Top 10 Best Maafushi Restaurants
Best Places to Eat in Maafushi
The capital of the Maldives budget holiday, Maafushi is a beautiful island with white beaches and turquoise waters in 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Last years saw an unprecedented growth in accommodation options, and with the coming of econom hotels and guest houses, the island starts to flood cafes and restaurants that could cheap satisfy all tastes and preferences.
Surprisingly, there are many good places where you can eat deliciously on Maafushi island, both famous and novice, and with a lack of prestige and class of some of the more famous in other places, they all offer reasonable prices and great cuisine, and food at fresh air is the norm. Like most international tourist centers, Maafushi has ample opportunities and even a unique choice of food options, and wandering around slightly you will find that the main tables are scattered along the beaches. Expect to find here just about everything from basic snacks, fish and seafood to beachside restaurants to fine dining venues with chrome cutlery in dining rooms with air conditioning.
The list of the Top 10 best restaurants in Maafushi perfectly reflects this state of affairs and features a wide ranging selection of the most ranking places located on this paradise island.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
The second, not only one of the best places to refuel your forces daily before and after diving, snorkeling or excursions, but also to stay on Maafushi. Ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the buffet restaurant at Arena Beach Hotel will not let you starve to death on this beautiful island. Overlooking the ocean, located on the beach with 'foot in the sand', the restaurant serves a wide variety of dishes from international fare to local buffet and a la carte options. You will find a unique dining room, mixed with the natural charm of the Maldives. Especially popular is the buffet dinner (Arena BBQ dinner buffet). Evening service is very romantic, tables are set right on the beach and candles are lit. Having paid 12 dollars for a mouth at you there will be a rich and qualitative choice to put on a tooth. Steak tuna, grilled chicken, soups, pastas, pizzas, salads, fresh bread, sausages, seafood, tropical fruits, and the chef is always at hand to make an omelette according to your taste. For dessert, we recommend a delicious biscuit pudding which simply melts in the mouth. Wash food by chilled fresh juices, non-alcoholic cocktails, and also from drinks there is a fragrant coffee and tea. Depending on the night, delicious food is supplemented by live music or DJ from 18:30 to 22:00. The service is just excellent!
Opening hours: 07:00 - late, daily
place: Arena Beach Hotel
cuisine: International, Italian, Seafood
Kaani Hotel Maafushi is a great place to discover the authentic Maldives and the restaurant also should not disappoint your tastes here. Reasonable prices and friendly and professional service, and of course delicious food. With a free breakfast alone, you can try and appreciate the cuisine of Sri Lanka, India, and Maldives, as well as try the popular international offerings. There are soups, salads, sandwiches, noodles, seafood and grills, a few vegetarian dishes - all on a buffet or a la carte menu. As for setting, the restaurant is open-air on the sand among the palms. Delicious and slightly spicy food is complemented by beautiful sea views and fresh breezes. The buffet is an excellent value for money, priced at $ 12. If you order by menu, the average bill is about 15-20 dollars. Every day there is a pasta, one or two meat dishes, several salads, dessert, fried fish and sausages. On dessert there is a panna cotta, chocolate mousse and fresh fruit. Recommended restaurant Kaani Beach - it's a good choice at any time of the day!
Opening hours: from morning till night
place: Kaani Beach Hotel
cuisine: international, seafood, Asian, suitable for vegetarians
Maldives is also glorious, with turquoise waters and white beaches ideal for a romantic honeymooners. The only bakery on Maafushi Island, Fine Bake by Suzy is the place you should not miss if you sweet tooth. Fresh pastries and desserts daily, including bread, pizza, biscuits, vanilla rolls, muffins with chocolate, bananas, as well as cakes donuts and brownies, among others. The place is very popular among families. Children are very fond of hot dog, and their parents like a chicken pie. The bakery gets very good reviews and prices are very low - from 15 to 35 rubles (about 1-2 dollars). Special praise for carrot cake and brownie. Incredibly friendly hosts. Many visitors to Maafushi have made it a habit to try the small tidbits of this bakery for afternoon tea. We recommend you try pineapple cake, you'll lick your fingers!
Opening hours: 08:00 - 21:00
place: Bahaare Hingun (in the center of Maafushi, to the left of the school)
cuisine: bakery, pastries, European, vegetarian, desserts
tel : +960 969-2377
Regardless of whether you are drooling from international, traditional Maldivian dishes or haute cuisine, the chef at Stingray Beach Inn has created an ideal menu that will delight every taste. Housed under thatched roof, with comfortable upholstered furniture and large tables, the Stingray Beach Inn offers a rich palette of culinary adventures in the Maldives, from sumptuous buffet offerings to authentic Asian dishes and exquisite continental dishes. There is a music terrace, ideal for cocktail at sunset, hookah and hot snacks on the roof. It's very delicious, fast, generous portions and everything fresh. The staff is wonderful. Free wifi and affordable prices for food and drinks.
