Hurawalhi Island Resort
Best Experience for: Underwater Restaurant, Adults Only, All Inclusive, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling, Activities
Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives - this is incomparable, extraordinary and absolutely original. Ecologically innovative, a new 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and politics just over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi Island Resort offers its own look at Paradise.
The so-called reinterpreted Maldives, a truly unique five-star tropical experience, located amidst beautiful coral reefs at Lhaviyani Atoll, opened at the end of 2016. The five-star Hurawalhi resort is accessible by a 40-minute scenic seaplane flight from the main airport, and offers 90 villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, for grown-ups who are seeking luxury and innovation. The villas are stylishly and beautifully conceived featuring soothing décor, sumptuous linens on king size beds, bleached wooden floors, and private terraces with panoramic views.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Stories - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 30 Sep for a stay until 20 Mar 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book for 3 nights and get 20% discount. Stay Period: from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Hurawalhi was designed by New York-based Japanese architect Yuji Yamazaki, and offers a modern, minimalist slant on conventional Maldivian design. Simple, stylish wicker chairs and an immense mobile composed of flying fish are all that decorate the sand-floored reception area; the jetty to the Aquarium restaurant is shaded by a canopy of solar panels (some 30 per cent of the resort’s energy needs are currently met by renewable energy, a figure that’s set to increase over time); an undulation of lights above the bar resemble waves rolling on the sea. Sparse though they are, design flourishes are tasteful and tempered.
Hurawalhi is the first resolutely five-star resort opened by Crown & Champa Resorts, hitherto known for its portfolio of four-star retreats. With many of its personnel drawn from the Maldivian company’s existing properties, standards aren’t yet at a level those accustomed to staying in five-star hotels will expect.
Facilities include a comprehensive range of watersports equipment, gym, tennis court, five-a-side football pitch and a reasonably priced spa (though therapists’ skill levels are variable). Guests without private pools may be disappointed by the crescent-shaped infinity pool by the bar. It’s unsuitable for laps, and so seems more for show than serious swimming.
Offering 90 villas that are divided into 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, Hurawalhi is a dormitory for adults who are looking for luxury and innovation. Luxury residences are stylishly and beautifully conceived, in calm colors, with luxurious bed linen on double beds, whitewashed wooden floors, and own terraces with a panoramic view of the ocean. DOWNLOAD MAP OF THE ISLAND
With a strong emphasis on the environment, Hurawalhi gives the Maldives exactly as much as it gets. Using solar panels, energy-saving solutions, recuperation of heat and production of desalinated water, + marine biologist, eco-certificates Hurawalhi are some of the best in the Maldives. In addition, Hurawalhi cooperates with WiseOceans, specialists in the protection and education of the marine environment. WiseOceans work in the same team as the professional instructors of the hotel's own 5 * dive center PADI to provide educational dives and diving on the beautiful nearby reefs, including impressive wreck-diving. The island is a nesting place for green sea turtles, and WiseOceans has the task of educating and educating visitors, as well as preserving the natural habitat for these beautiful and endangered creatures.
Famous for world class diving, Lhaviyani atoll is a charming collection of islands in the northern part of the Maldives, that offers the perfect mix of tranquility with excitement, comfort and adventure. The islands of Lhaviyani atoll are located about 130 kilometers north of Male airport by 40-minutes scenic seaplane transfer. Read More...
Just 40 minutes of scenic flight by seaplane from Velana international airport (Male), and here's for you a distinctive collection of beautifully designed, exclusive and extremely spacious villas across the sparkling sapphire of wonderful lagoon - ideally located, so that all guests can enjoy the views of sunrise or sunset against the background of the ocean. And with restaurants that are on the beach, on the water and even under water, the philosophy here is that nothing is impossible.
Villas and Suites
Choosing one of the 90 villas is simple: select beach or overwater, either with or without a pool – internally all are identical. Villas are small for a luxury Maldives resort. That said, they are comfortable if – with their uniform palette of brown and white, and few notable artworks – somewhat anodyne. Strange, too, that tubs are absent in the adequately sized bathrooms. Beach-facing pool villas would benefit from additional foliage to ensure couples frolicking in the water can do so privately.
