Adaaran Select Meedhupparu
Best Experience: Couples, All Inclusive, Value, Beach
With luxuriously warm seas and powder white beaches, Adaaran Select Meedhupparu offers an incredible all-inclusive holiday for the discerning traveller in the Maldives. Here you will get the Maldives' main components at a very good price. First of all, this is relaxation, the sun, the beautiful beach and the lagoon, and the service with a genuine smile.
With plenty of on-site activities, beautiful beaches, and decent all-inclusive food on offer, the Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is a great upper-middle-range value for the Maldives. Its 215 rooms are spacious but basic, there's no free Wi-Fi, and the remote island location takes 40 minutes to reach by seaplane from Velana Airport, Male. It's also worth to check Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi (accessible by speedboat) or Kuredu Island Resort (which has more amenities and in-room Wi-Fi).
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Opened in 2000, the resort is located on a 42 acres private island with 3 restaurants, a big swimming pool, a spa, a garden, tennis courts and badminton, as well as 4 bars (three of which sit on the beach). All 215 resort rooms are located next to the beach, and another 20 bungalows are built over the water - although technically they are part of a top category of sub-resort accommodation called Adaaran Prestige Water Villas.
The journey to Adaaran Select Meedhupparu begins with a (possibly lengthy) wait at the Male Airport to catch a seaplane transfer. The 40-minute flight is incredibly scenic, if you can stay awake for this final leg of the journey. Upon arrival, guests are greeted at the end of a pier that's surrounded by dazzling aquamarine water and then given fruity welcome drinks at check-in. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
There is children's playground on the island but Meedhupparu is primarily focused on couples and newlyweds. There are many guests from Europe and Asia. The resort's vibe is laid-back, with most of the guests gathering at the pool bar, sunbathing on white sand beaches or house reef snorkelling.
Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is located in Raa Atoll, 136 km to the north of the capital of the Maldives, Malé. A seaplane journey will cover this distance in 45 minutes. Time on the island is one hour ahead of Male time -- an artificial time zone difference that many resorts use to make the days feel longer. At 750 meters long and 670 meters wide, the island totals 43 square acres. A staff of about 380 lives and works on the island year-round.
The pace of life is sublimely carefree and your troubles and worries will seem as distant as the tropical horizon. The gleaming waters surrounding the Island are irresistible, inviting the visitor to experience the underwater world which lies beneath the waves. Swimming and snorkelling are ideal pursuits in this pristine location, with a beautiful coral reef visible in the waters. All manner of marine life, from vibrantly coloured fish to rays and turtles are readily seen in the seas bordering the island beaches.
The great location of Adaaran Select Meedhupparu also makes it an ideal venue for water sports. An officially certified diving school offers programmes and courses for divers of any ability, from beginners to experts. Exceptional diving sites are available in the vicinity of the resort.
With the exception of one four-bed room, all Meedhupparu villas are located on the beach with one king-size bed or two single beds. Since most rooms are designed for couples, families usually book villas next to each other. The spacious rooms (46 sq.m) are equipped with open-air bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers. All rooms have a TV, mini bar, complimentary bottled water, electric kettles, beach towels, beach patios and plastic sun loungers. A simple, island style consists of cream walls, white bedspreads, parquet floors, common wooden furniture and high turquoise headboards. More stylish Ocean Villas with a personal butler and Wi-Fi are also available, but these rooms are part of the Adaaran Prestige Water Villas.
The rooms on the south side facing to the sun all day, whereas guests on the north side will be turning their loungers to face into the island to catch the sun some of the time. Having said that, the rooms are built in an arc set back some good way from the beach, so there is plenty of space to catch the rays. On the other hand, only the rooms at the ends of the arcs are near to the beach, the others are set behind some pretty scrubby vegetation.
Beach Villas are clean, neat and unpretentious. The decor is bright and cheerful and has everything you need. The bathroom has 2 basins and an inside and outside shower. The main thing that you need to remember is to plan ahead and ask for a better location. Water villas - all are magnificent. They are in another class, and actually used to belong to another resort. The attempt to run 2 different resorts on the same island, however, has been abandoned and yet the dividing wall has not yet been taken down and guests are obstructed from going all the way around the island on the beach. Not only are these rooms with thatched beautiful interior, but they are also right on the reef edge. Just a few steps, and a few strokes will take you to the drop-off where you will find very good snorkeling.
