The 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
Best Maldives Resorts for Singles
Though the Maldives is a romantic destination, the beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters housing an amazing marine life, have a universal appeal. It's not only for honeymooners and romance – Maldives is the perfect luxury getaway to escape to if you’re travelling solo.
With plenty to see and do, best resorts in the Maldives can offer to every solo traveler rooms for singles, daily activities and lively communal spaces that better meet their needs. However as solo trips continue to gain popularity, some hotels offer more flexible accommodation options, amenities and special perks to singles than others.
Whether you're looking to unwind on the beach or explore an underwater world, these top hotels for solo travelers in the Maldives that're guarantee a fabulous vacation alone.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 4O% OFF
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct and get additional 15% off, FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 45% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: All Meals Included. from US$350
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Perfect for: adults only, all-inclusive, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Travelling solo gives you the chance to self-indulge, and where better to do so than at Komandoo Maldives ? Located on its own private island of Lhaviyani atoll the adults-only, boutique resort is perfectly-tailored to independent travellers who want a holiday on their own terms. There are 5 reasons why:
- Komandoo welcomes guests aged 18 and over, that peace won’t be disturbed.
- Tiny and friendly island, the guests feel yourself as at home on Komandoo and the resort's attentive team of champions will welcome you in the bars and restaurants, quickly learning your favourite tipple and love nothing more than a chat.
- Wide array of activities: Be as busy (or chilled) as you please, at Komandoo you can follow your own pace and get experience all that the Maldives has to offer. From must-do excursions to the world-renowned reefs and incredible marine life while scuba diving or snorkelling, explore the sparkling lagoons with the Ocean Watersports team.
- Well-being Treats: Indulge in the Duniye Spa signature massage or arrange a yoga session for a great start to the day.
- Carefree All-Inclusive: A vacation should be a time to let go of everyday worries and Komandoo's all inclusive packages mean you can do just that! Read Full Review
Best Experience: OverWater Bungalows, Honeymoon, Beaches, scuba diving
With blindingly white sands and impossibly azure waters designed for couples the Maldives might not be the first place that comes to mind when thinking of a holiday destination as a solo traveller, but it’s not all honeymooners and romance – Gili Lankanfushi is the perfect resort to escape to if you’re travelling alone.
Till 17th Dec 2021 Gili offers a brand new 'Gili Solo Experience' package designed for solo travelers looking to treat themselves — majorly. The No News, No Shoes barefoot luxury resort offers saves guests 25 percent on room rates in the villa of their choice for a minimum four nights’ stay (if you’re really looking for privacy, book a Crusoe Residence). Half board meals are a part of the package, so their extensive, top-notch breakfast — including a new cold room with charcuterie, cheeses, cereals, and homemade chocolate — and dinner buffets are included. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
Perfect: for Honeymoon, Beach, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
If you are looking for a surprisingly romantic and untouched island with modern amenities and luxury services, Mirihi is exactly the magical place that you are looking for! The resorts’s water villas with panoramic views of the ocean give solo visitors the chance to unwind in private. It's just a perfect room that's right for you and an accommodation on a single basis gives you a 30% off!
Mirihi is considered as being one of the smallest islands in the Maldives and offers 37 villas, and has its own and unique style, filled with luxury and comfortable features that you can expect from any large 5 * resort. The solo trip in Maldives also comes with several once-in-a-lifetime experiences. With one of the best house reefs in the country, snorkeling in Mirihi is an easy necessity. Discover the beauty of marine life with a night dive, or with whale sharks and manta rays trips. In a place as jaw-droppingly beautiful as this, you’ll need plenty of photos. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: There are no kids on the island - this is a big plus; all inclusive, a magnificent overwater villas with stunning views of the lagoon; Superb house reef snorkeling, a fantastic '5.8 Undersea' restaurant
Though normally perceived as a honeymoon destination, Hurawalhi Island Resort is a beautiful oasis that welcomes solo travellers seeking a luxury getaway. Ecologically innovative, a new 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and child-politicy over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi offers its own look at Paradise.
With 90 villas, Hurawalhi resort allows guests to sit back and relax with the all-inclusive plan which includes accommodation, food and beverages, plus a range of complimentary activities like a sunset Dolphin cruise or snorkelling excursion. Additionally, the in-house Duniye Spa and its team of certified professionals are ready and waiting to guide guests on a holistic, relaxing journey. In fact, one visit to the resort is hardly enough to experience it all. Read Full Review
Best Experience: Water Villas, Dining, Honeymoon, Spa
Whether you’re after a diving, water sports, gastronomic, or wellness retreat, Velassaru Maldives is for you. Owned and operated by leading local hotel group Universal Resorts, Velassaru is located in South Male Atoll and accessible by a short 25-minute speedboat ride from the main Velana International Airport. From transfers, to accommodations, and even activities, Velassaru will take the stress out of planning your solo trip and give you more time to enjoy yourself.
