Vakarufalhi Island Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Best Experience for: Couples, House Reef Snorkeling, Diving, All Inclusive
With a great house reef snorkeling and beautiful beaches, Vakarufalhi Island Resort, better known as Vakaru is the ideal place for couples looking for an open space with the atmosphere of a private club in the Maldives. Today, the resort has gradually grown from a predominantly German diving island to a prestigious Italian resort under new ownership and management. The island itself still boasts of tall palms and natural vegetation, straw decorates every roof and sand everywhere in public areas.
4 *-star resort with 75 rooms has all the usual functions from spa and fitness, to diving and board games, although its only restaurant is a low-priced buffet, and the island does not have a pool and a public beach. All of the spacious rooms reflect a stylish and modern design, and feature a private outdoor veranda, sand area on the beach, and sea views and all rooms are complete with a minibar and an open-air bathroom and shower. The location of the island is one of the best for watching whale sharks and Manta rays, snorkeling excursions or diving trips both at the house reef and at nearby dive sites.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Stories - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 30 Sep for a stay until 20 Mar 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book for 3 nights and get 20% discount. Stay Period: from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
After overhaul and renovation in 2009, Vakarufalhi really looks very nice. This luxury resort has a fresh and stylish appearance with a calm, not pretentious atmosphere of a prestigious beach club. Most public spaces are open-air and are cooled by breezes that blow at least three of the four walls, are lined with soft sand or with wooden floors, and are furnished with high-quality wicker furniture with thick seats and cushions. For guests there are many indoor lounges, ideal for relaxation, reading books, or chatting with free Wi-Fi, and there is entertainment and an activity program. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Despite the fact that all the buildings are beautiful and new, Vakarufalhi is still, in many ways, the image of a classic resort in the Maldives. Reception with a sandy floor is at the end of the pier, the main bar next to the reception, and next to the restaurant. The rooms are built around the perimeter of the island, not in the form of arches, but separately close to the beach and surrounded by dense vegetation. The island's life flows slowly, with good facilities for relaxation, spacious verandas and socialization in a shallow lagoon.
As I said, the Italians are the majority here especially in the high season, but Vakarufalhi is happily shared by many Swiss and Germans and it is widely open to other nationalities. There is a certain concept of the club here, but it does not dominate rather you can accept or reject it, but it nevertheless creates a friendly atmosphere with a warm and hospitable community feeling.
Although Vakarufalhi is loaded with a standard choice of sports and recreation facilities for a typical island resort, there is no pool on the island. Nevertheless, most of the guests spend time in the sun tanning on the beach on their own loungers or playing on soft sand, so no one seems to notice the absence of a freshwater spot. Free Wi-Fi is available in the reception area and lobby, as well as in all rooms.
The island's shores are covered with white sand that lick the clear waters of the turquoise lagoon and the interior is full of lush green vegetation with low-tilted palms and tall deciduous trees. Most of the guests are quiet and do not forget about manners; the clientele consists mainly of Asian and European couples, or groups of Asian tourists. Although there are a some planned activities and excursions, Vakarufalhi has no credit for the evaluation of interaction, being an inappropriate place if you want to meet new friends or like to socialize, although if you are looking for a high quality and favorable and still private place to relax in your your own pace is a good option.
Ari Atoll also known as Alif or Alifu Atoll is one of the natural wonders of the Maldives. Being one of the largest atolls in the Maldives, it stretches from north to south in the western part of the Maldives archipelago in 30 minutes by seaplane from Male airport. South Ari Atoll, a Protected Marine Area, remains one of the best places in the world to see whale sharks, which are spotted year-round on the outer reef, while North Ari Atoll is famous for its hammerhead sharks, although these are far more elusive and require deep diving to see. Most of the islands are home for the luxury resorts while others are uninhabited, the rest are inhabited by local residents. The main occupations of Ari Atoll are fishing, sailing, harvesting and processing of corals. READ MORE
Vakarufalhi Island Resort is located in South Ari Atoll about 56 km south of Male. Seaplane transfers are available for guests arriving at Male International Airport from 6:00 am to 3:30 pm. Expect a picturesque 25 minutes flight with following 10 minutes boat trip from the pier to the island. In the case that guests miss the seaplane schedule they may also request for a night transfer on a domestic airline (Flyme ) via Maamigili domestic airport.
