Hurawalhi Island Resort
Best Experience: Underwater Restaurant, Adults Only, All Inclusive, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling, Activities
Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives - this is incomparable, extraordinary and absolutely original. Ecologically innovative, a new 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and politics just over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi Island Resort offers its own look at Paradise.
The so-called reinterpreted Maldives, a truly unique five-star tropical experience, located amidst beautiful coral reefs at Lhaviyani Atoll, opened at the end of 2016. The five-star Hurawalhi resort is accessible by a 40-minute scenic seaplane flight from the main airport, and offers 90 villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, for grown-ups who are seeking luxury and innovation. The villas are stylishly and beautifully conceived featuring soothing décor, sumptuous linens on king size beds, bleached wooden floors, and private terraces with panoramic views.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Hurawalhi was designed by New York-based Japanese architect Yuji Yamazaki, and offers a modern, minimalist slant on conventional Maldivian design. Simple, stylish wicker chairs and an immense mobile composed of flying fish are all that decorate the sand-floored reception area; the jetty to the Aquarium restaurant is shaded by a canopy of solar panels (some 30 per cent of the resort’s energy needs are currently met by renewable energy, a figure that’s set to increase over time); an undulation of lights above the bar resemble waves rolling on the sea. Sparse though they are, design flourishes are tasteful and tempered.
Hurawalhi is the first resolutely five-star resort opened by Crown & Champa Resorts, hitherto known for its portfolio of four-star retreats. With many of its personnel drawn from the Maldivian company’s existing properties, standards aren’t yet at a level those accustomed to staying in five-star hotels will expect.
Facilities include a comprehensive range of watersports equipment, gym, tennis court, five-a-side football pitch and a reasonably priced spa (though therapists’ skill levels are variable). Guests without private pools may be disappointed by the crescent-shaped infinity pool by the bar. It’s unsuitable for laps, and so seems more for show than serious swimming.
Offering 90 villas that are divided into 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, Hurawalhi is a dormitory for adults who are looking for luxury and innovation. Luxury residences are stylishly and beautifully conceived, in calm colors, with luxurious bed linen on double beds, whitewashed wooden floors, and own terraces with a panoramic view of the ocean. DOWNLOAD MAP OF THE ISLAND
With a strong emphasis on the environment, Hurawalhi gives the Maldives exactly as much as it gets. Using solar panels, energy-saving solutions, recuperation of heat and production of desalinated water, + marine biologist, eco-certificates Hurawalhi are some of the best in the Maldives. In addition, Hurawalhi cooperates with WiseOceans, specialists in the protection and education of the marine environment. WiseOceans work in the same team as the professional instructors of the hotel's own 5 * dive center PADI to provide educational dives and diving on the beautiful nearby reefs, including impressive wreck-diving. The island is a nesting place for green sea turtles, and WiseOceans has the task of educating and educating visitors, as well as preserving the natural habitat for these beautiful and endangered creatures.
Famous for world class diving, Lhaviyani atoll is a charming collection of islands in the northern part of the Maldives, that offers the perfect mix of tranquility with excitement, comfort and adventure. The islands of Lhaviyani atoll are located about 130 kilometers north of Male airport by 40-minutes scenic seaplane transfer. Read More...
Just 40 minutes of scenic flight by seaplane from Velana international airport (Male), and here's for you a distinctive collection of beautifully designed, exclusive and extremely spacious villas across the sparkling sapphire of wonderful lagoon - ideally located, so that all guests can enjoy the views of sunrise or sunset against the background of the ocean. And with restaurants that are on the beach, on the water and even under water, the philosophy here is that nothing is impossible.
Villas and Suites
Choosing one of the 90 villas is simple: select beach or overwater, either with or without a pool – internally all are identical. Villas are small for a luxury Maldives resort. That said, they are comfortable if – with their uniform palette of brown and white, and few notable artworks – somewhat anodyne. Strange, too, that tubs are absent in the adequately sized bathrooms. Beach-facing pool villas would benefit from additional foliage to ensure couples frolicking in the water can do so privately.
