Baglioni Resort Maldives - The Leading Hotels of the World
Best Experience: Couples, Family, Beaches, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
Surrounded by shimmering sapphire waters with a powder soft sands, Baglioni Resort Maldives is an idyllic retreat for honeymooners and families alike in the Dhaalu Atoll. Located on the island of Maagau this exclusive newest resort of 96 villas is located on the one of the most spectacular Maldivian islands, allows guests to experience a bespoke stay in the heart of the Indian Ocean with the unique Italian hospitality of Baglioni Hotels. Opened on March 2019, Baglioni Resort Maldives sits on a private island surrounded by clear water teeming with vibrant marine life and a thriving reef system. The hotel is described as “ Paradise with Italian grace ” on the company's website. With a focus on Italian design and gourmet cuisine, the property provides a chic retreat for holidaymakers.
Lose yourself in the vastness of the Indian Ocean…and find yourself again, luxuriating blissfully under a palm tree. This is just one of the unique experiences that await you at Baglioni Resort Maldives. Its comprehensive comforts offer an unforgettable stay with a blend of sport, relaxation and prestigious gourmet dining to suit its exclusive international clientele. It is a piece of paradise in true Baglioni Hotels style.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- CROWN & CHAMPA Resorts: UP to 40% OFF. Book until Feb 28
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Heritance Aarah: book early till 28th Feb for Stay till 31st Oct - 40% OFF
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
After arriving at Velana International Airport, guests are welcomed at the Baglioni Private Lounge. If arriving after 4 pm, you are escorted to Malé hotel pre-booked. If arriving before 4 pm, they are welcomed by the resort's team and taken to the seaplane check-in counter. The guests along with their luggage will be checked on the pre-booked flight to Baglioni Resort Maldives. All international departures before 8:45am (Malé Time) will have to leave the hotel 1 night earlier.
Baglioni is a sophisticated island paired with natural beauty and an authentic Maldivian vibe. Definitely a place to spend a brilliant time! Upon arrival by boat you'll immediately excited about the island. The turquoise lagoon is beautiful, surrounded by nice beaches and many palm trees. The highlight of Baglioni is still the amazing beach. The Maldives does never disappoint with this but this property has the most amazing beach in the Maldives with white fine sand which is cleaned from small stones twice a day by a special team! The beach villas boast with posh greenery and decent privacy, and there are as well some villas which are not hidden within the foliage, perfect for sun-lovers and open-view-seekers. The desalination plant has not been finished yet, but in future they will also produce eco-friendly own bottled water.
Baglioni is not that big so you can easily circle the island on the beach. The resort's location is perfect. The island has the perfect size and nice shore with lots of different corals to explore while snorkeling. The marine life is diverse and exceptionally beautiful. The pool bar features funny fish ceramics as decoration. At Gusto restaurant lovely artisanal plates especially designed for Baglioni are presented. It is really a lot into details. In the evening, lanterns with candles are placed around the pool which provide a cosy atmosphere. There is also some descreet live music offered in the bar area. Allover you’ll find an absolutely pleasant and serene ambiance.
The staff is amiable and attentive and perfectly trained and extra careful. They precisely feel the edge of being polite and proactively feel the right moment when to leave the clients in privacy. In our personal opinion, this is a key moment in separating real professionals from those who just perform and follow prescribed service. The restaurant’s team is also perfectly trained providing the guests with best level of Italian hospitality!
Dhaalu Atoll, a relatively unspoilt atoll of the Maldives archipelago, also known as South Nilandhe Atoll or Nilandhe Atholhu Dhekunuburi, is located 150 km southwest of the Maldives capital - the city of Male. The perfect tropical paradise of Dhaalu, separates from North Nilandhe (Faafu) atoll, the Kandu Dheburieytherey strait. Read More...
The 5-star resort is located in the northern part of Southern Nilandhe Atoll. Dreamily resplendent on the island of Maagau in Dhaalu atoll, a 40-minute hop by seaplane from the capital, Malé, this remarkable resort is awash with tropical natural beauty.
In total, you'll find 96 rooms, both set on land and over the ocean. Luxury villas surrounded by tropical nature, turquoise waters and velvet-smooth white sands. Accommodation created with typically Italian attention to detail using materials and design techniques for optimum sustainability while making the most of the natural setting and its all-embracing beauty. The overwater rooms will offer privacy at its best along with private bathrooms, a large bed and a private deck that overlooks the ocean.
