Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives - All Inclusive
Best Experience: Adults Only, All Inclusive, Scuba Diving
Updated May, 2020
Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives is an All Inclusive resort that offers guests a luxurious experience in villas located along white sands and clear lagoon waters. On December 2019 Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts has reopened Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives after a complete rebuild of the resort, expanding its offerings to include an all-new, adults-only private island.
With a remote location south of the main international Male airport, Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives (formerly known as Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives) is a small private island that seems to offer an excellent value in its All Inclusive category. For a perfect getaway, Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives is an ideal destination. With a new look and the best amenities, the hotel is ready to offer you the wonders of sunny sands and the sea against the background of maximum comfort.
An upscale all-inclusive resort, Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa is a 45-minute seaplane ride from Male Airport. With 70 water villas in addition to 10 on the island, this hotel is more like a boutique than many others of a similar size. All 80 rooms are equipped with minibars and simple yet stylish furnishings and beautiful designs, including water bungalows with glass cutouts that open up to the seascape below. On the island, guests have access to a private beach, non-motorized water sports, new pool., sports and playgrounds, two restaurants, two bars and all-inclusive options. This resort is best for couples looking for a quiet and nature-filled getaway to relax and spend quality time with loved ones. The sister properties: Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives, Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon, and the recently-opened Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives are closer to Male, so it might be worth comparing prices.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Honors Legacy - 05 Dec 2020 - from €1,310.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Group specials - 30% OFF! Rates include discount. Valid for new bookings only. Inquire for detail.
- Blue Force One - 05 Dec 2020 - from €1,685.00 - Central Atolls Classical Route - Single Cabin Offer - Single supplement reduced to 50% for a private double cabin! Plus 50% off a second consecutive week
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Emperor Leo - 26 Dec 2020 - from €1,699.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €200 OFF! Price includes discount.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2020 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Located in Meemu atoll, a 45-minute seaplane ride from the Maldives’ main Velana International Airport, Hakuraa Huraa began welcoming guests in 1999. In 2010, the resort went through a major renovation and remained the same until its closing in 2018 for a complete overhaul of its facilities.
Hakuraa Huraa literally means as “reef over the water” and is the youngest brother of three Cinnamon hotels in the Maldives. The beach itself is not the fine sand, but it is wide, open to the sun all day and runs only on one side of a curved island. All Water Bungalows are dispersed on the other side.
With the latest reimagining of the iconic Hakuraa Huraa, accommodation and facilities on the five-hectare main island have been rebuilt from the ground up, whilst a 2.5-hectare private island has been added with facilities to cater exclusively for adult guests.
The beach area of Hakuraa Huraa is huge, equipped only with sunbeds scattered to the western edge, and lonely swings located closer to the water. There is also a volleyball net stretched in the area of the center of water sports, and a playground. But, thanks to the lively house reef, most of the activity is underwater. Reef access by boat and divers and snorkellers can easily find sharks, rays and turtles. The resort offers complimentary snorkeling trips to the reef twice a day. The waters near the beach are shallow (in fact, it is so shallow that it is not easy to swim during high tide), and the currents can be strong. Because of corals, coral shoes are recommended.
Most of the guests are romantic couples and families who are looking for a peaceful holiday.
Connected to the main resort via a walkway, the adults-only private island is home to 20 Platinum Beach Bungalows, which have been designed for ultimate privacy. For a chilled-out atmosphere, these bungalows are ideal for couples or groups of friends who want to enjoy a romantic or relaxing holiday experience, with the maximum level of comfort and exclusivity. The Bungalows are for adults above 18 years only.
The private island also consists of an outdoor common pool, bar and lounge, and a restaurant exclusively for guests staying in these beautiful bungalows.
Perfect choice for couples, honeymooners and divers, Meemu Atoll aka Mulaku is a group of 33 islands in the Maldives is about 140 km south of Malé. The whole area has just opened to tourism, and only two islands are home to luxurious resorts. Read More
Located 145 kilometers south of Male Airport, Cinnamon Hakurra Huraa is located on the private island of Meemu atoll (Mulaku atoll). A 45-minute ride over a stunning marine seascape awaits you before touching at Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives. Upon Check in & Prior to take off you can relax at the sea plane terminal of Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA).
Seaplanes in the Maldives only operate during daylight hours. Hence first flight departure for the day would be at sunrise and last flight departure is between 1200hrs - 1600hrs. Daily seaplane transfer services to Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives are scheduled by Trans Maldivian Airlines (TMA) based on your arrival and departure international flight times. If your international flights are arriving or departing outside the specified hours mentioned above, we recommend you to book a city hotel room in Male or Hulhumale for overnight stay.
