully sharp light denaturalization, but this is offset by dining in four different restaurants with international cuisine and a drink in four different bars, or even in a 24/24 open cafe. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Restaurants and Bars
The main restaurant delivers 3 decent buffets a day though the place itself is rather dark and dull. The fine dining restaurant has sea views but is none too attractive either. The coffee shop and main bar are well placed by the water. The bar is the main focus of nighttime entertainment and this is usually active and buzzing till sometimes very late indeed. Think of Thailand in Koon Thai restaurant where you can burn your mouth with authentic Thai cuisine, or appreciate the quality of the Indian Ocean's seafood at Sea Breeze, and Gallery restaurant is the place for a buffet for breakfast. Umi Yaki restaurant serves Japanese Teppanyaki food. Recommended for everyone: an appetizing barbecue party in the tropical atmosphere of the Huvan and Sand bar, right on the beach with a good selection of seafood and fish grilled buffet, and live entertainment, will remain very satisfied
We do not recommend you the island if you want a romantic holiday in a quiet place. Bandos is ideal for families with children and is peppered with a large number of games and animations including a full-time babysitter, a children's playground, two children's pools and a large selection of activities that can be practiced. In Bandos, where rest is the king, kids can not be bored.
Usually, children anchor in Kokko children's club, where they can play and take part in various fun activities! Open from 08: 00-17: 00, the Children's Club is a favorite place for entertainment, and a good chance to make new friends, while parents are diving or sunbathing on the beach. For especially capricious people, there is an opportunity to choose a children's menu from the restaurant. For a little guests in Bandos Maldives there are lessons of applied art, cooking classes, treasure hunting, or reading books and board games for a rainy day.
Activities & SNORKELLING
The excellent location of Bandos in the south part of North Male Atoll offers access to more than 40 world-class dive sites. The dive base is large and impressive. It seems to offer everything from absolute beginner courses up to expert rebreather courses. 5 star diving center is formed by a team of professional instructors and has quality equipment, an air-conditioned class with audio-visual facilities and a great library. All PADI courses are on offering, including children's diving. READ MORE ABOUT DIVING
Orchid Spa is a well-deserved place after a fantastic diving, with an extensive choise of healing and relaxing treatments, from facials and aromatherapy, to branded packages for two including divine Thai massage and skin therapies, although some prefer to blow bubbles into the jacuzzi.
A vibrant house reef is one of the best not only in the North Male Atoll, but also in Maldives! Colorful corals are teeming with curious sea life and for easier access to abundant marine life, the Bandos Maldives administration has taken care of the passage in the corals. Expect to see many bright and cute sea creatures: turtles, rays, white reef sharks, giant moray eels, colorful fish - this abundance does not occur in every resort in the Maldives. In short - do not miss snorkeling!
Reviews for the Bandos Island Resort & Spa are generally positive, but not as solidly so as many other resorts in the area. This is a relatively large resort that is popular with families, so almost all guests are paying significantly less than those who stay in the water villas. The snorkeling and diving here get high marks, as does the food.
Some guests mention that the food and other things at the resort are expensive, but in fact the food and drinks here are among the cheapest in the Maldives, so it's more a matter of people not being prepared for the price levels here. For families who want to stay in a water villa, this resort seems like a good choice, but with 223 beach rooms mixed in with the 2 water villas, it's important to realize that you'll be in by far the best rooms on the island. With all this said, it's important to also note that many guests return for second or third stays, meaning that this resort pleases enough for it to be chosen above others.
What Guest Love
- A great location nearby Male airport. Only 15 minutes by speed boat
- The island is beautiful and so clean and safe.
- The staff is very friendly, always smiling and ready to do anything for you!!
- Great price for all inclusive!
- Resort facilities
- Very good breakfast, lunch, tea snacks and dinner!! The food served at all restaurants is delicious. Great variety to choose from.
- The nature and the sea
- House reef snorkelling
- Fabulous spa
- Fun nights with karaoke on Tuesdays.
- Value for money
What You Need to Know
- Bandos is in North Malé Atoll, one of the best diving spots in the Maldives
- Near the airport and smooth transfer to the island
- Speedboat transfer takes 15 minutes from Male International Airport. The return rates are:
Adult: USD 93.64, round trip, inclusive of all taxes
Child (2 to 11 years): USD 46.82 round trip, inclusive of all taxes
- Check-in from 14:00, Check-out before 12:00
- All Children are welcome.
- Bandos is an old property so maybe does not have the glitz and bling of the newer (more expensive ) resorts
- The restaurant operates 2 hrs only
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Horizon 3 - 05 Sep 2021 - from €965.00 - Best of the Central Atolls (Male-Male) - Summer Special! Plus FREE Nitrox. Valid until April 30, 2021. 50% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 15 Aug 2021 - from €3,008.00 - Best of Maldives - Meemu (Male-Male) - $700 OFF - Rates include discounts!
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 11 Dec 2021 - from €1,469.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €330 OFF! Rates include discount.
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 17.04.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- The Maldives allows Covid Passports
- Lindsay Lohan enjoys vacation at W Maldives
- Qatar Airways and JetBlue Expand Strategic Partnership
- Soneva launches Academy for Children
- Mohammad Shami has a vacation at Kandima Maldives before new cricketing season
- Milaidhoo Maldives has announced a special offer for upcoming Eid al-Fitr holidays
- Rediscover the Maldives with Centara
- Shraddha Kapoor is back to Maldives, now at Baros
- Surbhi Jyoti shares vacation photos and videos from The Standard getaway in Maldives
- Enjoy Maldives Adventure holidays with island resort special offers
- Maldives Cheap Scuba Diving Holidays: 10 Best Hotels for divers on a budget
- Book in advance and enjoy discount off the best rates
- Enjoy Ramadan Escape at Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More