Partly thanks to the low wall in the western lagoon, the beaches at Meedhupparu island are almost perfect. Unseemly sandbags (used to prevent erosion) sometimes float out of white sand, and wavebreakers are installed almost along the entire perimeter of the island. Guests are provided with white plastic sun loungers, as well as drinks at three beach bars. The island is very clean, and it will be difficult for you to find even a speck of trash anywhere.
Restaurants and Bars
Expect feast on scintillating buffet spreads at the Main Restaurant which offers a selection of international cuisines. The resort’s main all-inclusive restaurants, Jaafaiy and Sufura, serve buffet food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Let your taste buds enjoy a celebration of mouth watering flavours as they combine to conjure up a culmination of dishes for the food lover offering a truly memorable experience at these signature fine dining restaurants.
The food is solid overall, with international dishes that range from fish curries to Italian pastas. Free snacks are provided at the main bar three times a day, and guests can purchase bar food at the beachfront Grill Bar. For a more romantic atmosphere, guests can pay extra to have an a la carte dinner over the water at the "Fine Dining Restaurant," which is technically part of Adaaran Prestige Water Villas. Fresh lobster and seafood barbecue are available on select nights
Meals included are
- Sufura Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner (Buffet)
- Cafee Mass a la Carte 11.00 am – 10.30 pm
- Thavaa a la carte 07.00 pm – 10.30 pm
- Beach BBQ events are also included except Lobster and Jumbo Prawns – extra charge; $15.00 USD per person
- For all A la carte and Beach BBQ 24 hours prior reservation to be made and seats
are on availability
MINI BAR ITEMS – Included Refill once per day
- 4 Beers / 4 Juices / 5 Soft drinks / 2 Chocolates / 2 Bottles of Mineral Water
ALL INCLUSIVE BEVERAGE
ALL INCLUSIVE BEVERAGES – SERVED IN ALL BARS EXCEPT THE WATER VILLA
LOUNGE AND BAR
- Whisky (Johnny Walker Black Label / Jack Daniel / Chives Regal 12 years / Glenfiddich)
- Gin (Gordon's / Beefeater)
- Rum (Bacardi – White & Gold / Captain Morgan Dark Rum)
- Vodka (Absolute Blue / Smirnoff Red / Stolichnaya)
- Brandy (Napoleon / St. Remy Authentic VSOP)
SPARKLING WINE (Served by the glass)
- De Bortoli Sparkling Brut – Australia
- Jaume Serra Cava Sparkling – Spain
HOUSE WINE – ROSE (Served by the glass)
- B&G Partagar – France
- Gallo California
- Garland Crest Grenache Rosé – Spain
HOUSE WINE – RED / WHITE (Served by the glass)
- Robertson – South Africa
- B&G Partagar – France
- Gallo – California
- Garland Crest – Spain
- CasaSubercaseaux – Chile
- Two Oceans – South Africa
- Appetit de France
- Chucaro– Chile
SEASONAL FRESH FRUIT JUICES (Served by the glass on availability)
- Papaya / Banana / Pineapple / Watermelon / Orange
AN ARRAY OF LOCALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY INSPIRED COCKTAILS AND MOCKTAILS
Choice of 10 for cocktails & a choice of 5 for mocktails
- BEER (Served by the glass)
- Lion / Carlsberg / Heineken / Corona
- SOFT DRINKS (Served by the glass)
- Coca Cola / Sprit / Fanta / Soda / Tonic / Bitter Lemon / Ginger Ale
OTHER SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Pickup via buggy from the jetty
- Complementary bottle of sparkling wine
- Complementary fresh fruit & mixed nuts platter served on arrival in villa
- One complementary spa massage/ reflexology offered per guest per stay
- A complementary Sunset Cruise tour or Night Fishing tour
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ALL-INCLUSIVE (AI) PACKAGE (EXTRA CHARGES ARE APPLICABLE ON THE BELOW)
- Beverages provided are for your own consumption, served one glass at a time, while at the Resort's restaurants & bars
- Please note that fresh fruit juices, mini bar items (excluding the 2 mineral water bottles which will be replenished on a daily basis),
- Theme nights and specialty coffees such as cappuccino, espresso etc are not included in this package
- All guests registered in the same room must be on the all-inclusive package
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under the age of 18
- There are no refunds or substitutions, nor are any benefits transferable to another guest
- The all-inclusive package entitlements will end on the date of the check out at 12 noon
House Reef Snorkeling
The corals are growing well and there are lots and lots of fish, from butterfly fish to reef sharks. The reef stays easily accessible from the beach all the way down this side of the island (another good reason to get a room on this side). And the beach is fine and lovely underfoot. You can look out across the lagoon here and enjoy the sun, sand and sea that is as good as on any resort in the country. The loungers, however, are the white plastic ones without a mattress so its difficult to lie in them for too long.
