10 Best Things to Do in Ukulhas
Most Popular Activities in Ukulhas
The best attractions in Ukulhas prove that there’s plenty of things to do during your budget vacation in the Maldives besides relaxing on its pristine beaches. Ukulhas is an idyllic island destination that provides the ideal balance between convenience and lifestyle. It is an easily accessible location that is just one hour speedboat ride away from Male Airport. At the same time, you can expect a lot of fun as there are plenty of beach/sea activities as well as great food.
Read on for our list of the most popular things to do in Ukulhas Island.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (01.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
If diving for you sounds too difficult, you will be pleased to learn that the Maldives stand head and shoulders above any other destination in the world when it comes to snorkeling. Snorkeling in Ukulhas is one of the best ways to discover Maldives' underwater world. The island boasts a crystal clear lagoon and a house reef with an abundant marine life. To enjoy the underwater beauties around this tiny island, you only need a mask, snorkel and fins, the last gear is highly recommended because of the currents. The best snorkeling spots are on the reef's border or over drop off area. Expect to see great schools of fish and unique forms of marine life, including macro species, among other curious creatures. READ MORE
The cuisine of the Maldives is a rich assemblage of traditional flavors with strong influences from its neighboring countries, such as India and Sri Lanka. In the past, Maldivians depended on essential ingredients such as fish, coconuts, breadfruit, millet and tubers, and over time, with the influence of foreigners from ancient trade and travel, Maldivian cuisine developed a distinctive blend with its own unique flavors, symbolizing a unique culinary identity. What are the must-try food when on Ukulhas? First is Mas Huni - A prevalent food in Maldives, Mas Huni - shredded smoked Tuna, served with grated coconuts, lemon and onions is a must try. The dish is undoubtedly the most popular Maldivian breakfast, eaten with chapati bread called Roshi. Garudhiya (fragrant fish soup), Bis Keemiya (like a samosa and spring roll), Boshi Mashuni (Banana Flower Salad) and Kulhi Boakibaa (fish cake) are worth a try. And of course do not miss the chance to feast on seafood and fish. READ MORE
Fishing is must do when on Ukulhas! Fishing is one of the key activities in the Maldives and during the day Big Game Fishing almost always brings success. Ukulhas is famous for fishing for yellowfin tuna, although some fishermen like to sit on a reef or hunt for Black Marlin. Reef fishing concentrates on mainly high value fishes such as groupers, jacks, varieties of snappers and green job fish. You can spend a great fishing time with very kindly crew, excellent fishing boat for fishing, big fish and fantastic selfies to have a nice experience. READ MORE
Maldives is a paradise and one of the best beach destinations in the world, and it is very difficult to argue with this fact. The only thing you hear on the beach is the whisper of palm trees swaying in the wind, and the hiss of Indian ocean's warm waters licking powdery soft sands. If you like spending your lazy days on stretches of white beaches we are glad to tell that worthy 5-stars, beautiful bikini beach is on Ukulhas' west side with a sunset view. Another, expansive sandy place to swim, play and sunbathe in bikini is on the southern tip of Ukulhas, opposite Paguro Beach Inn, a brand new guest house with very nice rooms. The only thing you have to decide is when to flip over for the perfect, even tan! READ MORE
Experiencing the beauty of the manta ray up close and personal is an experience you will always remember. The manta rays live in the Maldives year – round, migrating from one part of the atoll to another depending on the season. Manta Ray, sometimes referred to as the “Butterflies of the Sea”, these graceful animals are a sight that must been seen in person. Mantas are beautiful sea creatures that live in warm tropical waters. Their side fins have evolved into wide triangular wings with which they use to “fly” through the water. A snorkeling trip to the Manta Ray Point near Ukulhas Island can never be missed to regret while spending a holiday here. READ MORE
Diving is one of the prime activities in Ukulhas and the island counts has a serious and professional PADI dive centre dispensing courses – from Disvover Scuba Diving to Divemaster – and day trips to the many world-class dive sites available around Ukulhas waters. Ari Atoll provides a full range of underwater adventures, and many divers consider these waters to be the finest in the Maldives. Expect to see carpets of colorful coral, manta rays, turtles, sharks, including whale sharks and other pelagics. Amongst the most notable dive sites of the area, Maaya Thila, Hammerhead Shark Point, Fish Head Thila and Fesdhoo Wreck. READ MORE
Sometimes a romantic dinner by the ocean is all you need to escape reality for a while and just be in the moment. For a romantic celebration or an exclusive dinner gathering, oceanfront dining on the beach or under the stars presents a great way to experience the Island’s unique location. The experience comes complete with dreamy lights, dazzling ocean views, and a private chef who will take care of everything.