Velassaru offers luxurious beachfront and overwater accommodation with uninterrupted ocean views. A wide variety of international specialities are offered at Velassaru’s five restaurants, the two beach bars serve cocktails and wines. Guests can enjoy relaxing spa treatments in overwater pavilions, or hop on a Maldivian boat and watch the crew demonstrate traditional fishing methods. Other resort facilities include a fitness centre, tennis court and infinity pool with the view of the beach and the ocean. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: Adults Only, All Inclusive, Spa, Wellness, Diving
Kagi Maldives Spa Island is an adults only boutique retreat located in the North Malé Atoll only a 60-minute speedboat journey from Male Airport. With an accent on wellness and combining it with airy, spacious villas both over-water and on the beach, Kagi Maldives is a fusion of tradition and contemporary design, warm service and total relaxation. The 5-star resort has 50 beach and overwater villas, as well as house a state-of-the-art gym, two restaurants, three bars and a PADI dive centre. Read MoreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: Couples, Families, All Inclusive, diving
The newest addition to the Maldives luxury hotel collection Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa is a haven for solo travellers to Feel at one with nature. An emphasis on local materials and harmonising with the environment are hallmark of the new five-star resort. Since it opened last August 2019, this property – a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World – has been an instant hit as guests flock to see its beach club up close and fall in love with its string of luxurious overwater villas.
Just outstanding beach getaway - from the incredibly luxurious villas, to the great food, to the incomparable excellence of all services. With so much dining options choice, the only tricky thing will be deciding which restaurant to try next. Emerald Maldives is all about making life easier, which is why its Deluxe All-Inclusive concept means you do not have to fumble around for your wallet every time you order an ice cream – it is all taken care of. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: Coples., Families, All Inclusive, Activities, Value
Meeru Island Resort & Spa welcomes you to a tranquil tropical paradise of palm trees and white sandy beaches. Meeru’s uniqueness lies in the fact that it welcomes all kinds of travellers- couples, families and solo travellers looking for a Maldivian adventure. Meeru has the perfect balance of romance and adventure, making it an excellent choice for solo travel. The size of the island, the variety of things to do, the warmth and hospitality offered guarantee that you are taken care of when travelling by yourself.
Located 55-minute scenic speedboat transfer from Male airport there are variety of rooms from Garden Rooms, Beach Villas, Jacuzzi Beach Villas, Water Front Villas and Jacuzzi Water Villas in Meeru. All these rooms are decked out for your utmost comfort to stay alone. On both land and sea, there is a variety of excursions and water sports that you can try out. The resort has separate adults-only and family-friendly facilities making it ideal for couples and families alike. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: Couples, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling, Value
Escape the bustling crowds and find your way to Nika Island, unique, beautiful, stylish and private hidden in the North Ari atoll. People fall in love with Nika. They cannot forbid themselves to return here year after year, attracted by the irresistible beauty and individuality of the place.
With a wide range of activities on offer, guests will never feel alone as they snorkeling the amazing house reef, enjoy a cocktail at one of the two beach bars or relax on the sun loungers overlooking the sea. Meal options are flexible, and restaurant maintenance time is not. The resort has a spa, a PADI diving center, free Wi-Fi and many beautiful, wild greenery. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: Surfing, Couples, Families, Value, All Inclusive
With its excellent surfing and great All Inclusive value Cinnamon Dhonveli makes for an excellent solo break in Maldives. Imagine world class waves, crowd of like-minded people, superb diving, amazing villas, exceptional dining and fun activities.Singles travellers in particular like the location - a 20-minute speedboat transfer, from Male International Airport. So, if your bucket list is looking neglected, don’t wait for your mates to help achieve your surf travel goal. Read Full ReviewCheck Availability and Prices
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Blue Voyager - 22 Oct 2022 - from €1,938.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - 10% OFF
- Emperor Virgo - 28 Aug 2022 - from €1,545.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - €200 OFF! Rates include discounts
- Princess Sara - 06 Aug 2022 - from €1,278.00 - Best of Central Atolls (Male - Male) - 10% OFF
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More