Filitheyo Island Resort
Best Experience: House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
For many visitors Filitheyo Island Resort is one of the best hotels in the Maldives, and definitely a secret dream for everyone who loves diving and snorkeling.
Filitheyo Island Resort is located in Faafu Atoll, the undisputed winner among the most unspoiled atolls of the Maldives, abundant in vibrant marine life and healthy corals. Snow-white sandy beach with fringe of palm trees reflected in the turquoise lagoon, comfortable accommodation in the depths of dense vegetation and over the water, delicious food under bright stars, spa, excursions to uninhabited islands, a large choice of activities, and last but not least fascinating diving and snorkeling at house reef - here is an approximate picture of Filitheyo, a brilliant emerald in the crown of the Maldives.
There was very little intervention on the beach or in the lagoon, so nothing spoils the view on either side of the island. The beach is wide with a large lagoon and soft like talcum sand, and on the other side, the house reef is close to the beach. You can walk barefoot during your entire stay on the island, and there are wooden walkways through public areas, alternating with sandy floors and paths, criss-crossing the interior of the Filitheyo. The interior itself is magnificent: impressive strands of mature coconut palms, local vegetation and the opportunity to walk around the island.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- CROWN & CHAMPA Resorts: UP to 40% OFF. Book until Feb 28
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Heritance Aarah: book early till 28th Feb for Stay till 31st Oct - 40% OFF
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Faafu atoll is a magical world in the Maldives filled with absolute silence except for the fresh breath of a breeze and the delicate whisper of waves melting in corn sand. In more than a hundred kilometers from Male airport, Faafu atoll is one of the few places in the country where you will get a real taste of the authentic Maldives. Read More...
The resort has a large percentage of German guests, many of whom are divers, and then a mix of British, other Europeans and Asians. The hotel has facilities for children and is an excellent place for a family holiday.
Located in 35-40 minutes by seaplane from Male airport, Filitheyo offers an excellent value for money. If some resorts sometimes stop feeding their guests with the usual expectations from the Maldives, Filitheyo does just magic.
Filitheyo is a home to 125 villas built in Maldivian style with thatched roofs, all beautifully decorated with reasonable use of fragile tones and with light wood furniture located around the beach and on one side of the island's lagoon. 94 Superior villas and 15 deluxe villas have a picturesque semi-open bathroom and a wash basin in a private garden. The offer of the hotel is complemented by 16 water villas which, of course, have an appeal, but the proximity to them makes one say that it is most likely the luxury of HML! Nevertheless, the villas offer an intimate and relaxing setting, and all the necessary facilities and comfort.
Most Superior rooms look to the east, on a narrow beach. Deluxe rooms overlooking the sunset and the beach are better, although the lagoon is shallow, especially at low tide and may be a bit "coral." Both types of rooms have the same everyday comfort, lots of cotton and light wooden furniture. The deluxe rooms are a bit larger and have beautiful bathrooms. Water Villas have similar furniture, and there are also sofas in the open air. The deck is equipped with a Maldives swing, 2 sun loungers and steps down into the world of snorkeling. It would be even better if the guests were not open to their neighbors on both sides.
Accommodation is offered in 2 nominations:
- 94 Superior Beach Villas next to each other (their terraces have wooden partitions), each offering 95 sq.m. A cozy home away from home, and 15 -111 sq.m. detached Deluxe Beach villas with private terrace, if you are looking for more space and privacy;
- 16 water villas (146 sq.m.) Swim in the middle of the best part of the island (trio sunset + reef + lagoon - it's all there) and have a spacious bathroom with Jacuzzi, pearl bath, own veranda and large Maldivian swings;
Note: Water Villas can accommodate up to 2 people. If you travel with a child, you will be placed on the beach. All beach villas are designed for 3 guests (with an extra bed in each). If you travel with a some kids or a group of friends, you can ask for adjacent villas (only on request).
Food is another pivotal fun in Filitheyo. The dining is the best in this category of resorts, with a commitment to quality and presentation of dishes that is unrivaled and where the love and talent of the chefs is clearly manifested. The main restaurant for the first time is a little embarrassed by its size, but this is for the introduction. With meals in the main bar, and a la carte menu in the Sunset restaurant, in the villa, on the beach and even on the sandy shallows, half board or all inclusive is a good choice.
