Experience the best house reef in the Maldives with Baros
Best Maldives Resorts for Snorkeling
20 October, 2022
Baros’ world-class reef is rich in tropical marine life, healthy corals, and impressive resident creatures: more than 20 identified sea turtles and peaceful reef sharks. Whoever is seeking an easy introduction to the underwater world, the 'Baros House Reef' offers attractive waters for any guest, from newbies snorkellers to advanced divers.
The Baros House Reef is the home reef of many divers looking to improve their skills and strengthen their relationship with the ocean. They can spot the small sunken boat, or a reef shark, as they patrol the shallow waters. The sunken speedboat sitting on the sandy bottom at 20 meters beneath the surface, is surrounded by active Jacks and curious Bat Fishes for guests to explore.
While it may seem like that is all there is to witness, an extraordinary world of wonders awaits to be observed if you dive a little deeper into your curiosity. Deep inside the Baros House Reef, Nurse Sharks and White Tip Reef Sharks repose on the sand and underneath the colourful coral blocks – away from the usual divers’ noise and bubbles. During the summertime, these blocks are hidden by clouds of Glass Fish, creating a protection screen and adding to the curiosity of what you can discover behind it as you wave your hands to set the crowd apart.
Uncover a relaxed Moray Eel during its beauty procedure performed by various shrimps. Observe a bit closer to see the one-of-a-kind Scorpion Fish, barely moving and camouflaged by the corals. The Red Bubble Anemone hosts one of the most emblematic fish of the underwater world, the Clown Fish. It stays still down at 24 meters depth, shining in a vibrant red that you cannot miss, making each encounter with them unique.
The abundance of food suspended in the water attracts schooling Fusiliers and Rainbow Runners, dancing and sinuously swinging in the blue for nourishment. The schools will submerge you in an infinite rain of fish, with spectacular coordination and the mystery of where they come from and where they are heading.
The great light and the infinite visibility during the winter add to the magnificence as all the creatures appear to live in a tropical aquarium-like environment. In this safe and perfect habitat where visitors can form an unbreakable connection with the ocean.
Baros’s coral restoration programs are an important commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of the house reef. Coral nurseries are established in the shallow depths of the lagoon, where the nutrients coming from the reef and the sunlight’s energy aid in the colonies’ successful growth. There is always a way to give a second chance to damaged corals, and the most impressive feature is that every one of us can contribute to the care of the reef.
The newly launched programmes under the theme of “Deep inside the Baros House Reef” are targeted to divers and snorkellers of all levels, carefully considering their requirements, safety and knowledge needs. Guests are invited to dive into the shallow reef and enter the water from a different angle to take a deeper, more silent path to advance themselves. While the programmes emphasise the Baros House Reef’s wonders and highlight its qualities, guests can also discover the reef at night, where the fluorescent lights and bioluminescence brighten up the evening. Guests will not need a boat, as it is only a few steps from the shore. Put your dive mask on, and set off to explore the wonders underwater, and when you return, share the brilliant adventures with us.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience for: Honeymoon, Beaches, Spa, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
Baros is a perfect romantic getaway located in the North Malé Atoll only a 25-minute by speedboat from Malé Airport. With a variety of villas to choose from, these very stylish settings make this the ideal island retreat for couples young and old. Located on a beautiful private island with a crystal clear coral lagoon, Baros is a 5 * star boutique hotel in the Maldives that will surpass all of your highest fantasies of the "dream island". Surrounded by clean, warm waters and snow-white sands, with groves of coconut palms and fragrant flowers, this cozy resort landscape is really worthy of fainting. The team is serene modern rooms (including water villas), fine dining, a fantastic spa, a swimming pool and water entertainment from a luxury yacht to diving and yoga.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More