10 Best Things to Do in Ukulhas
Most Popular Activities in Ukulhas
The best attractions in Ukulhas prove that there’s plenty of things to do during your budget vacation in the Maldives besides relaxing on its pristine beaches. Ukulhas is an idyllic island destination that provides the ideal balance between convenience and lifestyle. It is an easily accessible location that is just one hour speedboat ride away from Male Airport. At the same time, you can expect a lot of fun as there are plenty of beach/sea activities as well as great food.
Read on for our list of the most popular things to do in Ukulhas Island.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Scubaspa Yang - 09 Jan 2021 - from €2,014.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (15% OFF)
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Scubaspa Ying - 13 Feb 2021 - from €2,014.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (15% OFF)
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
If diving for you sounds too difficult, you will be pleased to learn that the Maldives stand head and shoulders above any other destination in the world when it comes to snorkeling. Snorkeling in Ukulhas is one of the best ways to discover Maldives' underwater world. The island boasts a crystal clear lagoon and a house reef with an abundant marine life. To enjoy the underwater beauties around this tiny island, you only need a mask, snorkel and fins, the last gear is highly recommended because of the currents. The best snorkeling spots are on the reef's border or over drop off area. Expect to see great schools of fish and unique forms of marine life, including macro species, among other curious creatures. READ MORE
The cuisine of the Maldives is a rich assemblage of traditional flavors with strong influences from its neighboring countries, such as India and Sri Lanka. In the past, Maldivians depended on essential ingredients such as fish, coconuts, breadfruit, millet and tubers, and over time, with the influence of foreigners from ancient trade and travel, Maldivian cuisine developed a distinctive blend with its own unique flavors, symbolizing a unique culinary identity. What are the must-try food when on Ukulhas? First is Mas Huni - A prevalent food in Maldives, Mas Huni - shredded smoked Tuna, served with grated coconuts, lemon and onions is a must try. The dish is undoubtedly the most popular Maldivian breakfast, eaten with chapati bread called Roshi. Garudhiya (fragrant fish soup), Bis Keemiya (like a samosa and spring roll), Boshi Mashuni (Banana Flower Salad) and Kulhi Boakibaa (fish cake) are worth a try. And of course do not miss the chance to feast on seafood and fish. READ MORE
Fishing is must do when on Ukulhas! Fishing is one of the key activities in the Maldives and during the day Big Game Fishing almost always brings success. Ukulhas is famous for fishing for yellowfin tuna, although some fishermen like to sit on a reef or hunt for Black Marlin. Reef fishing concentrates on mainly high value fishes such as groupers, jacks, varieties of snappers and green job fish. You can spend a great fishing time with very kindly crew, excellent fishing boat for fishing, big fish and fantastic selfies to have a nice experience. READ MORE
Maldives is a paradise and one of the best beach destinations in the world, and it is very difficult to argue with this fact. The only thing you hear on the beach is the whisper of palm trees swaying in the wind, and the hiss of Indian ocean's warm waters licking powdery soft sands. If you like spending your lazy days on stretches of white beaches we are glad to tell that worthy 5-stars, beautiful bikini beach is on Ukulhas' west side with a sunset view. Another, expansive sandy place to swim, play and sunbathe in bikini is on the southern tip of Ukulhas, opposite Paguro Beach Inn, a brand new guest house with very nice rooms. The only thing you have to decide is when to flip over for the perfect, even tan! READ MORE
Experiencing the beauty of the manta ray up close and personal is an experience you will always remember. The manta rays live in the Maldives year – round, migrating from one part of the atoll to another depending on the season. Manta Ray, sometimes referred to as the “Butterflies of the Sea”, these graceful animals are a sight that must been seen in person. Mantas are beautiful sea creatures that live in warm tropical waters. Their side fins have evolved into wide triangular wings with which they use to “fly” through the water. A snorkeling trip to the Manta Ray Point near Ukulhas Island can never be missed to regret while spending a holiday here. READ MORE
Diving is one of the prime activities in Ukulhas and the island counts has a serious and professional PADI dive centre dispensing courses – from Disvover Scuba Diving to Divemaster – and day trips to the many world-class dive sites available around Ukulhas waters. Ari Atoll provides a full range of underwater adventures, and many divers consider these waters to be the finest in the Maldives. Expect to see carpets of colorful coral, manta rays, turtles, sharks, including whale sharks and other pelagics. Amongst the most notable dive sites of the area, Maaya Thila, Hammerhead Shark Point, Fish Head Thila and Fesdhoo Wreck. READ MORE
Sometimes a romantic dinner by the ocean is all you need to escape reality for a while and just be in the moment. For a romantic celebration or an exclusive dinner gathering, oceanfront dining on the beach or under the stars presents a great way to experience the Island’s unique location. The experience comes complete with dreamy lights, dazzling ocean views, and a private chef who will take care of everything.
Al fresco dining in the Maldives is a must and Ukulhas offers you the stunning beaches, ocean backdrops and ideal setting for an intimate, romantic evening.
Surprise your loved one with a private and secluded dinner on the beach, “under the stars” at the water’s edge that you will both remember forever.
For Honeymooners or Couples, we try to pay a special attention, so that the beginning of their married life is as beautiful and as memorable as they could have ever imagined. READ MORE
Dreaming to spend a day out around the clear waters of the island enjoying a packed lunch or barbecue, while playing fun beach games? And how about having it on the beautiful picnic islands of Maldives? Picnic islands are small deserted islands that have a balance natural beauty and setup. Fushi is a small island near by, just 1 mile away from Ukulhas. Fushi is one of the favorite place of locals and tourist alike. The picnic island trip gives you more privacy and an environment is more naturally beautiful than a luxury resorts. Enjoy swimming in the turquoise waters, private sunbathing, snorkeling, or a BBQ grill on the beach. So, whether you are traveling solo or with your family, a day out at a picnic island is a must.
The Sand Banks close by Ukulhas are one of the must to try while spending a Holiday at her in Ukulhas. Sandbank is a tiny island, which is surrounded by amazing and sparkling seas in the most astonishing shades of green and blue shades. There are many sandbanks around Ukulhas Island and that too in different shapes and sizes. The Sandbanks have nothing, but pure and white sand that is encircled with the clear lagoons. You can enjoy swimming, snorkeling and sunbathing or book it as a private island as a couple. Swimming in the Clear Turquoise water at a Sand Bank can never be forgotten once experienced here in Ukulhas.
Ukulhas is surrounded by some upmarket luxury resorts with a whole heap of activities, dining options and much more. The day visit resort trip is an activity which gives you the feel of how it is like to enjoy a holiday in Maldives resort. Vacationing in Maldives resorts is an experience in many tourist wishlist. However, due to the expensiveness of the accommodation and facilities in resorts, to afford a holiday in these luxurious resort may be a dream for many travelers. But it is possible to explore a resort trip during your holiday in Maldives on a budget. On this luxury activity you will get to enjoy the pristine beach of a resort and to snorkel in the vibrant coral house reef. You can also participate with resort entertainment facilities during your day visit.Â That's not all, you will also be able to enjoy a sip of beer or wine while you enjoy the beautiful horizon of Indian Ocean. Alcohol serving is prohibited in local islands by Maldives Islamic law, alcohol beverages are only available in Resorts and permitted safaris. READ MORE
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Hotels
Recent Posts 29.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Four Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Seaside Finolhu: Playground for Tennis Lovers through Exciting Partnership with LUX Tennis
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More