The lavishly appointed Beach Villas are popular for the unbeatable lifestyle it offers – the island’s sparkling-white beach and the lagoon to which it fades away are steps away from your refined room. Making your stay an incredible experience are the peacefulness only possible at a location like the Maldives, clear views of the mesmerizing blues of the Indian Ocean, and paradise pure and simple that your Beach Villa surely defines.
The most guests love Hurawalhi’s Beach Sunset Pool Villas, which draw together all marvels of the Maldives that you desire: captivating views of the sunset, pure pleasures of having your private, ocean-facing infinity pool, and a beach leading to a translucent lagoon just steps away to round the perfection off. The resort's Beach Sunset Pool Villas will impress with its charm and the surreal setting; the joys of island life, which makes time seem to pass by more slowly, are yours to embrace – the sand, the sea and the sun come with compliments of Hurawalhi.
Romantic Ocean Villas ensure a space filled with privacy and tranquillity, where time slows down and couples truly connect. The Romantic Ocean Villa boasts a soaking tub on the deck, offering the perfect end to the day against a symphony of colour as the sunsets. Wonder at exquisite, undisturbed views of the Indian Ocean from the spacious sundeck and take delight in having the utmost luxury on stilts over the glittering lagoon all to yourselves. A heavenly hideaway, ideal for honeymooners, couples and all others who wish to live like royalty during their dream holiday in the Maldives.
The Ocean Pool Villas convey a picture-perfect scene: the spacious and sleek interior leads to a refined sundeck from which you can slip into the emerald lagoon, and let your mind wander during cherished moments spent in your very own infinity pool.
Restaurants and Bars
Hurawalhi’s chefs are serious about food. Whether it be dining at Canneli, Kashibo, J.F.K. or 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, in your villa or during beach dinner such as Chef’s Table or Candlelight Dinner, the goal is not only to create delicious dishes but an overall delightful experience that will remain in your memory long after you’ve taken your last bite and washed it down with a glass of wine from the resort’s wine cellar. An important element that the chefs, lead by Executive Chef Warren Moore, also put an emphasis on is handling special meal requests. Food items are clearly labelled for food intolerances and allergies at the buffet and all à la carte menus, however the resort's team are always available to advise you further should you require an additional clarification about gluten, dairy, nuts content or similar. Chicken and a few meat items are halal based. The talented chefs are always on hand to guide you through the buffet or prepare something individually for you.
The hotel's star attraction is the world's largest panoramic underwater restaurant, called '5.8 Undersea', which allows you to dive into gastronomic pleasures to a depth of 5.8 meters. Each dish combines the best ingredients with innovation and style, leading to a showcase of creative modern cuisine combined with an incredible location, wine list and exceptional service. Featuring only 8 tables, and surrounded by hypnotic views of the underwater world, a restaurant with a minimalist design is focused outward; and the prices for romance are high - each table is served only for two guests. The menu concept is a tasting extravaganza from several dishes, also available with wine, and comments by the sommelier. Check the menu: lunch | dinner
In 2019 Hurawalhi Maldives’ 5.8 Undersea Restaurant has introduced a vegan menu, bringing the global trend of vegan fine dining to the jewel in the resort’s crown.
This experience reflects on the the 5.8 Undersea Restaurant’s vegan menu. Chef Warren’s approach to the strictly vegan menu is coupled with both Asian fusion influence as well as fermentation process.
“All dishes for the vegan menu, available for lunch and dinner including all private dining occasions at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, consist of gaining as much flavour as possible naturally to really bring out the essence of the healthy and natural vegan cuisine,” Chef Warren explains.
One of the highlights of the new vegan menu is Smoked Miso Fermented Aubergine. The fermenting process lasts for five days and thereafter the produce is bathed in a sous vide bath for 90 minutes, capturing all of the smokiness through the aubergine to give off that barbecue grill taste. The dish is then dressed with potato and cauliflower mousse with hints of lemongrass, soiled in a turmeric, coriander and coconut broth with hints of mild Maldivian chili.
