Sea Underwater Restaurant at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
World-class Dining Experiences in the Maldives
Dine beneath the ocean's surface or perched over water? Crab Sebastian may have had something in mind when he said that life is better under water - at least when it comes to Gourmet meals under the ocean’s waves. The Anantara believes in one-of-a-kind experiences. And at SEA, perhaps one of the only underwater restaurants in the world with an award-winning wine cellar, your tasting journey takes place in the most surreal of settings. If you want to tick off the “what not to miss in the Maldives” to pamper yourself with the incredible tasting menu, then the world's first underwater restaurant with a wine cellar should be your dream.
And this is not just The Sea restaurant where you will dine - these are the pristine turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean that caress the shores of the private island in Baa Atoll in the Maldives, which is home to one of the most luxurious resorts on earth, Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas.
The Maldives has long been a premium destination for luxury travel, but the country does not calm down in its role on the world tourism scene, it still offers a world-class experience that has no equal. One of them is the signature Sea Restaurant in Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas and in fact it is the first underwater restaurant in the whole world with a wine cellar. Here you can dine on the most exquisite dishes, while a clown fishes examines you through thick glass and drink famous fine wines, while reef sharks glide out of the blue depths.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Ari Queen - 07 Jan 2023 - from €1,816.00 - Classic Central (Male - Male) - 7 Nights - Save up to $428 OFF! Rates include discounts. (23/9)
- Emperor Explorer - 02 Apr 2023 - from €2,336.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 07 Jan 2023 - from €2,021.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! Also available for group bookings. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 01 Jan 2023 - from €2,111.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 01 Jan 2023 - from €1,940.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 14 Jan 2023 - from €1,886.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
It is difficult to describe the surreal experience of staying inside an aquarium - only you are not the one who examines the samples; they consider you. You are a sample. In the end, you plunged into your territory. This is partly due to the restaurant's intimate size - only 30 places and a cozy interior, where everyone feels like in a secret lair. With comfortable tables attached to glass walls, each individual table has a seat in the first row in its private underwater theater.
The food should be pretty spectacular to divert your attention from the fantastic landscapes, but the chefs at Sea have carefully created a phenomenal menu that draws your attention without being distracted by the sights of the marine life. You can choose a four-course tasting menu or, if you have a blue whale appetite, you can order seven gourmet dishes. The beauty of the small menu is that it is not installed - you can simply choose the four dishes that most tickle your taste.
Since some guests are planning to go snorkeling in the morning, it’s best to stop on four plates - that's enough - with the addition of wine, of course. However, in The Sea standard restaurant, four servings will never be so huge, and you will be presented with a wonderful funny bouquet of mouth-watering pieces, one of which is pure tomato consum, thin but packaged in flavor, accompanied by sliced quail egg on diapermice. These little treats will kindle your tastes like tiny fluorescent fish playing over a reef, drawing your attention to the plates in front of you.
Our first dish comes to the table: a freshly caught medallion of a Maldivian stone lobster served with young caramelized organic vegetables. The huge fin of the lobster tail amazes us with its size, and it is obscured by the glossy coral emulsion - the salty, but oily, labial effect of the caviar is addictive. The taste is sweet and juicy, while still light enough to welcome the next dish.
Then comes a plate with Saint-Jacques scallops - a huge disk of fleshy scallops stewed in beetroot juice, with aged vinegar Banyuls, which gives it a great caramel flavor. The scallop practically evaporates in your mouth, it is so exquisitely prepared, and purple potato dumplings with scattered crystals of sea salt, balance the sweetness. Food doesn’t get better than Sauvignon Blanc Life from Stone, South Africa - the minerality of flint, tropical passion fruit explosion and citrus ling, creating a perfectly balanced mix.
Also delicious as Foie Gras and the baked version of sea bream, we leave them both for the thoroughbred Japanese main course Miyazaki Wagyu ... Rolls Royce from meat. It meets all expectations - velvety soft, leaving an oily iron tongue on the taste buds. Combined with Italian wine Tignanello, with hints of red fruits, rosemary, licorice and chocolate, it provides a striking combination.
Regardless of how full you are, you have to leave room for dessert, because Praline Chocolate Sphere is as impressive as it looks - and it looks quite impressive. A ball of hardened chocolate is placed in a sugar nest, only so that everything dissolves before our eyes when warm fudge pours on it. This is a meal of several textures that come together to create an attractive dining experience. A generous finale for a great tasting menu.
Fascinating food becomes unforgettable thanks to the constant 'wow' and 'ohm' towards the sea life passing by you - watching the shark glide a few inches while you enjoy your last breath of wine - this is what will remain forever in the memories - what others restaurants can only hope to imitate.
When you look at the turquoise ocean from the Anantara Kihavah jetty, it is easy to think that you are experiencing the epitome of luxury. But wait until you get under the surface - because the food in the Sea takes things to a completely different level.
Naturally expect high prices for experience of this kind. Breakfast at The Sea costs $ 200 / person, a 7-course tasting menu - $ 345 / person; 4 courses - $ 295 / person. For wine, plus another 145-195 US dollars
Breakfast: 8.30 am – 10.30 pm (available upon request)
Lunch: 12.00 noon – 2.00 pm
Dinner: 6.30 pm – 10.30 pm
phone: +960 660 1020
Best Experience: Ultimate Luxury, Over Water Villas, Privacy and Tranquillity, spa, Wildlife, swimming with mantas
Discover Anantara Kihavah, a boutique hotel with all the advantages of a paradise island of dreams you can imagine - white beaches with fringed palm trees, turquoise waters, dedicated butlers, fine dining and luxurious Over Water Villas - and you will not be disappointed. Anantara Kihavah is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the main Velana International Airport. Following the scenic flight, guests arrive to a picture-perfect setting surrounded by the jewel-coloured waters and uninhabited islands of the majestic Indian Ocean.
Comprising 75 one-bedroom villas, four two-bedroom residences and a three-bedroom residence, each hideaway boasts large personal infinity-edge pools, dining pavilions, expansive wooden sundecks and ample lounging areas complete with swinging daybeds, hammocks and sun loungers. All villas feature his and hers walk-in wardrobes, rain showers, outdoor showers and over-sized bathtubs big enough for two. Sunken glass bottom bathtubs in the over water villas offer a mesmerising view of the sparkling ocean, both below and beyond the adjacent infinity-edge pool. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - UP TO 45% OFF with additional benefits
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF: BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - 4th Anniversary 40% OFF offer!
- Adaaran resorts: - Last Minute OFFER with Maximum Flexibility
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More