Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Harmony with Nature
Maldives Scuba Diving Guide
05 June, 2022
Today the planet celebrates World Environment Day and the theme for 2022 is ‘Only One Earth’ with a focus on making greener and more sustainable choices to enable us to exist in harmony with nature.
As soon as you take a peek beneath the surface of the Indian Ocean, on the reefs of the Maldives you cannot help but feel privileged to see the abundance and variety of life, it’s a magical sight that stays embedded in the memory forever.
Divers and snorkellers are in the fortunate position to be able to glimpse life in the ocean and as such we have a responsibility to do no harm. Here at Prodivers we operate a ‘look but don’t touch’ policy and aim to make our underwater excursions sustainable and respectful of the coral reefs and creatures that reside there.
Apart from not touching the reef or marine life what else can be done to snorkel and dive in harmony with nature?
Lots! Before you even enter the water you can make green choices such as opting for reef-friendly sunscreen, ensuring your equipment is properly secured so as not to trail across the fragile reef.
Whilst in the water, always be mindful of not disturbing any of the creatures’ natural behaviour – don’t chase anything get too close – you may disrupt feeding, mating or even prevent them from evading a predator. Enter the water quietly and calmly, avoid excessive splashing and, for divers, practice excellent buoyancy skills.
There are courses such as PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy, PADI Fish ID and PADI Aware as well as excursions and specialty courses where you can find out more about the endangered sea turtles and sharks of the Maldives.
Joining one of these will have a positive impact of your future diving choices in terms of marine sustainability. Don’t forget to spread the word and let others know about the importance of diving and snorkelling in harmony with nature.
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Scuba Diving in the Maldives
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays available, which range from budget guesthouses to backpacker-friendly hotels – there are all accomodation available for under USD 50 a night! The Maldives is a fascinating country to travel to independently, not least because it’s only been possible to do so for the past decade.
Scuba diving in the Maldives means diving at one of the worlds best scuba diving destinations, because of the white sand beaches, coral reefs, clear warm waters, dive sites and a thriving and vibrant marine life. Explore excellent dive sites and a collection of underwater gardens. They're abundant with extensive coral reefs and magnificent fish life. It's common to see sharks, turtles, manta rays, whale sharks and a kaleidoscopic range of tropical sea creatures.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More