Another vegan highlight is the Sweet Pea Tartare – young sweet pea shelled and rested with fusion oil consisting of basil, rosemary and thyme with delicate hints of dried celery salt – quinoa with caramelised onion as the base with a trilogy of pea textures. The dish is sauced with delicate aromatic Asian flavours consisting of galangal, tomato, lime juice, passion, paprika and honey. Download menu lunch | dinner
Named after a house reef, located outdoors and above the water, the Aquarium Restaurant - these are stunning sea views during the day and the romantic flicker of candles at night. Dishes of modern cuisine are stuffed with carefully selected ingredients of organic and domestic origin. Teppanyaki grill, with an emphasis on fresh local seafood and meat of the highest quality with delicious sushi, sashimi and tempura, prepared by a personal, highly skilled michelin-starred chef.
The main restaurant of the resort, Canneli third option in Hurawalhi, with a generous variety of international dishes prepared to the highest standards. Kindle appetite best at the tables outside, with stunning views of the lagoon and sometimes, during breakfast, with the playfulness of dolphins on the horizon. A private dinner on the beach under the stars should impress your loved one, which will allow you to create an unforgettable, once in a lifetime romantic atmosphere, enjoying a banquet of brand lobster and beef wagyu cooked talented chef.
In 2018, Hurawalhi Maldives has opened a new overwater Kashibo Restaurant and Bar. The contemporary Kashibo Restaurant (kashibo is Dhivehi for sea urchin) hits the spot with a picture-perfect setting and a divine dining menu in equal measure. Executive Chef Warren Moore has created a sweeping menu of traditional delicacies with a light contemporary twist that all lovers of Asian street food will undoubtedly enjoy. At Kashibo, guests can pamper their palate with everything they love about Chinese, Thai, Indonesian and Vietnamese cuisine, amongst others, and revel in a range of seafood staples and vegetarian dishes. From zesty Vietnamese Vegetable Tacos and Balinese Buffalo Wings to Thai Lobster Tail and Chai Masala Gateau, not to forget the ever-popular Teppanyaki, lunch and dinner at Kashibo deliver a taste of Asia at its best.
The intimately lit Coco bar is right on the beach, with an open deck overlooking the shimmering pool and lagoon. From the entertainment program to a full menu of drinks, wines, creative cocktails, savory snacks and hookahs - it's all about Coco. As the night approaches, the bar becomes a hot spot on the island with the best sound tracks from a professional DJ and romantic evening lighting.
J.F.K. (short for Junk Food Kitchen) is the new eatery, located inside Coco Bar, is a continuation of Hurawalhi’s unrelenting ambition to spoil guests with an ever-evolving, endlessly innovative and wildly create culinary scene, worth returning to the island on and of itself. Not all junk food is created equal, and what two great minds, General Manager Brad Calder and Executive Chef Warren Moore, have devised this time is already proving to be a real hit – J.F.K. serves all your favourite holiday diet staples with Hurawalhi’s known and loved unique spin.
There is no shortage of marine life, desolate sandbanks and turquoise lagoons vying for your attention – they’re all a stone’s throw away from the island – so all you need to do is pick your favourites, add them to your itinerary through the Hurawalhi App and show up when the time comes to have a day to remember!
For sports lovers: For fans of outdoor activities there are tennis, badminton and beach volleyball, as well as a fully equipped fishing boat for deep-sea fishing. On offer is a fantastic snorkeling on the house reef, including a night fluorescent diving, and a snorkelling excursion with a marine biologist, marine science workshop and of course a full PADI certification course in the educational 5 * dive center. MORE ABOUT DIVING
Manta rays are one of the world’s most charismatic creatures, and swimming with them certainly tops Hurawalhi guests’ bucket lists. Throughout the manta season the team at Hurawalhi run regular trips out to see these incredible gentle giants. Most of these sightings happen at the nearby sandbank, where the sheltered lagoon is the perfect area for mantas to feed, with large quantities of plankton getting concentrated in the bay.