Vakarufalhi island is home to a gorgeous house reef located 15 metres from the beach. The resort also offers dive courses conducted by professional dive masters from Europe. Southern Ari Atoll is famous as the main area to watch whale sharks and manta rays all year round.
For most people, sunbathing plays a big role during their travels, and without a beach in paradise of course there is no way. As in other Maldives, the tide directly and indirectly affects the amount of beach space available to Vakarufalhi guests, but today the sand on the island is regularly pumped to overcome occasional erosion, and this initiative has created some beaches absolutely perfect, while other parts of the island look like not so good.
On Vakarufalhi there is no public beach and that the main thing is not because of a shortage of sand. Each beach villa owns a private piece of beach. On the one hand it's great, guaranteeing each place under the sun, but on the other, some have a beach better than others, although in general the beach is wide enough and the sand is soft and white and the surrounding lagoon is crystal clear. In the shallows you can easily find rays and baby sharks, and there is a large house reef with abundant and vibrant marine life, including sharks and turtles.
Beware of places where soft sand suddenly mixes with debris of coral and sea shells, and during the rainy season beware of jellyfish in the water. A low wall is built around the lagoon, but it does not spoil the ocean view.
With the 75 rooms in Vakarufalhi the bulk is Beach Villas - an excellent type of standard accommodation. The rooms are small and square, they have a modern and stylish interior in warm, natural colors, with polished wooden floors and dark wood illuminated with gold and orange, open-air bathrooms with two showers (one fully open and one under the awning), 42 "flat-screen TV, tea and coffee making facilities, a fully stocked mini bar in colonial style, wardrobes, blackout curtains and a mirror with dressing table. A good and unassuming lighting. Bathroom is small but equipped with 2 washbasins and 2 showers 1 inside and 1 outside, as well as a large front veranda with chairs and a deck with sun loungers plus a private stretch of sand with a couple of sun loungers on the beach with direct access from the villa. The room does not have beach towels. The Garden Rooms are not much different from Beach Villas, in addition they have a green garden and a direct view to the ocean. Villas 129-150 look at the sunset.
Upgrade to Water Villas will give you not only a bungalow over the water but also additional amenities, including a DVD player, an inner lounge, a slightly more chic decor, built-in wardrobes and a dressing room, plus splendid sliding wooden partitions that open up a large internal bathroom with a glass bathroom shower, and double sink. There is a large TV with satellite channels and wireless Internet access. They also received huge outdoor sun decks with sun loungers, an umbrella, sun loungers and direct access to the lagoon. The layout is simple, but a lot has been preserved from the classics. Between the bedroom and the bathroom, a screen can be opened to give the most luxurious view. The vistas are continuous, except for the spectacle of Centara Grand on the horizon. All new water villas are large and beautiful. These villas are also complemented by irons and magnificent glass stained glass in the bathroom.
Ironically, the water villas Junior Honeymoon Water Villas, located behind the spa, the oldest room fund on the island. Unlike other rooms, these suites have dark blankets in the style of a motel, dark wood, and generally a tight space. There is also a separate toilet and shower, and no real bathroom amenities in the form of a table or a bathroom (although there is a sink in the mini bar).
Ideal for families or those who want to splash in their own swimming pool, Pool Villa is equipped with two bedrooms with a single private pool on the island, a huge bathroom with outdoor shower and garden, and a completely secluded location thanks to the high white wall that surrounds the dwelling.
