All tap water in each Maldives' hotel is desalted, and is produced at its own cleaning station at each resort. This means that it is potable. Several resorts, especially Italian ones, place a sign next to the sinks saying “not drinking”, possibly in an attempt to sell more bottled water. In fact, you can drink it. At least one resort ALL INCLUSIVE informed guests that the water in the tap was potable, possibly in an attempt to save more bottles. When visiting Maldives, it is best to stick with bottled water as this is safer and when in doubt, always ask. To be safe avoid the tap water and be weary of anything with ice as it may have been made from the tap water. Salads and fruits could have also been washed in the tap water so be careful with those foods as well.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Scubaspa Yang - 15 May 2021 - from €2,313.00 - Best of Maldives - (25% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 16 May 2021 - from €1,199.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €280 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Carpe Novo - 27 Nov 2021 - from €1,382.00 - North Male - Baa - Ari - Vaavu - South Male - Early Bird Deal (10% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 02 Jan 2022 - from €1,236.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until May 31, 2021 . (16% OFF)
- Maldives Aggressor II - 07 Nov 2021 - from €3,133.00 - Best of Maldives - Meemu (Male-Male) - $500 OFF! Rates include discounts! Valid until May 07, 2021.
Coffee and Soft Drinks
Coffee and soft drinks are available in nearly every hotel and resort in the country as well. As in bars, the price of fruit juices is too high. Lemon or lime juice, or better still soda, is just what you need to dry and push through. Fruits are widespread and cheap throughout the region, a fruit drink is a good thing, but you have to pay 6 - 12 dollars per glass. Delicious. Pineapple and mango are also cheap during the season and make good juices.
As for alcohol, beer prevails. Heineken and Carlsberg are famous brands, the Singapore-based Tiger is a great beer, as is Lion from Sri Lanka and San Miguel from the Philippines. Diversity is a matter of chance, but if you have preferences or suggestions for change, pass your suggestions to the F & B manager. He or she always loves feedback.
Light beer, or rather "lager", that seems right in the tropics, when you want to refresh yourself with depth, complexity and strength.
Many resorts offer cocktail hours and all have a comprehensive cocktail menu. There is no local or regional alcohol, with the exception of Sri Lankan arak whiskey - but a selection of cocktails with coconut, pineapple and lime blends will help you to decompress. You can even try the Maldivian Lady.
For daily drinking, with the exception of beer, let us recommend two simple cocktails to you. The first is a good gin and tonic - lots of ice and a thick slice of lemon to make up for sweetness. It looks like a tropical cliché, perhaps even with colonial connotations, but very often this drink saves during the wild heat. Another choice is frozen margarita. When the mixture is correct, the ice is finely crumbled and salt is placed around the rim - this is a perfect sip.
Wine from the wine list is suitable for every occasion. Unfortunately, most resorts store only a couple of red and a couple of white, which are not good and inexpensive. This is a real shame, and more claims to the F & B manager should restore order on your desk.
On the other hand, the prestigious luxury hotels compete fiercely with each other for bragging rights. Many of them have wine cellars that can hold 5,000 or more bottles. Sommeliers are always ready to discuss and recommend, hold wine tastings and organize five-course dinners.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till May 31 for stays until Sep 30
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Special offer with fly, stay and dine benefits!
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 00.05.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort debuts in Paradise this Summer
- The Maldives have been added to UK's red list countries
- Take Your Vacation to the Next Level with Amilla Maldives
- St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
- The Nautilus Maldives launches its first ever Holistic Spa Month
- Sheraton Maldives Introduces USD 130,000 Exclusive Island Takeover
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Honeymoon at Maafushivaru Maldives
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives partners with Bamford brand
- Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands announces LEGENDARY DEBUT offer
- Marriott Bonvoy celebrates Healthcare Heroes with special rates
- The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen vacations in the Maldives
- Spend a romantic weekend at Baros Maldives
- The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the Maldives
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More