Al fresco dining in the Maldives is a must and Ukulhas offers you the stunning beaches, ocean backdrops and ideal setting for an intimate, romantic evening.
Surprise your loved one with a private and secluded dinner on the beach, “under the stars” at the water’s edge that you will both remember forever.
For Honeymooners or Couples, we try to pay a special attention, so that the beginning of their married life is as beautiful and as memorable as they could have ever imagined. READ MORE
Dreaming to spend a day out around the clear waters of the island enjoying a packed lunch or barbecue, while playing fun beach games? And how about having it on the beautiful picnic islands of Maldives? Picnic islands are small deserted islands that have a balance natural beauty and setup. Fushi is a small island near by, just 1 mile away from Ukulhas. Fushi is one of the favorite place of locals and tourist alike. The picnic island trip gives you more privacy and an environment is more naturally beautiful than a luxury resorts. Enjoy swimming in the turquoise waters, private sunbathing, snorkeling, or a BBQ grill on the beach. So, whether you are traveling solo or with your family, a day out at a picnic island is a must.
The Sand Banks close by Ukulhas are one of the must to try while spending a Holiday at her in Ukulhas. Sandbank is a tiny island, which is surrounded by amazing and sparkling seas in the most astonishing shades of green and blue shades. There are many sandbanks around Ukulhas Island and that too in different shapes and sizes. The Sandbanks have nothing, but pure and white sand that is encircled with the clear lagoons. You can enjoy swimming, snorkeling and sunbathing or book it as a private island as a couple. Swimming in the Clear Turquoise water at a Sand Bank can never be forgotten once experienced here in Ukulhas.
Ukulhas is surrounded by some upmarket luxury resorts with a whole heap of activities, dining options and much more. The day visit resort trip is an activity which gives you the feel of how it is like to enjoy a holiday in Maldives resort. Vacationing in Maldives resorts is an experience in many tourist wishlist. However, due to the expensiveness of the accommodation and facilities in resorts, to afford a holiday in these luxurious resort may be a dream for many travelers. But it is possible to explore a resort trip during your holiday in Maldives on a budget. On this luxury activity you will get to enjoy the pristine beach of a resort and to snorkel in the vibrant coral house reef. You can also participate with resort entertainment facilities during your day visit.Â That's not all, you will also be able to enjoy a sip of beer or wine while you enjoy the beautiful horizon of Indian Ocean. Alcohol serving is prohibited in local islands by Maldives Islamic law, alcohol beverages are only available in Resorts and permitted safaris. READ MORE
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Resorts: EASTER BREAK offer - UP to 40% OFF; book till 10 March, stay till 15th of May 2021
- Crown & Champa Resorts OFFERS: UP to 40% OFF; Hot deals are extended with booking window till 31 March
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Accorhotels Maldives: Maldives destination offer
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer from $337.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Hotels
Recent Posts 06.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Experience fun family vacations in the Maldives with latest hotel deals and special offers!
- Enjoy Fantastic Vacation in Maldives 2021 with Crown & Champa Resorts special offers
- Anantara Kihavah unveils collection of Luxury Private Pool Residences
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives has announced its partnership with Jean-Michel Cousteau
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO hosts Indian Celebrity wedding
- LUX* Maldives Luxury Resorts announces new appointments
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More