The DIVE POINT diving school is the ideal spot to try on a scuba diving. Dive Center SSI offers diving courses and fun dive trips to the best sites of Raa Atoll at very affordable prices ($ 55 per dive).
Things to Do
Meedhupparu boasting a wide range of facilities. Surrounded by the resort’s lush landscaping, Chavana Spa offers everything from couples massages to scrubs and includes its own beauty salon, sauna, and steam room. Fresh floral aromas will soothe and calm your senses, whilst our unique blend of traditional Balinese music with contemporary tones playing in the background will surely lull you to sleep or to a relaxed state of mind. Chavana Spa’s range of signature body treatments, facials and packages are inspired from the freshness of a Balinese garden. The resort and spa also offers Pevonia Botanica facials, an elite natural skin care brand focusing on prolonged skin health and rejuvenation.
Guests residing at Adaaran Select Meedhupparu have the chance to explore vibrant Maldives like never before. Play a game of soccer on the beach or some beach volleyball to get the adrenaline pumping. Those who need a little more motivation have various other things to do in Maldives such as venturing out to sea for a tour around Maldives which will take you to some of the most beautiful islands found in this corner of the world. For those seeking a thrilling escapade, revel in the myriad of water sports the island offers. Go out on a fishing trip and try your luck at harvesting the bounty of the plentiful Indian Ocean. Wind surfing is ideal for those who seek excitement in generous doses. Feel the rush as you power along the surface of the azure waters. Sports facilities on the island include billiards and ping pong tables, badminton and tennis courts, as well as a beach volleyball.
Popular excursions include sunset photo cruises, night fluo dives, and inhabited island hopping. Staff can also arrange private candlelit dinners on the beach or full-day picnics on a deserted island (20 minutes away). Guests can use Wi-Fi in the lobby and main bar by purchasing a prepaid card from the gift shop . Weekly events include a Mexican food and music night, karaoke night, crab race, beach party, and lobster barbecue. Food and drinks may cost extra on theme nights.
First of all - amazing location. Paradise on earth. White sand. Turquoise water. Lots of exotic fish. Extremely well maintained and cleaned resort. Spotless room cleaning, done twice a day. One of the most customer-oriented resorts we've ever been in. Amazingly friendly and professional staff, that would go above and beyond to satisfy tourists' demands. There's much more to say but I will stop by saying that it was one of our best holidays ever....
Pros: Why Stay Here
- A great location on a private island with white-sand beaches and crystal turquoise water
- Seaplane scenic trip with stunning aerial views
- Deserted picnic island (20 minutes away)
- House reef snorkeling
- Two all-inclusive buffet restaurants and four bars
- All-inclusive alcohol, soft drinks, and water
- Spacious outdoor pool with swim-up bar and hot tub
- Water activities
- Live music and karaoke night
What You Need to Know
- Adaaran Select Meedhupparu has a range of special offers and attractive Maldives resort rates that let you enjoy the very best the Island has to offer. View the deals
- All Adaaran Resorts properties and Heritance Aarah will reopen in July and September 2020 with enhanced health and safety measures, under parent company Aitken Spence Hotels’ Spence Safe initiative.
- A pricey, 40-minute seaplane transfer to reach the island
- Check-in from 13:00, Check-out before 12:00
- Rooms don't have Internet
- Minibar items and fresh juices cost extra
- No children's pool, playground, kids' club, or babysitting services
- Fees for water sports rentals
- All-inclusive buffet food can get monotonous
- Weak selection of all-inclusive wines
- No room service
- Bungalows - duplexes. Between the bathrooms there is a partition without a ceiling. It is clear that you experience some discomfort when your neighbors go shower / toilet.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (18.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Princess Sara - 13 Mar 2021 - from €1,331.00 - Classic Route - Early Bird Special! (25% OFF)
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 21.01.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Soneva Jani: Welcome to the Chapter Two
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as GM
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives gets 2021 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award
- Amazing activities in the great outdoors of Lily Beach
- Unforgettable Experiences complimented by Exclusive Hospitality in the Maldives: Waldorf Astoria launches Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa To Debut In September 2021
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi kick start in 2021 with Special Offer
- Maldives Padel Tennis Opens at Kudadoo Private Island and Hurawalhi
- The Nautilus Maldives launches Full Moon Crystal Singing Bowl meditation
- Wreck Diving in Addu atoll
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- 10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
- 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Honeymoon in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More