OBLU SELECT Lobigili opens Only BLU – the Largest underwater restaurant in the Maldives
Maldives Restaurants & Dining
Updated 24 June, 2022
An adults-only getaway, OBLU SELECT Lobigili has opened Only BLU the largest under ocean restaurant in the Maldives. Surrounded by exotic blue hues and a vibrant flow of marine life, this deep-sea dining is a unique dining experience of connecting with nature and loved ones. Relish impeccable modern gourmet fare and decadent desserts with a pairing of red and white wines, beer and beverages.
The restaurant is accessed through a wooden jetty between the two island resorts, OBLU SELECT Lobigili and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi. From unforgettable deep-sea dining to food trucks serving succulent grills on a starlit beach — these two new COLOURS of OBLU resorts have endless culinary delights on offer.
As guests descend 6.8 meters below sea level, they pass by an open kitchen showcasing the chefs’ artistry in an inviting display and are welcomed with canapes and sparkling wine.
Settle into one of the window tables and delight in your front-row seat to the brilliant coral reef of Lobigili island. A welcome glass of sparkling wine is served on arrival, followed by a selection of the finest hot and cold appetizers served on a three-tier stackable platter.
There is a distinctly ‘only blue’ vibe with colours, patterns, and textures all chosen to complement the spectacular ocean vistas. A horseshoe-shaped design ensures every table has its own window view of the coral reef. With a 190 sqm dining space and 46 seats, Only BLU is the largest under ocean restaurant in the Maldives.
ONLY BLU curates three-course Prix Fixe menus with the option of Meat, Seafood or Vegetarian menus. On-menu are carefully crafted dishes such as:
- Panko and Sesame Crusted Tofu served with enoki mushroom, scallion, and tossed greens
- Maldivian Yellow Fin Tuna Poke served with Peruvian avocado, Spanish onion, mango, and edamame
- Guinea Fowl Ballotine served with foie gras and wild mushroom emulsion, spinach, potato pave, and butter tossed young root vegetables
Plates of delicious appetisers and mains are stacked in rantangs (wooden stands) and placed on the table – creating a personalised culinary tower that adds an element of visual delight. The smart and discreet service keeps the focus completely on savouring the flavours and soaking in the spellbinding marine show.
At OBLU SELECT Lobigili, the Lobi PlanTM includes one complimentary dining experience at Only BLU for a minimum of four days of stay. Dining at Only BLU is not included in the Fushi PlanTM. However, guests at OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi have the option of booking lunch or dinner for an additional charge.
Speciality Food Truck Experience
For those looking to step out and relish a carefree meal on the beach, there are two vibrant food trucks – Gaadiya 17 at Lobigili island and The Copper Pot Food Truck at Ailafushi island, which serve grab-and-go style grills.
Gaadiya 17, opened on 13 June 2022, specialises in certified, farm-raised game meat. On the menu are Angus Striploin and Kobe Tataki steaks, Wild Maldivian Lobster, Lagoon Prawns, and Octopus Legs. The Copper Pot Food Truck is all about fresh Surf & Turf grills.
These aromatic and succulent dishes can be savoured by the ocean, enveloped in starry skies, soft music, and a refreshing breeze.
At OBLU SELECT Lobigili, guests can also dine at Ylang Ylang all-day restaurant and relax at the eye-catching Swing Bar with an infinity pool. Dining options at OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi include the Element X Restaurant which serves modern Western, Central Asian, and Far Eastern cuisines and X360 Bar featuring a 1000 sqm infinity pool. La Promenade, opened on 11 June 2022, offers an engaging social scene with a café and wine boutique.
Jorge Amaro, the General Manager of OBLU SELECT Lobigili and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi, says, “Our engineering teams have pulled together a remarkable feat with Only BLU – which immerses guests in a creative, soul-warming food journey. We have curated a world of exquisite flavours at both resorts. Every day brings fresh, new dining options for our guests to explore.”
OBLU SELECT Lobigili and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi are both located in North Malé Atoll, Maldives and are reachable by a convenient 15-minutes speedboat journey from Velana International Airport in Malé.
The COLOURS OF OBLU portfolio by Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts also includes – OBLU SELECT Sangeli, OBLU NATURE Helengeli and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi.
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts is a dynamic and fast-growing international hospitality company. Currently, the company is operating six resorts within the Maldives and is set to further expand in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan. AH&R’s distinguished portfolio comprises THE OZEN COLLECTION, COLOURS OF OBLU, and By Atmosphere, with a rich diversity of experiences within each of these brands. The company had two new COLOURS OF OBLU resorts: OBLU SELECT Lobigili opened on 24 March 2022 and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi set to open on 19 May 2022.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More