The 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
10 Reasons Why Liveaboard Diving Is More Popular Than Ever
The borders have opened. Liveaboards are back. Now, all you need is a reason to plan your next vacation to the Maldives. The 1200 of sun-kissed islands in the Indian ocean are a true paradise for a scuba diving holidays. But picking between resort-based or liveaboard diving can leave even the most avid scuba diver confused. But be sure, safari opens up a whole new world of aqua adventures for you what makes liveaboard diving in the Maldives an undoubted favorite of the international dive community. It offers the chance to explore remote destinations and uncrowded dive sites, the most beautiful and often endangered places in the underwater world plus enjoy the benefits of a personalised service and more dives per day.
Whether you’re a dive enthusiast, a nature lover or simply someone looking for a unique experience, here are the top ten unparalleled advantages why a liveabord is all you need to enjoy “Dive, Eat, Sleep, & Repeat” vacation. The list of reasons to try liveaboard diving in the Maldives is almost endless, so here are the 10 to whet your appetite for a real safari adventure while staying in pure comfort and luxury of the boat.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (21.02.21) in Maldives
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Not all dive sites in Maldives are suitable for newcomers but if you think that liveaboard diving is only for seasoned divers then you are wrong. If you’re a newly certified divers You just need to choose your liveaboard in Maldives carefully. And the good news there are safaris suitable for all level dive experience in the Maldives.
Due to strong currents and atolls' topography most of the liveaboards in the Maldives operating to the far north and south atolls ask for an advanced certification and drift dive experience (20 - 50 minimum logged dives required depending on the boat) while the Maldives central atolls has a great liveaboard itineraries for beginner divers (Open Water - No minimum logged dives required). Some safari vessels even offer to pass the Advanced Open Water Diver, wreck diving course, and Nitrox as an optional addition to the itinerary.
The crystal clear waters around Kaafu atoll have much less currents than anywhere else in the Maldives and most of the marine life can be spotted above 18 meter depth. The most liveaboards in Maldives will state the required number of logged dives needed to dive in that particular interary, and you can find this in the info section of each liveaboard itinerary, making it easy to pick your next dive safari. The liveaboard like the sister vessel of Scubaspa Ying and Scubaspa Yang, Emperor Explorer, Maldives Aggressor, Emperor Serenity these dive boats offer special tours suitable for beginners. All you need to have in your logbook is Open Water sertification.
The Maldives is one of the best diving destinations in the world, and is home to some of the world class dive sites. Unlike resort-based diving in Maldives when you’re on a safari, you get access to the most unique and remote grounds, to hard to reach with day-trips, where your liveaboard will often be the sole visitors. These remote spots offer diving experiences not found in your luxury resort. And time to time liveaboard divers in Maldives come back home with scuba tales from the untouched and wild places only a handful of divers ever got to visit.
Due to its pristine and completely untouched, this ensures that your experience is far from a normal dive. Expect to see the mesmeric marine life, including manta rays, whale sharks and other pelagics as well rare sea creatures among unspoilt coral gardens.
Everything on board is catered around diving and most liveaboards can comfortably offer three or four dives per day for several days in a row. The number of dives you complete is up to you and your dive profile and meals and snacks are served between dives. The final is the night dive, which usually takes place after sun set. For safety reasons, night dives are nearly always considerably shorter in time and shallower than the day dives which precede them. Typically, less than 20 metres maximum depth and thirty minutes is enough to satisfy those who have been in the water for most of the day. But night diving in the Maldives always offers lots to see.
The diving day has a typical schedule as follows:
- Light breakfast followed by a briefing and dive 1
- Full breakfast, relaxation period, briefing and Dive 2
- Lunch, relaxation period, briefing and Dive 3
- Snack, relaxation period
- Dinner - if there is a night/sunset dive, the schedule will be slightly amended
The liveaboard dive cruise is hassle free holiday because it's all-inclusive. The price you pay is included: VAT, Diving Package, Drinking Water, Tea & Coffee, Beach BBQ, Full-Board Meal Plan (All meals), Snacks, Cabin Towels, Complimentary Toiletries, Deck Towels, WiFi internet.
All boats are stocked with dive gear rental available if you don’t have any to take along. Before booking check boat specifics and be sure to fill out the gear rental.
A world-class crew will attend to your needs and ensure your safety, as well as a divemaster to help guide you through your underwater adventure. All vessels are fully certified and safety checked. All you need is kick back, relax and enjoy the scuba diving.
If You believe that a value is based on expectation in conjunction with the ultimate vacation, high-end service and satisfaction that dive safari is right choice. With hotel comfort and fantastic diving at your doorstep all trips are very well organised and difficult to argue with the price. 3-4 dives per day taking in the best sites in the Maldives, comfy cabin, a great food, plus an other activities. The prices of liveaboards range enormously as you might imagine but it’s just like looking at luxury holiday, but with more specialized stuff. Moreover your airport transfers, food and select beverages, and accommodation are all part of the package and prices are well below those of an private island holidays.
