Sun Siyam Iru Veli hosts Michelin-Starred Chef Residency Series
Maldives Restaurants & Dining
28 April, 2022
Celebrity chefs Christophe Chiavola and Hemant Oberoi are next up to headline the prestigious residency series at Sun Siyam Iru Veli, where they will each host intimate uber-exclusive dinners, bringing the best of fine dining experiences to the shores of Maldives.
Chef Christophe Chiavola is a Michelin-starred chef, whose coveted dishes are multi-sensory experiences that feature a wonderful interplay between visual playfulness, aroma, and taste. His cuisine has been described as graphic and colourful, yet graceful and feminine, where individual flavours shine clear and bright before harmonising together on your palate.
‘It is cuisine without artifice; a mixture of flavours, simplicity, discovery, love and elegance, all washed down with passion and care,’ he declares, naming seafood his favourite for its unequalled subtlety of taste, and purity of wild catches.
In the past, he has starred as chef at Michelin-starred restaurant, Les Bories in Gordes, and has been conducting Les Terrasses de l'Image in Saint Rémy de Provence for the last 13 years. He was also a finalist of the Le Meilleur Brigade de France, going on to star as Executive Chef for the restaurants at Hameau des Baux, including the Michelin-starred restaurant, Cicada.
Christophe Chiavola is currently based at Château de Massilan, where he was awarded his first Michelin star.
Few names are as prestigious in culinary circles as Chef Hemant Oberoi’s, a chef who can truly lay claim to singlehandedly revolutionizing, popularizing, and reinventing modern Indian cuisine, catapulting it to the forefront of world cuisine.
Hemant Oberoi first joined the Taj Hotel in Mumbai as a trainee chef, retiring 42 years later as ‘Grand Executive Chef’ of Taj Hotels, a designation specifically created for him.
By the time he left, he had directed food & beverage for all of their 27 luxury properties for the past 20 years, conceptualizing and popularizing many award-winning restaurant brands of Taj, including Zodiac Grill, Sidewok, Souk, Wasabi, and Varq, and inventing dishes like Tamarind sorbet, an Avocado quinoa chaat, Peruvian sushi, Masala tea crème brûlée, and Gulab jamun tiramisu, to name a few.
Chef Hemant Oberoi has hosted exclusive dining experiences for some of the world’s most powerful personalities, ranging from the effluent Ambani’s, movie-industry notables such as Amitabh Bahchan, Rani Mukerjee, Rishi Kapoor, Brad Pitt, and Naomi Campbell, to prominent political figures and monarchs of note such as, President Barrack Obama, PM Margaret Thatcher, Henry Kissinger, Bill Clinton, Prince Charles, Tony Blair, the Duke of Edinburgh, King Hussein of Jordan, Prince Albert of Monaco, and many others.
Need, we say more? Join us at Sun Siyam Iru Veli to experience the most innovative, and most exclusive of international gastronomic events. From 16th to 19th May, Chef Christophe Chiavola and from 6th to the 9th June, we have Chef Hemant Oberoi cooking up some excitement at Iru Veli’s signature restaurant Roma.
Follow @sunsiyamiruveli for more updates about their Michelin star-studded culinary adventures!Check Availability and Prices
About Resort: Sun Siyam Iru Veli is a newest premium All Inclusive escape located in South Nilandhe Atoll Maldives. Perfect for honeymooners and family holidays and true to the Sun Aqua brand, this 5* star resort is laid-back and stylish with a playful vibe. In addition to 125 grand overwater and land based suites with private pools and direct ocean views, guests here will find a rather long list of amenities throughout the entire resort. These amenities range from a lovely spa, multiple dining options, including an over the water restaurant, many different ocean activities and a reef just off shore that's perfect for guests seeking an afternoon snorkeling adventure.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Sun Siyam Resorts in The Maldives
One of the most forward-thinking and dynamic hospitality companies Sun Siyam Resorts has a portfolio of five boutique luxury resorts operating in the Maldives and Sri Lanka, including The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives, Olhuveli Beach & Spa Maldives, Sun Aqua Vilu Reef Maldives, Sun Aqua Iru Veli Maldives, and Sun Aqua Pasikudah in Sri Lanka.
The resort group is on a major expansion drive, with several new resorts opening in the Maldives and Sri Lanka. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More