Lily Beach House Reef
Best Resorts for Snorkeling in the Maldives
Lily Beach's House Reef, Maldives, offers you an excellent opportunity to dive and snorkel right on your doorstep. The house reef is easily accessible, allowing you to easily swim and snorkel there during the day, as well as at night (night diving and night snorkeling with a guide is also on offer).
Easily accessible, the Lily's house reef is у great way to open a wonderful marine life to enjoying snorkeling and diving whenever you want. Unique solid table-like corals, sea anemones, a lot of curious fish and macro creatures, where the clean turquoise lagoon is a breathtaking aquarium.
During the introductory session, the diving center staff introduces newbies to the reef's location, entry and exit points, places of interest, and also tells about what kind of marine life you can spot on the house reef. Subsequent dives on the house reef by certified divers can be done with or without a guide - an easy way to gain more experience and confidence in diving.
Surrounded by one of the most beautiful house reef among the many resorts in the Maldives, diving and snorkeling at Lily Beach Resort is something that should not be missed. Narrow shape, and oriented east / west, the island is located inside the channel, where there is good snorkeling on both sides. House reef has 10 points of entry and exit throughout the island, which allows you to go snorkeling at any time and dive even with strong currents.
Drop off is about 10-20 meters from the beach. If a very strong tide does not come, you can drift right over the coral tops. Expect to see turtles, rays, whitetip reef sharks, schools of colorful fish, giant moray eels and octopuses. In the lagoon you can find young gray reef sharks and stingrays. If you are lucky, you can even watch manta rays on the house reef. In addition to large fish, marine life is also featured by a wide variety of macro creatures: from clown fish, shrimps and crabs to numerous nudibranchs and ghostpipe fish.
New water villas made access to snorkeling even easier - just a few steps down and a short drift to the exit of the house reef. This is great, and by no means common in the country. I hasten to add that this is a huge bonus to very good rooms - not that you need to go far from the beach or lagoon.
Tips and Recommendations
Lily Beach Resort & Spa, Maldives, is lucky to have a vast house reef that is home to a wide variety and a large number of marine life. But before you go and explore it during your forthcoming holiday at Lily Beach, here are some valuable tips to make your house reef snorkelling as enjoyable as it gets.
- Never snorkel by yourself. If your partner isn’t a snorkeller, join a group of other snorkellers or sign up for one of the individual or group snorkelling house reef tours.
- Wear fins at all times. Currents on the house reef can be unpredictable and using a pair of fins makes your swimming a lot easier. If you’re new to swimming with fins, the watersports center team will be happy to teach you the basic technique.
- Make sure you protect yourself from the sun before you go snorkelling. To avoid sunburn, it’s best to wear a UV-blocking rashguard. Such shirts are available for purchase at the resort.
- Don’t touch anything in the water and admire the reef with your eyes only. Coral reefs are living organisms and should be respected. Furthermore, it is possible that some well camouflaged, sometimes venomous, marine life lurks on the reef or in the sand, so to protect yourself and the reef inhabitants, keep your arms straight down the side of your body, and your fingers on the camera shutter button.
- Consult any of the resort's team members for detailed information on where the best and the safest snorkelling sites are on the house reef, and speak with our dive center or watersports center to find out more about the marine life that makes the Lily Beach house reef a reef at which you will certainly snorkel several times during your holiday.
Best Experience: for Families, House Reef Snorkeling, All Inclusive
Today, Lily Beach Resort and Spa ranks among the leading resorts in the country with Premium All Inclusive, which was the result of an excellent redesign and reconstruction of the hotel. Reopened in 2009 as a 5-star resort, Lily Beach is a romantic place for a family holiday with All Inclusive that includes food, drinks and various activities. The stylish and spacious rooms have open air bathrooms with hydromassage baths, outdoor terraces with direct access to the ocean or to the beach, as well as other facilities: from sunscreen and quality toiletries to the packed mini bars and large flat-screen TVs. The resort's family facilities include a kid's buffet in the restaurant, a swimming pool and a game club. Active guests can enjoy land and water sports, while couples have many romantic options and places to seclude. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Crown & Champa Resorts: Up to 50% OFF for stays from now into 2024
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Cora Cora Maldives - 40% OFF, in Premium Inclusions & flexibility
- LUX* South Ari Atoll - ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAYS
- SUN SIYAM Resorts - Free Transfer OFFERS
- Constance Resorts - Free Transfer OFFERS
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More