All bathrooms have a hairdryer and dressing table and toiletries, which include a sewing kit, tooth set, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. All rooms have comfortable trivia: a broom for cleaning the deck from the sand, umbrellas, free Wi-Fi , and a station for washing feet.
Food and Drinks
The main (and the only) place to eat on Vakarufalhi is the Ilaa restaurant. With a light colonial appearance, the indoor pavilion with high ceilings is equipped with wall-windows that can be opened for a generous portion of fresh air. Inside there is a large dining room with a tiled floor and an open living room, but the buffet is relatively small, and it is easy to get stuck in long queues for each station. Expect to see two lines of culinary stations demonstrating various ready meals, from pasta and meat to baking and soups. There is a decent salad bar, a line of hot dishes reflecting the international flavours and local cuisine, fresh fruit and desserts. The fare for dinner is as good as you would expect from an Italian hotel with a good selection and excellent quality. The situation is normal, and there is plenty of space between the tables, and a some tables are grouped together for friends and families. Wine and beer are free during meals, although the wine is not large by any measure. And breakfast is not a 4-star standard. The choice of breakfast is limited, jams and orange juice are common and only coffee nescafe. You can also order a private dinner on the island, on the beach under the stars, or a private picnic with a barbecue.
Between all your favorite afternoon tea and dinner there is a short demonstration of yoga or fashion, or some spa treatment. Usually every night, after dinner everyone moves to a Ilaa bar, but entertainment is never too loud and noisy.
The Ihaa Bar, offers al fresco dining on a deck overlooking the lagoon. It is the perfect place to sip a thoughtfully prepared drink and unwind to the sight and sounds of the beautiful ocean. The Ihaa bar also provides a line-up of evening entertainment to keep your nights at the Maldives exciting, but a party is never too loud and noisy.
On your stop at Ihaa bar, make sure to try our signature cocktail, the Vaka Vaka.
Although Vakarufalhi only has one bar, it is large. Outdoors, with sandy floors and a cocktail bar it has three interconnected lounge areas; one with a sandy floor and the atmosphere of the lobby, the other a real bar with wooden floors and a scene for evening entertainment, and the latter - a spacious outdoor terrace overlooking the sea. In the main bar, you will find a scattering of comfortable soft armchairs with white pillows, stylish wicker furniture, a stage for live music, and an arched bar packed with a collection of quality drinks that go especially well during a happy hour, shortly before dinner time. Another indoor, open-air area offers wicker chaise lounges, table sets + chairs, and a small buffet table with afternoon snacks. On the topic "what will we drink?" - expect to find imported alcohol, draft beer Carlsberg, as well as a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails, and there is a large selection of cigars and hookahs. The bar has weekly discos, Djs, movies and live music
Diving & Snorkeling
One of the resort's star features is its location and natural proximity to the best dive- and snorkel- sites, as well as easy access to some of the most big populations of whale sharks and manta rays in the Maldives. A gorgeous house reef that located only 15 meters from the beach is close to any point on the island and is therefore ideal for snorkeling at any time and from any villa. A real draw for a resort in the Maldives. The marine life is diverse and stunning, although corals have not yet grown so much, compared to many other islands in the South Ari Atoll.
Expect to see the schools of snappers, soldier fish and batfish. The house reef is also home to mystical caves and overhangs. To explore the beauty of this underwater wonder, Vakarufalhi provides daily diving and night diving excursions.
From January till the end of March, visits to Manta points are made several times a week. In the months of September until December, there is a good chance of seeing whale sharks in the area.
Boat trips are available every day of the week. Full day, early morning and night dive excursions are organized regularly. All the dive sites are within 15 to 60 minutes by boat from the Vakarufalhi Island. Single dives to dive packages are available for certified divers. You can be sure that our diving classes are conducted within PADI standards. Instructions available are English, German, Italian, and French.