Rooms and Bungalows
The 80 rooms at Hakuraa Huraa are divided into 70 water bungalows, and there are only 10 beach bungalows. All rooms are air-conditioned (mostly) and also include basic necessities such as fire extinguishers, life jackets and raincoats, as well as bathrobes, hair dryers, ironing facilities, laundry facilities, safes, flat-screen TVs, minibars and coffee / tea. Toiletries include complimentary toiletries and extras such as shaving and sewing.
The main island offers accommodation either in a Beach Bungalow or a Water Bungalows. The adults-only island is reserved for Platinum Beach Bungalows.
The comforts of the Beach Bungalows and their secluded inland location allows you to view the beautiful ocean ahead from the cooling shades of the thick foliage. The sun loungers in front of the rooms are all great ways in which to take in the scenery or snooze off an afternoon. Walk back into your room and lounge back on a plush double bed or make yourself a quick ‘cuppa to awaken you from that lazy island pace.
The 70 spectacular Water Bungalows are built facing out the island and gives you a direct view of both sunrise and sunset, depending on which one you make your own little haven for the duration of your stay. After reconstruction, all Water Bungalows now have a "WOW" factor. Size and style are impressive, not to mention the views. Water bungalows are equipped with frosted glass windows for privacy and have a modern retro look with painted wooden paneling walls, white beamed ceilings, white tent roofs commonly found in Dubai, and painted wooden floors. Full wooden floors and solid wood furniture add warmth to the simplicity and modernity of the design. Lighting on the back and glass panels on the sides and on the floor.
Step inside the water bungalow and notice the glass-bottom floor in the room for viewing the marine life in the ocean beneath your feet. Take in the breeze on your own private sun deck or take the staircase leading down to the lagoon for a quick dip without ever having to leave your room.
The interiors are chic, the air conditioning is quiet and efficient, and there are satellite channels and favorite tea / coffee making facilities. The living room is useful for luggage and has a wardrobe. The bathrooms are small but ergonomic and the shower is strong (although you are standing in the bath). Due to the design, Water Bungalow's bathrooms do not have air conditioning, making them a little humid and stuffy after use.
The view from the sun deck is impressive and serene, and the side fences provide ample privacy, although with direct access to the sea from all water bungalows, guests can simply watch the neighbors swim. Steps down to the water, but you can only swim away at high tide. At other times, we recommend lounging and staring carefully at the ocean.
Restaurants and Bars
With a main buffet and a la carte menu, Hakuraa's Huraa guests have the choice to wine and dine at three distinct venues:
Malaafaiy: Named after a large, traditional wooden serving dish, Malaafaiy is the resort’s main restaurant, serving three daily buffets that are consistently large and constantly delicious. The choice of food is quite large, ranging from local and international dishes such as curry and pasta to a culinary island stuffed with desserts and fresh fruits. Quality, however, is above average.
On the edge of the island, in a more intimate environment, guests can order a more private, less fussy à la carte meal at The Crab. This seafood restaurant has a classic romantic atmosphere with dim lighting, tables set in the sand or on a wooden patio, as well as a specialized seafood menu with local lobsters and four courses. The Crab restaurant: provides easy access to most Water Bungalow guests. The restaurant has a bar and reservations are recommended.
Located in the heart of the island, the Veli Pool Bar & Lounge are perfect vantage points to view the beach and sea, whilst enjoying international cocktails, mocktails and chic entertainment.
All-inclusive and premium all-inclusive packages are offered.
Standard All Inclusive Package Includes from 0730hrs to 0000hrs:
• Meal : Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
• Selection of freshly prepared local snacks are served Morning – 1030hrs to 1130hrs (Available on request) Evening – 1600hrs to 1800hrs (Mini Buffet) Night – 2230hrs to 2330hrs (Available on request)
• UNLIMITED consumption of regular International house brands from a selection of Spirits & Wines which are served by the glass
• UNLIMITED consumption of creative Cocktails & Mocktails from a menu • Selection of Draught Beer
• Selection of Carbonated Soft Drinks, Canned fruit juices, Mineralized water, selection of tea & coffee at all Outlets
• COMPLIMENTARY Snorkeling equipment for each guest for duration of stay
• FULL ACCESS to use of Gymnasium, Badminton Court, Table Tennis, Billiard/ Snooker, Beach Volleyball, Foosball (equipment included
Premium All Inclusive Package Includes, from 0730hrs to 0000hrs (Valid for a minimum stay of 5 nights only ):
• All Items included in the Standard All Inclusive. PLUS
• Welcome bottle of Sparkling Wine on arrival in your room
• In room minibar stocked with beer/soft drinks & selection of snacks – replenished ONCE DAILY
• UNLIMITED consumption of Premium International house brands from a selection of Spirits, Wines & Signature Cocktails which are served by the glass
• UNLIMITED consumption of Fresh Juices & Milk Shakes
• TWO Complimentary Excursions per guest from a selection of excursions per stay (weather permitting)** Refer excursions for choice
• Invitation to TWO special Themed Party events organized by the Resort
• ONE special Dinner on the Beach with the option of a Mixed Seafood Grill or Steak
• Signature 60 minutes Balinese Spa Treatment at the Mandara Spa ONCE during 5 nights stay
• SPECIAL EVENING Turn-down service with Chocolate on ALL nights of stay
Set in a natural open environment, Mandara Spa at Cinnamon Hakura Huraa brings a touch of Bali. It is designed as an intimate, luxurious resort spa with exceptional levels of attention to details and service standards.