The lavishly appointed Beach Villas are popular for the unbeatable lifestyle it offers – the island’s sparkling-white beach and the lagoon to which it fades away are steps away from your refined room. Making your stay an incredible experience are the peacefulness only possible at a location like the Maldives, clear views of the mesmerizing blues of the Indian Ocean, and paradise pure and simple that your Beach Villa surely defines.
The most guests love Hurawalhi’s Beach Sunset Pool Villas, which draw together all marvels of the Maldives that you desire: captivating views of the sunset, pure pleasures of having your private, ocean-facing infinity pool, and a beach leading to a translucent lagoon just steps away to round the perfection off. The resort's Beach Sunset Pool Villas will impress with its charm and the surreal setting; the joys of island life, which makes time seem to pass by more slowly, are yours to embrace – the sand, the sea and the sun come with compliments of Hurawalhi.
Romantic Ocean Villas ensure a space filled with privacy and tranquillity, where time slows down and couples truly connect. The Romantic Ocean Villa boasts a soaking tub on the deck, offering the perfect end to the day against a symphony of colour as the sunsets. Wonder at exquisite, undisturbed views of the Indian Ocean from the spacious sundeck and take delight in having the utmost luxury on stilts over the glittering lagoon all to yourselves. A heavenly hideaway, ideal for honeymooners, couples and all others who wish to live like royalty during their dream holiday in the Maldives.
The Ocean Pool Villas convey a picture-perfect scene: the spacious and sleek interior leads to a refined sundeck from which you can slip into the emerald lagoon, and let your mind wander during cherished moments spent in your very own infinity pool.
Restaurants and Bars
Hurawalhi’s chefs are serious about food. Whether it be dining at Canneli, Kashibo, J.F.K. or 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, in your villa or during beach dinner such as Chef’s Table or Candlelight Dinner, the goal is not only to create delicious dishes but an overall delightful experience that will remain in your memory long after you’ve taken your last bite and washed it down with a glass of wine from the resort’s wine cellar. An important element that the chefs, lead by Executive Chef Warren Moore, also put an emphasis on is handling special meal requests. Food items are clearly labelled for food intolerances and allergies at the buffet and all à la carte menus, however the resort's team are always available to advise you further should you require an additional clarification about gluten, dairy, nuts content or similar. Chicken and a few meat items are halal based. The talented chefs are always on hand to guide you through the buffet or prepare something individually for you.
The hotel's star attraction is the world's largest panoramic underwater restaurant, called '5.8 Undersea', which allows you to dive into gastronomic pleasures to a depth of 5.8 meters. Each dish combines the best ingredients with innovation and style, leading to a showcase of creative modern cuisine combined with an incredible location, wine list and exceptional service. Featuring only 8 tables, and surrounded by hypnotic views of the underwater world, a restaurant with a minimalist design is focused outward; and the prices for romance are high - each table is served only for two guests. The menu concept is a tasting extravaganza from several dishes, also available with wine, and comments by the sommelier. Check the menu: lunch | dinner
In 2019 Hurawalhi Maldives’ 5.8 Undersea Restaurant has introduced a vegan menu, bringing the global trend of vegan fine dining to the jewel in the resort’s crown.
This experience reflects on the the 5.8 Undersea Restaurant’s vegan menu. Chef Warren’s approach to the strictly vegan menu is coupled with both Asian fusion influence as well as fermentation process.
“All dishes for the vegan menu, available for lunch and dinner including all private dining occasions at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, consist of gaining as much flavour as possible naturally to really bring out the essence of the healthy and natural vegan cuisine,” Chef Warren explains.
One of the highlights of the new vegan menu is Smoked Miso Fermented Aubergine. The fermenting process lasts for five days and thereafter the produce is bathed in a sous vide bath for 90 minutes, capturing all of the smokiness through the aubergine to give off that barbecue grill taste. The dish is then dressed with potato and cauliflower mousse with hints of lemongrass, soiled in a turmeric, coriander and coconut broth with hints of mild Maldivian chili.