The villas are constructed in traditional Maldivian way with high ceilings, open bathrooms and thatched roofs. All are elegantly decorated and feature warm and bright hues. The quality of linen and towels is high-grade (from the Italian brand Frette), the mattress comfortable and the lightning system is easy to handle. Bath amenities are provided in refillable bowls. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
• 8 Garden Villas
• 31 Beach Villas
• 33 Water Villas
• 9 Pool Water Villas
• 5 Pool Grand Beach Villas
• 6 Pool Suite Beach Villas
• 3 Two-bedroom Family Beach Villas
• 1 Three-bedroom Presidential Water Villa
Beach Pool Suite is as perfect as a dream. Private pool, spacious and well-organized interiors, and direct access to the white sand beach to immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean with unrivaled privacy.
Restaurants and Bars
Designed to minimize the environmental impact, with sustainable materials and measures for the maximum sustainability and efficiency, the resort is the perfect romantic getaway for an unforgettable stay between sport and relax, all enriched by a prestigious gastronomic offer. The four restaurants are serve a range of international options including Japanese and traditional Italian cuisine. There are overwater dining outlets, and venues with indoor and outdoor seating so guests can enjoy sea views with their meals. Here you can also sit with the toes in the sand - a must in the Maldives!
Gusto Restaurant focuses on freshly caught local fish and pasta with kind of a modern twist. The airy main restaurant Taste is located on the beach. The breakfasts are amazing! Truly delicious and nutritious! Unfortunately, no tropical jam is on offer at breakfast, just some European sorts. Yet, Mas Huni is served on the buffet, that’s also one of all time favourites. You really will love the Japanese overwater restaurant Umami. The dishes from the Robata grill we can highly recommend. The staff host wonderful cocktail events before dinner a few times per week taht really nice. They serve amazing canapés also. Extra charges for basics like wine/beer/pizza are reasonable, that’s nice! Usually it’s overpriced in the luxury league, especially the wines. Dine-Around-option in all three outlets will be introduced as of 1st of December.
RESTAURANTS & BAR
• Gusto Restaurant (Italian cuisine)
• Taste Restaurant (International cuisine)
• Umami Restaurant (Japanese cuisine)
• Pool Bar Grill
• Wine Cellar
Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
The biggest draw to the island resort, however, is the resort's dive centre. Here you'll find advice and excursions to nearby reefs allowing both beginners and experts the chance to enjoy the underwater world.
The house reef snorkeling is fabulous in terms of corals, surely one of the best growings you have seen after El Nino. Nice reef formation with many overhangs. Also pretty good for divers as it is spreading out quite far on some parts.
Maagau Dive Centre is a PADI five-star Dive Centre, boasting a strategic position away from the crowded atolls and Safari boats offering the possibility of enjoying the uncontaminated nature and tranquility. All centre's immersion spots are close to the island, thus significantly reducing the transfer times.
Managed by Alessia Pagani, an experienced Italian expert on Maldives seabed and scuba diving for more than 10 years, the centre offers personalised programs for all levels, including spectacular individual diving excursions for beginners to advanced divers and educational programs for kids thanks to the collaboration with resident marine biologist.
SNORKELLING FOR BEGINNERS: a short instruction session in the lagoon with our expert guidesto know the basics of snorkelling
SNORKELLING EXPLORATION (single/multiple location): a trip out to visit open-water reefs withan experienced guide to discover the wonders of the underwater world
SUNSET SNORKELLING: a unique experience to live the magic of this very special moment of the day, watching how fish activity and colours changes underwater. This trip is tailored to suit everyone, beginner or experienced snorkeler
FREE INTRODUCTION TO SCUBA DIVING: an experienced instructor will explain how to use the regulator and breathe easily underwater in the complete safety of the swimming pool
Activities and Pampering
For relaxation, the Garden Spa will offer a variety of rejuvenating and soothing therapies , as well as a yoga pavilion where guests can enjoy private or group sessions with beach views. There's a beach gym, and holidaymakers can play beach volleyball, or take part in water activities such as pedalo rides, kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling, topcat sailing, scuba diving and boat excursions.
A temple of beauty and wellbeing to pamper you with indigenously inspired luxury treatments. Spa facilities include: 4 singles pavillons | 2 double pavillons Yoga pavillon
Fully equipped gymnasium, beach volley, tennis court, soccer, non motorised water sports such as catamaran, pedalo, windsurfing, kayak, snorkelling.
MAAGAU DIVE CENTRE
The Baglioni's blue lagoon is framed by a lovely coral reef inhabited by colourful fish and fascinating sea creatures. Dive programmes for all levels, snorkeling excursions, access to some of the best dive sites in the world, excursions, sunset cruises and fishing experiences, BBQ fishing dinner, private romantic cruise, visit to a local Village, romantic day on desert Island with BBQ
Kids will have fun in the „jungle club“ located in the middle of the island. From 3 to 12 years old, ndoor space and open play areas, Arts & Crafts and theme days.
