All tap water in each Maldives' hotel is desalted, and is produced at its own cleaning station at each resort. This means that it is potable. Several resorts, especially Italian ones, place a sign next to the sinks saying “not drinking”, possibly in an attempt to sell more bottled water. In fact, you can drink it. At least one resort ALL INCLUSIVE informed guests that the water in the tap was potable, possibly in an attempt to save more bottles. When visiting Maldives, it is best to stick with bottled water as this is safer and when in doubt, always ask. To be safe avoid the tap water and be weary of anything with ice as it may have been made from the tap water. Salads and fruits could have also been washed in the tap water so be careful with those foods as well.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Coffee and Soft Drinks
Coffee and soft drinks are available in nearly every hotel and resort in the country as well. As in bars, the price of fruit juices is too high. Lemon or lime juice, or better still soda, is just what you need to dry and push through. Fruits are widespread and cheap throughout the region, a fruit drink is a good thing, but you have to pay 6 - 12 dollars per glass. Delicious. Pineapple and mango are also cheap during the season and make good juices.
As for alcohol, beer prevails. Heineken and Carlsberg are famous brands, the Singapore-based Tiger is a great beer, as is Lion from Sri Lanka and San Miguel from the Philippines. Diversity is a matter of chance, but if you have preferences or suggestions for change, pass your suggestions to the F & B manager. He or she always loves feedback.
Light beer, or rather "lager", that seems right in the tropics, when you want to refresh yourself with depth, complexity and strength.
Many resorts offer cocktail hours and all have a comprehensive cocktail menu. There is no local or regional alcohol, with the exception of Sri Lankan arak whiskey - but a selection of cocktails with coconut, pineapple and lime blends will help you to decompress. You can even try the Maldivian Lady.
For daily drinking, with the exception of beer, let us recommend two simple cocktails to you. The first is a good gin and tonic - lots of ice and a thick slice of lemon to make up for sweetness. It looks like a tropical cliché, perhaps even with colonial connotations, but very often this drink saves during the wild heat. Another choice is frozen margarita. When the mixture is correct, the ice is finely crumbled and salt is placed around the rim - this is a perfect sip.
Wine from the wine list is suitable for every occasion. Unfortunately, most resorts store only a couple of red and a couple of white, which are not good and inexpensive. This is a real shame, and more claims to the F & B manager should restore order on your desk.
On the other hand, the prestigious luxury hotels compete fiercely with each other for bragging rights. Many of them have wine cellars that can hold 5,000 or more bottles. Sommeliers are always ready to discuss and recommend, hold wine tastings and organize five-course dinners.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Kandima: FLASH sale - 55% OFF on All Meal plans
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Amilla Early Bird FLASH: 40% OFF on water villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 35% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - Festive Offer 30% OFF!
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More