Another vegan highlight is the Sweet Pea Tartare – young sweet pea shelled and rested with fusion oil consisting of basil, rosemary and thyme with delicate hints of dried celery salt – quinoa with caramelised onion as the base with a trilogy of pea textures. The dish is sauced with delicate aromatic Asian flavours consisting of galangal, tomato, lime juice, passion, paprika and honey. Download menu lunch | dinner
Named after a house reef, located outdoors and above the water, the Aquarium Restaurant - these are stunning sea views during the day and the romantic flicker of candles at night. Dishes of modern cuisine are stuffed with carefully selected ingredients of organic and domestic origin. Teppanyaki grill, with an emphasis on fresh local seafood and meat of the highest quality with delicious sushi, sashimi and tempura, prepared by a personal, highly skilled michelin-starred chef.
The main restaurant of the resort, Canneli third option in Hurawalhi, with a generous variety of international dishes prepared to the highest standards. Kindle appetite best at the tables outside, with stunning views of the lagoon and sometimes, during breakfast, with the playfulness of dolphins on the horizon. A private dinner on the beach under the stars should impress your loved one, which will allow you to create an unforgettable, once in a lifetime romantic atmosphere, enjoying a banquet of brand lobster and beef wagyu cooked talented chef.
In 2018, Hurawalhi Maldives has opened a new overwater Kashibo Restaurant and Bar. The contemporary Kashibo Restaurant (kashibo is Dhivehi for sea urchin) hits the spot with a picture-perfect setting and a divine dining menu in equal measure. Executive Chef Warren Moore has created a sweeping menu of traditional delicacies with a light contemporary twist that all lovers of Asian street food will undoubtedly enjoy. At Kashibo, guests can pamper their palate with everything they love about Chinese, Thai, Indonesian and Vietnamese cuisine, amongst others, and revel in a range of seafood staples and vegetarian dishes. From zesty Vietnamese Vegetable Tacos and Balinese Buffalo Wings to Thai Lobster Tail and Chai Masala Gateau, not to forget the ever-popular Teppanyaki, lunch and dinner at Kashibo deliver a taste of Asia at its best.
The intimately lit Coco bar is right on the beach, with an open deck overlooking the shimmering pool and lagoon. From the entertainment program to a full menu of drinks, wines, creative cocktails, savory snacks and hookahs - it's all about Coco. As the night approaches, the bar becomes a hot spot on the island with the best sound tracks from a professional DJ and romantic evening lighting.
J.F.K. (short for Junk Food Kitchen) is the new eatery, located inside Coco Bar, is a continuation of Hurawalhi’s unrelenting ambition to spoil guests with an ever-evolving, endlessly innovative and wildly create culinary scene, worth returning to the island on and of itself. Not all junk food is created equal, and what two great minds, General Manager Brad Calder and Executive Chef Warren Moore, have devised this time is already proving to be a real hit – J.F.K. serves all your favourite holiday diet staples with Hurawalhi’s known and loved unique spin.
There is no shortage of marine life, desolate sandbanks and turquoise lagoons vying for your attention – they’re all a stone’s throw away from the island – so all you need to do is pick your favourites, add them to your itinerary through the Hurawalhi App and show up when the time comes to have a day to remember!
For sports lovers: For fans of outdoor activities there are tennis, badminton and beach volleyball, as well as a fully equipped fishing boat for deep-sea fishing. On offer is a fantastic snorkeling on the house reef, including a night fluorescent diving, and a snorkelling excursion with a marine biologist, marine science workshop and of course a full PADI certification course in the educational 5 * dive center. MORE ABOUT DIVING
Manta rays are one of the world’s most charismatic creatures, and swimming with them certainly tops Hurawalhi guests’ bucket lists. Throughout the manta season the team at Hurawalhi run regular trips out to see these incredible gentle giants. Most of these sightings happen at the nearby sandbank, where the sheltered lagoon is the perfect area for mantas to feed, with large quantities of plankton getting concentrated in the bay.