Water skiing and paragliding, jet skiing, sup, wakeboarding, canoeing, windsurfing, kayaking and catamarans are an indicative list of other reasons to leave a cozy villa or a comfortable beachfront chaise lounge. Lovers will find in Hurawalhi a lot of romantic excursions, each of the tours guarantees an unforgettable experience.
A sanctuary of bliss in Hurawalhi, Duniye Spa brings guests closer to nature. With views of the turquoise lagoon, Duniye means "Universe" and the name integrally reflects the philosophy of the spa: a universal approach to health, through healing procedures based on ancient and modern knowledge from around the world. The strong influence of the healthy lifestyle of the peoples of Asia and Africa can be seen in the spa's repertoire, including the use of local healing ingredients and procedures based on traditional culture. With a holistic and individual approach, simplicity, purity and quality, the spa uses only high-quality organic spa products from Healing Earth - all medical cosmetics contain no chemicals, synthetic dyes, cocamide DEA, preservatives and parabens.
In 2018, Hurawalhi Maldives has introduced a powerful new wellness experience, combining wave meditation, sound baths and undersea yoga.
Indeed, there are countless reasons to visit the Maldives: dazzling white sand, a sea with all the shades of blue, a stunning underwater world and incredible sunsets. The opening of the new Hurawalhi ensures that this place will remain the most popular in the coming years.
With outstanding reviews, this resort seems like a no brainier for those who would like to spend less than US$1,000 per night. Being an adults only resort seems to help as well, giving guests even more privacy and quiet compared to other resorts in the area. So far, all aspects and amenities seem to earn high praise, including the resort's dining options and overwater rooms.
Why stay here? What Guests Like
- Clean and beautiful island.
- Excellent location
- There are no kids on the island - this is a big plus
- Magnificent large overwater villa with stunning views of the lagoon
- Friendly and helpful service from check-in to check-out
- Superb house reef. A lot of fish, including sharks, rays and turtles
- Excellent, high-quality and delicious food, good choice of restaurants
- Fantastic '5.8 Undersea' restaurant
- Especially liked the main pool, which is very beautiful both in the afternoon and evening time.
- Live music on Saturday night - it's great!
- Amazing Spa-center and a fitness center with modern cardio equipment
- Wonderful diving
- Free wifi
What You Need to Know
- Download the resort's Health & Safety Guidelines
- Guests visiting Hurawalhi Maldives can now check in online with the Hurawalhi App before they arrive.
- Hurawalhi Island Resort is located in Lhaviyani Atoll, and is 40 minutes by seaplane transfer from Valana Int. Airport.
- Check-in from 14:00, Check-out from 6am - 12:00
- 60% of the island's territory operates on sustainable solar energy with most of the villas powered by solar panels.
- there is no public beach on the island
- The best diving in the Maldives in the neighboring Manta Rays, as well as many sharks, nurse shark, hammerhead shark, and others world-class dive sites
- The resort is only "for Adults only " with teenagers from 15 years old
- Exclusive Dream Island Picnic, Sunset Fishing and Dolphin Cruise are three exursions must GO
- Top 3 Romantic Dining Experiences at Hurawalhi are Must Do : Dream Island Dinner; Candlelight Dinner; Private dining at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant
- HONEYMOON BENEFITS:
15 minutes massage for couple.
Complementary sparkling wine, fruit platter and flower decoration once per stay on arrival.
- The Duniye Spa uses only organic, non-preservative and chemical additives
- snorkeling equipment for an extra charge
- Wifi is more than good. You can watch the movies.
- ALL INCLUSIVE:
One Sun set Dolphin cruise per stay, ½ hour group snorkeling lesson & windsurf per stay.
Half a bottle champagne per stay. Free use of fitness center, tennis court, beach volleyball, badminton courts, table tennis, billiards, and football ground. Free use of Kayak and windsurf (experienced windsurfers only). Free yoga session. Dine around option of 3 course lunch and 3 course dinner at Kashiboa restaurant.
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists is prohibited.
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More