The diving base is completely new, although Petra and Mark have been working here for about 10 years. Service is unrivaled. When newcomers go for diving for the first time, they do not need to prepare anything, everything is already assembled and is on a boat, you just need to go 10 minutes before departure, where you will find everything you need. Upon returning, guests leave the boat and leave all work for instructors. Vakarufalhi is located in the middle of the Dhigurah Channel, one of the most famous canals in the country, and local divers are spoiled for choice, with more than 15 dive sites in 20 minutes by boat
A local marine biologist gives an introduction to the underwater world of the Maldives, and shows slideshows to newcomers, and also accompanies the guests on snorkeling excursions. Snorkelling gear is free for guests during their stay. What is surprising, kayaks, as well as catamarans and windsurfers - for an additional fee. In order to protect the house reef, only non-motorized sports can be used on the island.
In addition to the local biologist, every 2 weeks the resort is visited by other experts. It can be a master of yoga or pilates, or natural history or astronomy, among other professionals. For daily activities there is a modest fitness room with a handful of cardio equipment and yoga mats. Lovers of good music can listen to their favorite soundtracks by connecting to a stereo system, and in the corner is a TV. The resort also has boutique with clothes and souvenirs, another reason to lose your time and money.
The island has many secluded places to stay with an interesting book in hand, and there is a overwater Duniye Spa. The lounge with check-in and spa-boutique are separated from three separate bungalows on the water intended for medical procedures. Inside these rooms, expect a spa on the Balinese theme, and the same layout as in Honeymoon Villas. The spa believes in an innovative approach that combines Western and Eastern traditional methods with modern high technologies. For recovery, the place also offers a steam bath and a line of relaxing chairs located behind the reception. At check-in, guests receive a complimentary free massage voucher.
For active types there are many games to play with friends or other guests, including badminton, volleyball, ping-pong, football, and a variety of board games.
An intimate setting where paradise mirrors the promise of forever. Vakarufalhi Island Resort offers a choice of wedding rituals or vow renewals that honour traditional Maldivian ceremonies. For the ultimate gesture of romance, there will be a private dinner on a secluded beach. Let the shallow crystal clear blue water that kisses your toes be the perfect backdrop as you express your passion and love for each other.
Reinforced with coconut palms and enriched by a white sandy beaches and a great house reef with a beautiful and vibrant sea life, Vakarufalhi Island Resort combined with the traditional features of the Maldives is the perfect marriage of beautiful nature and peaceful tranquility. In any case, if you are not afraid of the question of style or you are not going to spend much time in your room, Vakarufalhi is really a beautiful island - very very quiet, with amazing snorkeling and diving. The island you want to return to, like a fairy tale, in which everything is included.
Why stay here? What Guests Like
- Great value for money
- Staff is nice, very friendly and always ready to help
- Сlean and comfortable rooms. Over-water villa is simply amazing;
- A beautiful white sandy beach, turquoise lagoon and an excellent house reef.
- An amazing snorkeling, lots of coral, fish, sharks, rays and turtles
- The food is delicious! Lunches and dinners are excellent. Always the freshest, varied, seafood or fish, everything is very taste!
- all inclusive is great : highest variety of food at any meal and drinks served almost h24
- Classy diving with whale sharks and manta rays
- Beautiful green island
- Beach bar and lounge with entertainment program, happy hour and snacks
- the real way to experience Maldives : it was like in a dream
What You Need to Know
- Vakarufalhi Island Resort is located on the private island in South Ari Atoll, 90 km from Male airport. The journey time by seaplane is 30 minutes.
- Time on the island +1 hour from Male
- There is no swimming pool in the resort
- There is no public beach (a section of sand is assigned to each individual villa)
- Meal is only 'buffet' or private dinner
- Masks / fins / snorkel free of charge
- All-inclusive cocktail card does not include alcoholic cocktails
- Some rooms do not have wifi - better buy a local sim card in Male
- The gym has only two cardiovascular equipment
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More