Water skiing and paragliding, jet skiing, sup, wakeboarding, canoeing, windsurfing, kayaking and catamarans are an indicative list of other reasons to leave a cozy villa or a comfortable beachfront chaise lounge. Lovers will find in Hurawalhi a lot of romantic excursions, each of the tours guarantees an unforgettable experience.
A sanctuary of bliss in Hurawalhi, Duniye Spa brings guests closer to nature. With views of the turquoise lagoon, Duniye means "Universe" and the name integrally reflects the philosophy of the spa: a universal approach to health, through healing procedures based on ancient and modern knowledge from around the world. The strong influence of the healthy lifestyle of the peoples of Asia and Africa can be seen in the spa's repertoire, including the use of local healing ingredients and procedures based on traditional culture. With a holistic and individual approach, simplicity, purity and quality, the spa uses only high-quality organic spa products from Healing Earth - all medical cosmetics contain no chemicals, synthetic dyes, cocamide DEA, preservatives and parabens.
In 2018, Hurawalhi Maldives has introduced a powerful new wellness experience, combining wave meditation, sound baths and undersea yoga.
Indeed, there are countless reasons to visit the Maldives: dazzling white sand, a sea with all the shades of blue, a stunning underwater world and incredible sunsets. The opening of the new Hurawalhi ensures that this place will remain the most popular in the coming years.
With outstanding reviews, this resort seems like a no brainier for those who would like to spend less than US$1,000 per night. Being an adults only resort seems to help as well, giving guests even more privacy and quiet compared to other resorts in the area. So far, all aspects and amenities seem to earn high praise, including the resort's dining options and overwater rooms.
Why stay here? What Guests Like
- Clean and beautiful island.
- Excellent location
- There are no kids on the island - this is a big plus
- Magnificent large overwater villa with stunning views of the lagoon
- Friendly and helpful service from check-in to check-out
- Superb house reef. A lot of fish, including sharks, rays and turtles
- Excellent, high-quality and delicious food, good choice of restaurants
- Fantastic '5.8 Undersea' restaurant
- Especially liked the main pool, which is very beautiful both in the afternoon and evening time.
- Live music on Saturday night - it's great!
- Amazing Spa-center and a fitness center with modern cardio equipment
- Wonderful diving
- Free wifi
What You Need to Know
- Save up to 30% at Hurawalhi for 2021 Stays with Special Offer
- Download the resort's Health & Safety Guidelines
- Guests visiting Hurawalhi Maldives can now check in online with the Hurawalhi App before they arrive.
- Hurawalhi Island Resort is located in Lhaviyani Atoll, and is 40 minutes by seaplane transfer from Valana Int. Airport.
- Check-in from 14:00, Check-out from 6am - 12:00
- 60% of the island's territory operates on sustainable solar energy with most of the villas powered by solar panels.
- there is no public beach on the island
- The best diving in the Maldives in the neighboring Manta Rays, as well as many sharks, nurse shark, hammerhead shark, and others world-class dive sites
- The resort is only "for Adults only " with teenagers from 15 years old
- Exclusive Dream Island Picnic, Sunset Fishing and Dolphin Cruise are three exursions must GO
- Top 3 Romantic Dining Experiences at Hurawalhi are Must Do : Dream Island Dinner; Candlelight Dinner; Private dining at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant
- HONEYMOON BENEFITS:
15 minutes massage for couple.
Complementary sparkling wine, fruit platter and flower decoration once per stay on arrival.
- The Duniye Spa uses only organic, non-preservative and chemical additives
- snorkeling equipment for an extra charge
- Wifi is more than good. You can watch the movies.
- ALL INCLUSIVE:
One Sun set Dolphin cruise per stay, ½ hour group snorkeling lesson & windsurf per stay.
Half a bottle champagne per stay. Free use of fitness center, tennis court, beach volleyball, badminton courts, table tennis, billiards, and football ground. Free use of Kayak and windsurf (experienced windsurfers only). Free yoga session. Dine around option of 3 course lunch and 3 course dinner at Kashiboa restaurant.
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists is prohibited.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More