10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
Ten Tips to save Money when Booking Your Maldives Vacation
Booking a hotel in the Maldives can be a stressful and time-consuming activity that starts with a fun sense of anticipation but ends up taking hours of your life – and you still don’t know if you made the right choice. Sound familiar? We are here to help!
We have compiled this list of 10 important steps to consider when booking a hotel in Maldives by combining our local knowledge of the island nation with our years of making mistakes when booking hotels around the world. Some of these insider tips can be used when booking a hotel in any country in the world while others are more specific to the Maldives only.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Stories - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 30 Sep for a stay until 20 Mar 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book for 3 nights and get 20% discount. Stay Period: from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
An obvious one but with good reason, the location of your hotel in the Maldives is of vital importance. For short holiday, choose a hotel located as close to the Male Airport as possible as this saves money and time.
It’s also important to check surroundings of the resort as beaches, house reefs for snorkelling, best dive sites and other attractions nearby are preferable for obvious reasons. It’s a good idea to check out the hotel on Google Maps to see the neighbourhood for yourself
This should become part of the hotel booking process no matter where you are travelling to. When you have decided on the area, type or even a shortlist of hotels you are interested in, use genuine customer reviews to see what other travellers think about each hotel because, trust us, photographs can often give distorted views of reality – particularly in properties ranked four stars or below. Learn more
Many OTAs offer great deals to secure loyal customers which can have a huge impact on the cost of a hotel in Maldives. Among the best deals are found on agoda.com or trip.com which offers exclusive Hotel Rewards, which gives you a night absolutely free for every 10 that you book. Rewards can be saved up over time too, so you don’t have to book it all in one go.
How spacious is the actual room I booked? Do you provide the free Internet connectionin or toiletries in the room? Even when booking through an online travel agent, you can ask any questions you might have by using the comment field on the booking page, and with free cancellations – you can always cancel if the answer is not to your liking. Read more
In the Maldives of ever-expanding resorts choice, how do you decide which island is right for you? What motivates your travels, what drives your hotel selection? The white sands, crystal clear waters and amazing marine life you’ll encounter in the Maldives can be as varied as the different hotels and resorts you’ll find on it's beaches.
Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic getaway, some family fun or the chance to dive into the gourmet cuisine, we’ve come up with an outstanding list of the luxury resorts in Maldives to match every type of escape or mood. Read more
This day, the terms, “lockdown” and “self-isolation” andare buzzwords, giving definition to many people’s new reality: staying indoors. Travel might be on pause in these unprecedented times, but data reveals that this hasn’t stopped people across the world from dreaming about its possibilities and deciding where to enjoy your next holiday or vacation.
Given that the health and safety of the guests have highest priority, the resorts in Maldives have upgraded it's standards to ensure the health and safety of guests throughout their experience implemening best practices to prepare for, respond to and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
So we compiled the top 10 luxury resorts in the Maldives to enjoy post pandemic vacation and to rediscover the memories of the beautiful islands.
All these properties have updated its cleanliness policy in preparation for a post-coronavirus world, committing to a higher standard of hygiene across its hotels and resorts. Read more
Another important thing to consider is the meal plans offered by the resort. Does the cost you paid for your room include breakfast? Unlimited free Wi-Fi or water sports activities are includede in your All Inclusive package? How about seaplane transfer? Make sure you check carefully what you do and don’t get as you may have to pay later which could inconvenience you or even end up costing you more. While bed+breakfast Maldives vacation sounds like a good idea, you'll find all-inclusive concept and various meal plans at mostly luxury resorts. Read more
With a mix that makes it a perfect destination for romance, self-discovery or a relaxing vacation it's no wonder the Maldives evoke visions of paradise, seducing honeymooners, romantics, adventurers and families looking for escape.
One question always being asked is - which is better, a Maldives beach villa or a over-water villa? Most of the resorts offer both accommodation on the island to cater to guests’ preference. Whether you are looking for an overwater bungalow surrounded by crystal clear blue water or an exclusive beach villa with pool in a luxury Maldives resorts, we can help you find the right accommodation option for your desires and budget. READ MORE
The world is gradually opening its borders, which means it's time to plan your next trip with more confidence. Every resort in Maldives gives you the ultimate retreat to add a finishing flourish to your holiday in Asia. You can to combine your diverse destinations with a moment of tropical bliss in the Maldives. Some honeymooners choose to spend for a few days in Dubai, India, Singapore, Thailand, and even Bali which are all easily accessible from the Maldives.
Sri Lanka and the Maldives are a classic combination. With short connecting flights from Colombo, you can move from enjoying the wildlife, history and culture of Sri Lanka to laying back, cocktail in hand, on those perfect Maldivian beaches within just a couple of hours.
One of the best times to visit the Maldives is between December and April, when the skies are nearly always clear and blue, making it a great combination with Thailand.
One exciting option is to add a few days in the Maldives onto a holiday in Singapore. Direct flights from Singapore to Male get you to your Maldives resort with ease so you can optimise that relaxed time-out. Find Cheap Flights
For a taste of something different, luxury boutique resorts in the Maldives come in ever more elaborate styles and can be found right across the country. Boutique hotels in Maldives are the rule, not the exception and many exclusive resorts offer less than 50 rooms. Whether you’re interested in traditional Maldivian ambience complete with tranquility and privacy among the crystal clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches and an amazing marine life, you can find a boutique island resort to fit your needs in Maldives. Read more
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More