DISCOVER MALDIVES: a visit to the local village of Ribhodhoo, the island of the goldsmiths, for a glimpse of the Maldivian way of life. An ancient legend says that, hundreds of years ago, an old goldsmith of the Sultan that was exiled on this island transferred his art to the inhabitants. This is the
reason why on Ribhodhoo the goldsmith's art has greatly developed
TRADITIONAL SUNSET FISHING: the beauty of a glorious sunset matched with the fun fishing! Our experienced crew will take guests to their best fishing spots and help them to catch the next day's dinner
OCEAN SUNSET: a relaxing and romantic cruise in the Indian Ocean enjoying a beautiful sunset
ROMANTIC STARGAZING CRUISE: a unique excursion to experience the beauty of a clear Maldivian evening, where the night sky is simply bursting with millions of glittering stars and there is no light pollution
BBQ FISHING DINNER (min. 2 pax): a unique experience, that matches the glorious Maldivian sunset with fun of the traditional fishing and a lovely dinner on board. Our experienced Dhoni crew will take guests to their best fishing spots and help them to catch today's dinner. Grilled fish will be served on board with a selection of delicious picnic specialties from the Chef
MALDIVES DISCOVER CRUISE (max. 6 pax): a private experience to spend few hours or an half day for a relaxing cruise, doing snorkelling, fishing, dolphin adventure, visiting a local village or a sandbank island
The real power of the resort is undoubtedly the staff: primarily for its accessibility and courtesy. Everything makes you feel like a “guest” in the true sense of the word. The excellent location, a great service combined with unrivaled privacy and food in all three restaurants, from Italian cuisine to Japanese restaurant (Umami) with over-water tables and delicious dishes, make the period spent at the resort, of course, useful for sunbathing and activities, but, above all for relaxing and charging batteries. At Baglioni Resort Maldives nothing is left to chance, every need finds punctual satisfaction, every detail is an expression of all-Italian excellence. This hotel is definitely recommended for everyone, couples, families, honeymooners and everyone who wants to get away from it all! You will be pleased to come back and enjoy the unique tropical paradise.
Pros: What Guests Love
- a Great location
- Friendly atmosphere of the place
- Staff and guests - one large family. Great service from start to finish
- Beautiful and spacious villas with the best ocean views
- House reef snorkeling: you'll see turtles, rays and sharks
- Super professionals dive center
- Kids club with attractive and always different activities with special attention to children
- Best and quality food and service in all restaurants
- Italian cuisine is always on top, everything is very tasty
- Daily cocktail parties, live music and an evening of Maldivian dances
- a fine spa
- Pool bar
- every day Yoga
- Great wine selection
- Reasonable food and drink prices
Things to Know before You Go
- The property is only accessible by seaplane, transfer takes 40 minutes from Male International Airport. Seaplane transfers in the Maldives only operate during daylight hours. You may be required to find your own accommodation in Male or at the airport if your arrival time is beyond 15:00 h.
- Check-in from 14:00 hours; check-out until 12:00 hours;
- Children of any age are welcome. Children aged 16 years and above are considered adults at this hotel
- Children up to 11.99 years eat for free from the Kids menu Only (in all our restaurants regardless the meal plan booked by the parents). Should the children wish to eat from the à la carte menu, a 50% discount will be applicable on the normal rates..
- All Inclusive meal plan is available: USD 300 per adult (16 years old and above) USD 150 per child 12-15.99 years Complimentary for child 0-11.99 years only from kids menu inclusions: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits from our selection. Minibar with wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water and snacks refilled on daily basis.
- HONEYMOON BENEFITS
For a Minimum of 4 nights stay or more:
- A bottle of Ferrari Trentodoc in room upon arrival
- Special honeymoon turndown
- One three course romantic dinner at one of the restaurant of your choice. Beverages excluded.
- 60 minutes couple massage at choice
For a Minimum of 7 nights or more:
Additionally a private Yoga Lesson
Wedding must have been within the last 12 months prior to arrival (wedding certificate must be shown prior arrival or at check-in).
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists is prohibited.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (21.02.21) in Maldives
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 21.02.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Dhigali Family Escape: The Maldives Island for All Ages
- Easter Holidays at Emerald Maldives
- Stay Safe and Healthy at Mirihi Island Resort
- Sustainability is Key factor to Success at Ellaidhoo Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins Forbes Travel Guide best Instagram award
- What's Hot at Kandima's Dining Scene
- Cocoon Maldives wins Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- Mindful Breathing: Learning the Art at Milaidhoo Island Maldives
- Neelam & Samir’s Family Vacay at Lily Beach
- Former Miss GB, Amy Willerton vacations at Kihaa Maldives
- Fushifaru Maldives triumphs 2021 Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- 10 Experiences Every Traveler Should Have in the Maldives
- The Art of Yoga with Constance Hotels in the Maldives
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More