The resort has 2 restaurants and bars. An appetizing variety of quality dishes from all over the world is served in the main buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, where the food is always very tasty and varied (there are always fruits, sushi, fish, meat, salads ... you will like it! ), and the a la carte menu feast in the dining room next to the infinity pool in front of the lagoon and face to the wonderful sunset, crimson, sometimes turning into purple, then orange to golden. Try a chic private dinner with a lobster menu on the shore of the ocean to the sound of waves.
The lovely village bar has 2 hours of happy hour and there is a wide selection of cocktails and iced coffee, plus indoor game rooms (billiards, table football, table tennis) and outdoor tables that descend to the very edge of the water. There is also a large menu of snacks.
A coffee shop (which doubles as a bar) and a bar complete Filitheyo's dining scene. Guests mainly consist of Europeans who come to diving, Japanese on a honeymoon, followed by French, Russian and English. On the nights entertainment is rare, and after everyone at Sunset bar talked about their underwater exploits (the choice of liquor is quite decent), everyone goes to sleep.
DIVING & SNORKELLING
On the theme of "what to do", Filitheyo offers a traditional choice of daily activities, including spectacular diving, spa with highly professional staff, excursions (do not miss the magnificent uninhabited atoll islands and snorkel-safari with turtles, manta rays, and whale sharks) and water sports. A few words about the lagoon: due to the close location of the house reef, the lagoon has a narrow shape, and therefore not very suitable for swimming.
The difficulty of booking a room on the island at a certain time of the year shows that nothing needs to be radically changed. The only thing that surprises is a small spa, in comparison with what was before. Treatments and doctors are excellent.
First of all, Filitio is a stunning house reef snorkeling! Already a few meters from the beach an amazing variety of the most exotic fish and corals of all colors and shapes. In short - snorkelling must do!
Considering that the Filitheyo Island Resort is firmly in the 4-star category, with reasonable prices to match, the reviews are quite good. Previous guests seem to come back year after year, and most of the complaints appear to be fairly minor, and the things you'd expect at a resort that is a notch below some of the 5-star places the Maldives are famous for. Some say that the water villas are a bit plain rather than luxurious, and that the service can be a bit slow. Considering this is a busy and popular hotel in an isolated location, those things are to be expected. With that said, there are those who feel the exact opposite, so it truly is based on personal preference. If you are looking for 5-star pampering then head elsewhere, but those looking for a solid and affordable overwater villa on a private island should do nicely here.
What Guests Love
- The only resort in Faafu Atoll, is 40-minutes away from Malé Airport
- Beautiful white-sand beaches
- Modern rooms with natural wood, outdoor bathrooms, and personal decks
- House reef snorkelling
- Large infinity pool with swim-up bar and beach access
- Natural garden grounds with palms, tropical plants, and sounds of animals
- Two big, open-air restaurants and two large, outdoor bars
- Dive and snorkel center, watersports, table games, and decent gym
- Quiet library and reading room and reflecting pond
- Large spa treatment bungalows with private gardens
Waht You Need to Know
- The resort is located in the unspoilt Faafu Atoll in tte Maldives;
- Check-in from 14:00; Check-out untill 12:00
- All children are welcome.
- Outdated tube TVs in some rooms
- Fee for weak Wi-Fi; only available in reception and some rooms
- Alcohol for minibars is on-request basis only
- Water pressure starts off very low in Water Villa showers
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (21.02.21) in Maldives
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 26.02.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Lily Beach extend free PCR testing offer
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- The St Regis Maldives Resort wins prestigious Forbes Honour
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra’s Vacay at Seaside Finolhu
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Dhigali Family Escape: The Maldives Island for All Ages
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Easter Holidays at Emerald Maldives
- Stay Safe and Healthy at Mirihi Island Resort
- Sustainability is Key factor to Success at Ellaidhoo Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins Forbes Travel Guide best Instagram award
- What's Hot at Kandima's Dining Scene
- Cocoon Maldives wins Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- Mindful Breathing: Learning the Art at Milaidhoo Island Maldives
- Neelam & Samir’s Family Vacay at Lily Beach
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- 10 Experiences Every Traveler Should Have in the Maldives
- The Art of Yoga with Constance Hotels in the Maldives
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More