The Mandara Spa is the resort’s focal point , supported by a service style that considers the guests needs for escape, unobtrusive delivery and capitalises on the dramatic ocean location. The spa offers five double rooms, a reception, relaxation lounge, retail boutique and a manicure-pedicure area.
There’s an inexplicable rush that surrounds special moments. And you can feel it in waves, in all boundlessness, at Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa. Go diving, Snorkelling, canoeing, if you’d like to indulge in some sports. Or, go island hopping, or visit a local island for a cultural tour. If you’d like to spend time just around the resort, you could enjoy sandbank picnics, or you could play volleyball, or stay indoors and play table tennis, or billiards.
Due to the size of the lagoon, there is no direct access to the house reef for snorkeling, but the resort schedules 2 boats per day to transport guests to the reef inside the atoll for free. Snorkeling is not impressive, so you can use your free snorkel and mask to go on one of the safari twice a week.
The diving in the region is amazing and unaffected, as the atoll has only 2 resorts and 9 inhabited islands. There is one large channel, not too far away, which provides some great sites for beginners and experts, and wreck diving between the atolls for a change, although thilas and farus are also a good basis.
Because of the shallow water, there are only non-motorized water sports like kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing and sailing. All water sports and underwater activities are provided by Dive & Sail; Most activities are free. Other offers include a ping-pong table in the restaurant, darts and badminton from the water sports center, all types of fishing, a small gym with several cardiovascular equipment, a sports ground and beach volleyball.
Entertainment at the resort helps to give the place a social atmosphere and usually includes dancing, live music, bingo games, crab races, magic shows and traditional Maldivian cultural evenings. If guests want to see Maldivian culture, they can book one of the excursions to a populated island or go fishing at sunset, visit private islands or chase dolphins. Please note that souvenir and jewelry stores are open only during meals, and for minor medical issues there is a doctor on the island, around the clock and seven days a week.
Having made significant updates, the management did an excellent job, making it an interesting and enjoyable place, at the same time effective and useful. Although the geography of Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa is not perfect, there are very few negative reviews from guests, since in general they recognize that the food, rooms, diving, sunbathing and the atmosphere are all worth it.
What Guests Love
- Beautiful island and magnificent nature
- Stunning beach bungalows. Clean, modern and with great views of the crystal clear lagoon
- Attentive and helpful staff. Unobtrusive service
- Delicious and varied food. A buffet and salad bar
- Large bar with a hookah, cigars, afternoon tea
- Professional diving school
- Snorkeling exursions. Sharks, rays and turtles. Free gear
- Good privacy
- Free introductory 10-minute massage at the spa
Things to Know before You Go
- The property is only accessible by seaplane, transfer takes 45 minutes from Male International Airport. The return rates are: Adult: USD 485, round trip, inclusive of all taxes; Child (2- 11 years): USD 243, round trip, inclusive of all taxes; Infant (0-1 years): Complimentary
- check-in from 2:00 PM ; check-out until 12:00 PM;
- Children over 1 are welcome.
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests
- For honeymooners: Complimentary fruit basket and wine bottle once during the stay
- Wifi is free
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.10.2020
- Veligandu Island announces UP to 25% OFF on 2020 & 2021 stays to fit Your Maldives Escapes
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Yachting in the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts
- Cocoon Maldives offers XXL All -Inclusive plan
- Emerald Maldives expands culinary offerings with Russian cuisine
- LUX* South Ari Atoll brings Circus to Maldives this Festive Season
- 10 Most Affordable Water Villas in Maldives
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Experience LUX* North Male Atoll in All-Inclusive Offer
- One & Only Reethi Rah Maldives: Place to celebrate this Christmas
- Joali Maldives wins 2020 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Holidays at Taj Exotica Resort, Maldives
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives amongst top Indian Ocean resorts
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives and Conrad Rangali Island Welcome Guests with Assurance and Peace of Mind
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Appoints Alia Korshykova as Sales Manager
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Most Sustainable Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Top 10 most Remote Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Choosing room type that's right for You at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More