Filitheyo Island Resort
Best Experience: House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
For many visitors Filitheyo Island Resort is one of the best hotels in the Maldives, and definitely a secret dream for everyone who loves diving and snorkeling.
Filitheyo Island Resort is located in Faafu Atoll, the undisputed winner among the most unspoiled atolls of the Maldives, abundant in vibrant marine life and healthy corals. Snow-white sandy beach with fringe of palm trees reflected in the turquoise lagoon, comfortable accommodation in the depths of dense vegetation and over the water, delicious food under bright stars, spa, excursions to uninhabited islands, a large choice of activities, and last but not least fascinating diving and snorkeling at house reef - here is an approximate picture of Filitheyo, a brilliant emerald in the crown of the Maldives.
There was very little intervention on the beach or in the lagoon, so nothing spoils the view on either side of the island. The beach is wide with a large lagoon and soft like talcum sand, and on the other side, the house reef is close to the beach. You can walk barefoot during your entire stay on the island, and there are wooden walkways through public areas, alternating with sandy floors and paths, criss-crossing the interior of the Filitheyo. The interior itself is magnificent: impressive strands of mature coconut palms, local vegetation and the opportunity to walk around the island.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Faafu atoll is a magical world in the Maldives filled with absolute silence except for the fresh breath of a breeze and the delicate whisper of waves melting in corn sand. In more than a hundred kilometers from Male airport, Faafu atoll is one of the few places in the country where you will get a real taste of the authentic Maldives. Read More...
The resort has a large percentage of German guests, many of whom are divers, and then a mix of British, other Europeans and Asians. The hotel has facilities for children and is an excellent place for a family holiday.
Located in 35-40 minutes by seaplane from Male airport, Filitheyo offers an excellent value for money. If some resorts sometimes stop feeding their guests with the usual expectations from the Maldives, Filitheyo does just magic.
Filitheyo is a home to 125 villas built in Maldivian style with thatched roofs, all beautifully decorated with reasonable use of fragile tones and with light wood furniture located around the beach and on one side of the island's lagoon. 94 Superior villas and 15 deluxe villas have a picturesque semi-open bathroom and a wash basin in a private garden. The offer of the hotel is complemented by 16 water villas which, of course, have an appeal, but the proximity to them makes one say that it is most likely the luxury of HML! Nevertheless, the villas offer an intimate and relaxing setting, and all the necessary facilities and comfort.
Most Superior rooms look to the east, on a narrow beach. Deluxe rooms overlooking the sunset and the beach are better, although the lagoon is shallow, especially at low tide and may be a bit "coral." Both types of rooms have the same everyday comfort, lots of cotton and light wooden furniture. The deluxe rooms are a bit larger and have beautiful bathrooms. Water Villas have similar furniture, and there are also sofas in the open air. The deck is equipped with a Maldives swing, 2 sun loungers and steps down into the world of snorkeling. It would be even better if the guests were not open to their neighbors on both sides.
Accommodation is offered in 2 nominations:
- 94 Superior Beach Villas next to each other (their terraces have wooden partitions), each offering 95 sq.m. A cozy home away from home, and 15 -111 sq.m. detached Deluxe Beach villas with private terrace, if you are looking for more space and privacy;
- 16 water villas (146 sq.m.) Swim in the middle of the best part of the island (trio sunset + reef + lagoon - it's all there) and have a spacious bathroom with Jacuzzi, pearl bath, own veranda and large Maldivian swings;
Note: Water Villas can accommodate up to 2 people. If you travel with a child, you will be placed on the beach. All beach villas are designed for 3 guests (with an extra bed in each). If you travel with a some kids or a group of friends, you can ask for adjacent villas (only on request).
Food is another pivotal fun in Filitheyo. The dining is the best in this category of resorts, with a commitment to quality and presentation of dishes that is unrivaled and where the love and talent of the chefs is clearly manifested. The main restaurant for the first time is a little embarrassed by its size, but this is for the introduction. With meals in the main bar, and a la carte menu in the Sunset restaurant, in the villa, on the beach and even on the sandy shallows, half board or all inclusive is a good choice.
The resort has 2 restaurants and bars. An appetizing variety of quality dishes from all over the world is served in the main buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, where the food is always very tasty and varied (there are always fruits, sushi, fish, meat, salads ... you will like it! ), and the a la carte menu feast in the dining room next to the infinity pool in front of the lagoon and face to the wonderful sunset, crimson, sometimes turning into purple, then orange to golden. Try a chic private dinner with a lobster menu on the shore of the ocean to the sound of waves.
The lovely village bar has 2 hours of happy hour and there is a wide selection of cocktails and iced coffee, plus indoor game rooms (billiards, table football, table tennis) and outdoor tables that descend to the very edge of the water. There is also a large menu of snacks.
A coffee shop (which doubles as a bar) and a bar complete Filitheyo's dining scene. Guests mainly consist of Europeans who come to diving, Japanese on a honeymoon, followed by French, Russian and English. On the nights entertainment is rare, and after everyone at Sunset bar talked about their underwater exploits (the choice of liquor is quite decent), everyone goes to sleep.
DIVING & SNORKELLING
On the theme of "what to do", Filitheyo offers a traditional choice of daily activities, including spectacular diving, spa with highly professional staff, excursions (do not miss the magnificent uninhabited atoll islands and snorkel-safari with turtles, manta rays, and whale sharks) and water sports. A few words about the lagoon: due to the close location of the house reef, the lagoon has a narrow shape, and therefore not very suitable for swimming.
The difficulty of booking a room on the island at a certain time of the year shows that nothing needs to be radically changed. The only thing that surprises is a small spa, in comparison with what was before. Treatments and doctors are excellent.
First of all, Filitio is a stunning house reef snorkeling! Already a few meters from the beach an amazing variety of the most exotic fish and corals of all colors and shapes. In short - snorkelling must do!
Considering that the Filitheyo Island Resort is firmly in the 4-star category, with reasonable prices to match, the reviews are quite good. Previous guests seem to come back year after year, and most of the complaints appear to be fairly minor, and the things you'd expect at a resort that is a notch below some of the 5-star places the Maldives are famous for. Some say that the water villas are a bit plain rather than luxurious, and that the service can be a bit slow. Considering this is a busy and popular hotel in an isolated location, those things are to be expected. With that said, there are those who feel the exact opposite, so it truly is based on personal preference. If you are looking for 5-star pampering then head elsewhere, but those looking for a solid and affordable overwater villa on a private island should do nicely here.
What Guests Love
- The only resort in Faafu Atoll, is 40-minutes away from Malé Airport
- Beautiful white-sand beaches
- Modern rooms with natural wood, outdoor bathrooms, and personal decks
- House reef snorkelling
- Large infinity pool with swim-up bar and beach access
- Natural garden grounds with palms, tropical plants, and sounds of animals
- Two big, open-air restaurants and two large, outdoor bars
- Dive and snorkel center, watersports, table games, and decent gym
- Quiet library and reading room and reflecting pond
- Large spa treatment bungalows with private gardens
Waht You Need to Know
- The resort is located in the unspoilt Faafu Atoll in tte Maldives;
- Check-in from 14:00; Check-out untill 12:00
- All children are welcome.
- Outdated tube TVs in some rooms
- Fee for weak Wi-Fi; only available in reception and some rooms
- Alcohol for minibars is on-request basis only
- Water pressure starts off very low in Water Villa showers
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More