Opening hours: open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
place: Stingray Beach Inn, Ziyaarai Magu, Maafushi Island, Maldives
cuisine: seafood, Asian, vegetarian
phone: + 960-778-1068
Meaning in Divehi "let's eat", Kaalama restaurant is located in Velana Beach Maldives and this is one of the favorite restaurants in Maafushi, that has already earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the most exceptional island's dining places; Both in terms of service, and most importantly, the quality of the food. The menu is made for all tastes with a wide choice of carefully prepared local delicacies, as well as exquisite cuisine from around the world. The coffee bar in Velana is an ideal place to start on a new day with a cup of fragrant coffee on the outdoor terrace with a breathtaking view of the ocean. You can even enjoy light snacks in the evening with a selection of refreshing drinks. Be sure to try their seafood, including tiger shrimps on the grill, octopus, crab and fish cooked on the grill. You will like not only the flavors, but also an elegant presentation of dishes and huge portions. If you have room take the chocolate fondue ($ 10), which is a sinful chocolate cake sprinkled with sugar glaze and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Opening hours: 07:00 - 22:30
Location: Velana Beach Hotel, Maafushi, Maldives
cuisine: Seafood, Asian, International, Italian
phone: +960 955-6808
Located in close proximity to the bikini beach, Hot Bites is a small beach restaurant ideal for a snack between swimming, diving lessons and snorkeling on Maafushi island. Delicious and cheap food but nothing special, service may seem a little slow, but where can one hurry on a beautiful tropical island in the Indian Ocean. The menu features pizza with crispy crust, club sandwiches, burgers, hamburgers, french fries, ice cream, juices, coffee and fruit cervices. The price of pizza is 100 ruffles, burgers and sandwiches offer through 65 ruffles.
Opening hours: 08:00 - 21:00
place: near bikini beach, Maafushi, Maldives
cuisine: fast food
Do not waste your time looking for a good restaurant in Maafushi. Symphony Lagoon in Crystal Sands is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Quality and delicious food is served either outside on the soft sands or in a modern style dining room where a hearty breakfast is served every morning. The menu is stuffed with Western, Chinese and local dishes including seafood and haute cuisine. The restaurant is owned and operated by Symphony Group holding the oldest and most outstanding restaurant in the Maldives, where guests can be pampered by the exquisite tastes that a professional chef has mastered. No wonder many guests from other hotels in Maafushi eat here. You will like a variety of dishes (soup, pasta, baked potatoes, rice, meat, chicken, octopus, cabbage, three kinds of salads, desserts, grilled fish, free water), and their range varies on different days. Service, atmosphere and musical background deserve only praise. Prices are slightly higher than those of competitors, but the quality is worth it. Free wifi.
Opening hours: open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
location: Crystal Sands Hotel, Maafushi Island, Maldives
menu: Asian, Italian, Chinese
phone: +960 779-0660l
With an enviable beach location and with affordable prices, Rehendhi Inn is a lovely cafe on the edge of the Indian ocean. Ice-cream delicious, soups are excellent, they cook is great - the only drawback is very slow service. A good place for dinner if you are willing to wait for your order about an hour. The average bill for two is about 15-20 dollars. Accommodation on a covered terrace, and in the evening, expect tables with candles right on the beach overlooking the sunset, very romantic. The menu offers dishes of European and local cuisine, including fresh seafood and fish. Chef Hussein is very hospitable and sociable person, and if you do not know what to try from the Maldivian cuisine he will always advise you.
Opening hours: 07:00 - 22:00
place: near bikini beach, Maafushi, Maldives
cuisine: Seafood, Asian, International
phone: +960 955-6808
One of the few dining places in Maafushi where you can find delicious pizza, Nero Cafe offers a menu that stuffed with the usual Italian popular dishes (almost generous portions), prepared according to Italian standards. Location include a buffet and a pizzeria. The quality of the dishes is excellent and fast service, plus reasonable prices; it's no wonder why Nero Cafe is one of the popular cafes on the island. In addition to pizza and pastas, salads, sandwiches, fish and chips, local curries and soups are served here. The restauran's set menu has more than a few types of pasta, from spaghetti to ravioli, and almost 5 savory sauces.
Opening hours: 07:00 - 21:00
location: Miskiy Magu Roadl, Maafushi island, Maldives
kitchen: italian, pizzeria, maldivian
Kaani Princess - a floating bar and restaurant drifting in Maafushi's beautiful lagoon with a free roundtrip transfer. Due to the strict rules of the dry law in the Maldives, this is the only place on the island where you can buy alcohol. The restaurant also serves Italian fusion cuisine. This is a great place to kick-back with a group of friends or the whole family, just like that or in honor of a special occasion. On the lower level there is a large cabin with a flat screen TV, entertainment system and comfortable sofas. The upper deck of the yacht is equipped with comfortable sun loungers. In the front there is even a sitting room with soft seats. A great experience to relax on an ocean yacht with beer in hand and admire the beautiful sunset at Maafushi!
Opening hours: 24 hours
location: lagoon near Maafushi Island, booking via Kaani Hotel or by phone
tel: +960 979-1187
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Hotels
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More