All tap water in each Maldives' hotel is desalted, and is produced at its own cleaning station at each resort. This means that it is potable. Several resorts, especially Italian ones, place a sign next to the sinks saying “not drinking”, possibly in an attempt to sell more bottled water. In fact, you can drink it. At least one resort ALL INCLUSIVE informed guests that the water in the tap was potable, possibly in an attempt to save more bottles. When visiting Maldives, it is best to stick with bottled water as this is safer and when in doubt, always ask. To be safe avoid the tap water and be weary of anything with ice as it may have been made from the tap water. Salads and fruits could have also been washed in the tap water so be careful with those foods as well.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Scubaspa Yang - 09 Jan 2021 - from €2,014.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (15% OFF)
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Scubaspa Ying - 13 Feb 2021 - from €2,014.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (15% OFF)
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Coffee and Soft Drinks
Coffee and soft drinks are available in nearly every hotel and resort in the country as well. As in bars, the price of fruit juices is too high. Lemon or lime juice, or better still soda, is just what you need to dry and push through. Fruits are widespread and cheap throughout the region, a fruit drink is a good thing, but you have to pay 6 - 12 dollars per glass. Delicious. Pineapple and mango are also cheap during the season and make good juices.
As for alcohol, beer prevails. Heineken and Carlsberg are famous brands, the Singapore-based Tiger is a great beer, as is Lion from Sri Lanka and San Miguel from the Philippines. Diversity is a matter of chance, but if you have preferences or suggestions for change, pass your suggestions to the F & B manager. He or she always loves feedback.
Light beer, or rather "lager", that seems right in the tropics, when you want to refresh yourself with depth, complexity and strength.
Many resorts offer cocktail hours and all have a comprehensive cocktail menu. There is no local or regional alcohol, with the exception of Sri Lankan arak whiskey - but a selection of cocktails with coconut, pineapple and lime blends will help you to decompress. You can even try the Maldivian Lady.
For daily drinking, with the exception of beer, let us recommend two simple cocktails to you. The first is a good gin and tonic - lots of ice and a thick slice of lemon to make up for sweetness. It looks like a tropical cliché, perhaps even with colonial connotations, but very often this drink saves during the wild heat. Another choice is frozen margarita. When the mixture is correct, the ice is finely crumbled and salt is placed around the rim - this is a perfect sip.
Wine from the wine list is suitable for every occasion. Unfortunately, most resorts store only a couple of red and a couple of white, which are not good and inexpensive. This is a real shame, and more claims to the F & B manager should restore order on your desk.
On the other hand, the prestigious luxury hotels compete fiercely with each other for bragging rights. Many of them have wine cellars that can hold 5,000 or more bottles. Sommeliers are always ready to discuss and recommend, hold wine tastings and organize five-course dinners.
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 29.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Four Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Seaside Finolhu: Playground for Tennis Lovers through Exciting Partnership with LUX Tennis
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More