Diving liveaboards are usually on the more luxurious end of boat travel. Like a hotels, diving liveaboards do vary in price and style with many costing the same as a similar hotel room. You can choose anything from a simple boat to some luxurious yacht with on-board Jacuzzis, spa massage and cinema. Whatever your budget is, chances are you will get a better deal on your vacation for fun dive safari.
As a dive base, liveaboard is ideal to constantly hone your scuba basics and improve your diving game to ensure safer and more enjoyable dives. Liveaboards are a great place for the next scuba step, to enhance your skills at new things like underwater photography, nitrox diving and much more. Whether you’re an open water novice or experieced your progress shouldn’t stop there. Because you’re on the water for an extended period of time, you’ll have the chance to learn the ropes from professionals as well as fellow divers. Discover new passions and do not hesitate to ask questions!
If you’re trying to get to the next step of scuba certification, a liveaboard is a great option because many boats offer PADI / SSI courses. On liveaboard trips, you have access to the best diving resources right at your fingertips. If this is what you’re interested in, be sure the boat you select offers a training program before booking.
One of the more fun aspects of any dive holiday is about the people you meet along the way and the friends you make. Dive safaris offer an unique experience, where you will eat, sleep and enjoy marine life with new, friendly faces from different parts of the globe, all sharing in the same exciting adventure.
Whether you go with your friend or with a new group of dive buddies, you will sure have plenty to chat about with people with similar interests a passion for diving. You’ll never be short of interesting people, and interesting dive stories too. Create dive friendships that last forever.
What's better way to celebrate than by sharing some ocean love with your loved one? Nothing says romance quite like a liveaboard diving holiday in the Maldives. This honeymoon destination is synonymous with luxury and offers a variety of experiences, each with their own highlights. You’ll live your days by the rising and setting of the sun, experiencing one memorable dive after another where the only company you’ll keep is with curious fish, turtles, mantas and whale sharks.
Living on a boat is an experience in itself, especially when it’s a top-notch vessel with a great crew. There’s also something special about the sea breeze and wide open ocean, getting rocked to sleep by the ocean’s waves and waking up to the smell of salt water, that make you feel alive. And, if your idea of nightlife is starry sky, peace, and a little bit of wine as the world floats by doesn’t get much more connected to nature than that. Make your next dive holiday one to remember for you and your special someone with the romance of quiet beaches, far-off isles and unforgettable reefs. The Maldives with 1,192 coral islands, most inhabited only by birds and crabs makes it easy to play castaway.
The liveaboard diving allows you to maximise dive time as most of the travels between dives sites happen while you relax, eat or sleep. By the time you are ready to dive again, you are already at your next dive site. Waking up over a new dive spot is the ideal start to a new day, being able to dive in this new location seals the appeal of the liveaboard lifestyle! This means that no time is wasted on your holiday travelling to and from dive sites or back to you departure point.
In addition to daily multi-diving, the liveaboard itinerary also includes topside and an activities for non-divers. It’s no secret that divers and honeymooners make up the majority of visitors to the Maldives and boat vacation offer a tempting sense of adventure. Many liveaboards offer the chance for you to visit a large variety of untouched beauty spots that you wouldn’t normally be able to access staying at a resort.
If you’re boat-based and need a break from the water, considering taking an excursion to a nearby uninhabited island with the BBQ dinner is served on the beach. or board a fishing boat and try your luck at catching your dinner. Grab your camera and capture the rich Maldivian culture, discover the local cuisines, tradition and experience warm hospitality.
When you’re not diving, you can kick back and relax on sun decks or take advantage of other activities on offer. The most common activities for the non-divers include canoeing, snorkeling, dolphin watching, and shark feeding.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- CROWN & CHAMPA Resorts: UP to 40% OFF. Book until Feb 28
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Heritance Aarah: book early till 28th Feb for Stay till 31st Oct - 40% OFF
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 26.02.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Lily Beach extend free PCR testing offer
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- The St Regis Maldives Resort wins prestigious Forbes Honour
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra’s Vacay at Seaside Finolhu
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Dhigali Family Escape: The Maldives Island for All Ages
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Easter Holidays at Emerald Maldives
- Stay Safe and Healthy at Mirihi Island Resort
- Sustainability is Key factor to Success at Ellaidhoo Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins Forbes Travel Guide best Instagram award
- What's Hot at Kandima's Dining Scene
- Cocoon Maldives wins Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- Mindful Breathing: Learning the Art at Milaidhoo Island Maldives
- Neelam & Samir’s Family Vacay at Lily Beach
- Former Miss GB, Amy Willerton vacations at Kihaa Maldives
- Fushifaru Maldives triumphs 2021 Booking.com Traveller Review Award
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- 10 Experiences Every Traveler Should Have in the Maldives
- The Art of Yoga with Constance Hotels in the Maldives
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More