All tap water in each Maldives' hotel is desalted, and is produced at its own cleaning station at each resort. This means that it is potable. Several resorts, especially Italian ones, place a sign next to the sinks saying “not drinking”, possibly in an attempt to sell more bottled water. In fact, you can drink it. At least one resort ALL INCLUSIVE informed guests that the water in the tap was potable, possibly in an attempt to save more bottles. When visiting Maldives, it is best to stick with bottled water as this is safer and when in doubt, always ask. To be safe avoid the tap water and be weary of anything with ice as it may have been made from the tap water. Salads and fruits could have also been washed in the tap water so be careful with those foods as well.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (01.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Coffee and Soft Drinks
Coffee and soft drinks are available in nearly every hotel and resort in the country as well. As in bars, the price of fruit juices is too high. Lemon or lime juice, or better still soda, is just what you need to dry and push through. Fruits are widespread and cheap throughout the region, a fruit drink is a good thing, but you have to pay 6 - 12 dollars per glass. Delicious. Pineapple and mango are also cheap during the season and make good juices.
As for alcohol, beer prevails. Heineken and Carlsberg are famous brands, the Singapore-based Tiger is a great beer, as is Lion from Sri Lanka and San Miguel from the Philippines. Diversity is a matter of chance, but if you have preferences or suggestions for change, pass your suggestions to the F & B manager. He or she always loves feedback.
Light beer, or rather "lager", that seems right in the tropics, when you want to refresh yourself with depth, complexity and strength.
Many resorts offer cocktail hours and all have a comprehensive cocktail menu. There is no local or regional alcohol, with the exception of Sri Lankan arak whiskey - but a selection of cocktails with coconut, pineapple and lime blends will help you to decompress. You can even try the Maldivian Lady.
For daily drinking, with the exception of beer, let us recommend two simple cocktails to you. The first is a good gin and tonic - lots of ice and a thick slice of lemon to make up for sweetness. It looks like a tropical cliché, perhaps even with colonial connotations, but very often this drink saves during the wild heat. Another choice is frozen margarita. When the mixture is correct, the ice is finely crumbled and salt is placed around the rim - this is a perfect sip.
Wine from the wine list is suitable for every occasion. Unfortunately, most resorts store only a couple of red and a couple of white, which are not good and inexpensive. This is a real shame, and more claims to the F & B manager should restore order on your desk.
On the other hand, the prestigious luxury hotels compete fiercely with each other for bragging rights. Many of them have wine cellars that can hold 5,000 or more bottles. Sommeliers are always ready to discuss and recommend, hold wine tastings and organize five-course dinners.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Crown & Champa Resorts OFFERS: UP to 40% OFF; Hot deals are extended with booking window till 31 March
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Accorhotels Maldives: Maldives destination offer
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer from $337.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 01.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Lily Beach extend free PCR testing offer
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- The St Regis Maldives Resort wins prestigious Forbes Honour
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra’s Vacay at Seaside Finolhu
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Dhigali Family Escape: The Maldives Island for All Ages
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More