10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
Ten Tips to save Money when Booking Your Maldives Vacation
Booking a hotel in the Maldives can be a stressful and time-consuming activity that starts with a fun sense of anticipation but ends up taking hours of your life – and you still don’t know if you made the right choice. Sound familiar? We are here to help!
We have compiled this list of 10 important steps to consider when booking a hotel in Maldives by combining our local knowledge of the island nation with our years of making mistakes when booking hotels around the world. Some of these insider tips can be used when booking a hotel in any country in the world while others are more specific to the Maldives only.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: SUMMER SALE - 35% OFF + free transfer for min 5 nights stay. Book by 31 Jun for stays till 31 Dec, 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $335/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 Aug 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
An obvious one but with good reason, the location of your hotel in the Maldives is of vital importance. For short holiday, choose a hotel located as close to the Male Airport as possible as this saves money and time.
It’s also important to check surroundings of the resort as beaches, house reefs for snorkelling, best dive sites and other attractions nearby are preferable for obvious reasons. It’s a good idea to check out the hotel on Google Maps to see the neighbourhood for yourself
This should become part of the hotel booking process no matter where you are travelling to. When you have decided on the area, type or even a shortlist of hotels you are interested in, use genuine customer reviews to see what other travellers think about each hotel because, trust us, photographs can often give distorted views of reality – particularly in properties ranked four stars or below. Learn more
Many OTAs offer great deals to secure loyal customers which can have a huge impact on the cost of a hotel in Maldives. Among the best deals are found on agoda.com or hotels.com which offers exclusive Hotel Rewards, which gives you a night absolutely free for every 10 that you book. Rewards can be saved up over time too, so you don’t have to book it all in one go.
How spacious is the actual room I booked? Do you provide the free Internet connectionin or toiletries in the room? Even when booking through an online travel agent, you can ask any questions you might have by using the comment field on the booking page, and with free cancellations – you can always cancel if the answer is not to your liking. Read more
In the Maldives of ever-expanding resorts choice, how do you decide which island is right for you? What motivates your travels, what drives your hotel selection? The white sands, crystal clear waters and amazing marine life you’ll encounter in the Maldives can be as varied as the different hotels and resorts you’ll find on it's beaches.
Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic getaway, some family fun or the chance to dive into the gourmet cuisine, we’ve come up with an outstanding list of the luxury resorts in Maldives to match every type of escape or mood. Read more
This day, the terms, “lockdown” and “self-isolation” andare buzzwords, giving definition to many people’s new reality: staying indoors. Travel might be on pause in these unprecedented times, but data reveals that this hasn’t stopped people across the world from dreaming about its possibilities and deciding where to enjoy your next holiday or vacation.
Given that the health and safety of the guests have highest priority, the resorts in Maldives have upgraded it's standards to ensure the health and safety of guests throughout their experience implemening best practices to prepare for, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
So we compiled the top 10 luxury resorts in the Maldives to enjoy post pandemic vacation and to rediscover the memories of the beautiful islands.
All these properties have updated its cleanliness policy in preparation for a post-coronavirus world, committing to a higher standard of hygiene across its hotels and resorts. Read more
Another important thing to consider is the meal plans offered by the resort. Does the cost you paid for your room include breakfast? Unlimited free Wi-Fi or water sports activities are includede in your All Inclusive package? How about seaplane transfer? Make sure you check carefully what you do and don’t get as you may have to pay later which could inconvenience you or even end up costing you more. While bed+breakfast Maldives vacation sounds like a good idea, you'll find all-inclusive concept and various meal plans at mostly luxury resorts. Read more
With a mix that makes it a perfect destination for romance, self-discovery or a relaxing vacation it's no wonder the Maldives evoke visions of paradise, seducing honeymooners, romantics, adventurers and families looking for escape.
One question always being asked is - which is better, a Maldives beach villa or a over-water villa? Most of the resorts offer both accommodation on the island to cater to guests’ preference. Whether you are looking for an overwater bungalow surrounded by crystal clear blue water or an exclusive beach villa with pool in a luxury Maldives resorts, we can help you find the right accommodation option for your desires and budget. READ MORE
The world is gradually opening its borders, which means it's time to plan your next trip with more confidence. Every resort in Maldives gives you the ultimate retreat to add a finishing flourish to your holiday in Asia. You can to combine your diverse destinations with a moment of tropical bliss in the Maldives. Some honeymooners choose to spend for a few days in Dubai, India, Singapore, Thailand, and even Bali which are all easily accessible from the Maldives.
Sri Lanka and the Maldives are a classic combination. With short connecting flights from Colombo, you can move from enjoying the wildlife, history and culture of Sri Lanka to laying back, cocktail in hand, on those perfect Maldivian beaches within just a couple of hours.
One of the best times to visit the Maldives is between December and April, when the skies are nearly always clear and blue, making it a great combination with Thailand.
One exciting option is to add a few days in the Maldives onto a holiday in Singapore. Direct flights from Singapore to Male get you to your Maldives resort with ease so you can optimise that relaxed time-out. Find Cheap Flights
For a taste of something different, luxury boutique resorts in the Maldives come in ever more elaborate styles and can be found right across the country. Boutique hotels in Maldives are the rule, not the exception and many exclusive resorts offer less than 50 rooms. Whether you’re interested in traditional Maldivian ambience complete with tranquility and privacy among the crystal clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches and an amazing marine life, you can find a boutique island resort to fit your needs in Maldives. Read more
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Blue Force One - 21 Aug 2021 - from €1,306.00 - Central Atolls Classical Route - $300 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Emperor Voyager - 09 Oct 2021 - from €1,449.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €200 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Soleil 2 -11 Sep 2021 - from €1,135.00 - Ari, Vaavu Classic Route -(15% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 06 Mar 2022 - from €1,241.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until May 31, 2021 .(16% OFF)
- Carpe Diem - 07 Aug 2021 - from €1,655.00 - North Male - Baa - Raa - Baa - Rasdhoo - Ari - Vaavu - South Male (Male-Male) - (15% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 19 Dec 2021 - from €1,799.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €350 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Horizon 3 - 21 Nov 2021 - from €1,938.00 - Best of the Central Atolls (Male-Male) - $350 OFF! Rates include discount. Valid until June 30, 2021. Contact us for details.
- Princess Dhonkamana - 07 Aug 2021 - from €1,060.00 - Classic Maldives - (31% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 18.06.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Finolhu Maldives Culinary Adventure Offer
- The Most Blissful Spa Treatments at Veligandu Island
- Vakkaru Maldives launches First-Ever ‘Baa Atoll Big Five’ Safari
- The Maldives Most Ethical Burger?
- Hilton Hotels signs Fourth Resort in the Maldives, Amingiri
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives celebrates World Sea Turtle Day 2021
- Advance Purchase Savings with Niyama Maldives
- Finolhu Maldives Escapade on Last Minute
- Noku Maldives has welcomes new Assistant Sales Director
- Kiara Advani holidays at Anantara Kihavah Maldives. Video
- Summer Family Vacations with a Twist at Seaside Finolhu Maldives
- Romantic Getaway offer for Couples at Noku Maldives
- Cocoon Maldives wins TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2021
- Dine Sustainably at Amilla Maldives
- 10 Maldives All-Inclusive resorts with Food Worth Traveling for
- Boost Your Well-Being on Vacation at Marriott Bonvoy resorts in Maldives
- Meet the new face of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More