10 Reasons to Stay at Niyama Private Islands Maldives
10 Things to Love about Niyama Private Islands Maldives
Proclaiming itself "Nature's playground", Niyama Private Islands Maldives offers a chilled-out take on tropical-island luxury, teaming top-class dining, seductive beach bars (including a submerged party pad) and city-smart boutiques with a laid-back, kick-your-shoes-off vibe. Its two islands Chill and Play, one with a family focus and the other dedicated to couples are a tropical paradise with lush vegetation, ivory white beaches, crystal clear waters and endless views out over the Indian Ocean.
The resort is a mix of modern and traditional Maldivian design and facilities, with a distinctive edgy feel, where guests are wonderfully looked after, choosing between total privacy and an extraordinary range of activities. If the endless ocean's vistas don't take your breath away, the speedboating, scuba diving and sports simulation rooms will.
Let’s take a look at the top 10 things why the guests love about Niyama.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (10.01.21) in Maldives
- Conte Max - 31 Jan 2021 - from €1,303.00 - The Best Five/Male-Laamu (MLE-MLE) - $1060 OFF Plus Free Nitrox! Rates include discounts.
- Carpe Diem - 06 Feb 2021 - from €841.00 - North Male - South Ari - Meemu - Vaavu - South Male (Male - Male) - (50% OFF)
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Scubaspa Ying - 13 Feb 2021 - from €2,014.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (15% OFF)
- Princess Sara - 13 Mar 2021 - from €1,331.00 - Classic Route - Early Bird Special! (25% OFF)
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
Niyama’s island names – ‘Chill’ and ‘Play’ – set the tone for the resort: innovative, fresh, relaxed and upmarket. Mother Nature was having one fine day when she painted these two islands in South Dhaalu Atoll. With large beaches (unaffected by erosion and sand movements!), lush vegetation showing signs of very old trees, and wide sun-speckled pathways softly canopied by greenery, the island is as relaxing as it is luxurious. The two concept islands connected by a bridge and while biking between them, you see that both concepts merge seamlessly to adapt to your mood. Discover your island niche and settle in, or jump back and forth between high-energy indulgences and cool serenity.
At Play: Frolic in the treetops. Rush into the infinite horizon. Kick things up a notch in villas set on white sands and tailored to adventurous honeymooners, active couples and style-savvy families.
At Chill: Revel in a peaceful moment within the cocoon of Drift Spa. Explore culinary heaven offshore. Soothe your soul to the slow rhythms in over water villas. Lounge against the flowing oceanscape in an underwater playground.
Whether you choose between beach or "over-water" living, the accommodation at Niyama is the epitome of luxurious lagoon living. Surrounded by crystal clear water, pristine beach or lush vegetation, all super private villas and pavilions (excluding some of the beach studios) have their own private pool, are exceptionally spacious and come with fabulous amenities and a private butler. Tropical outdoor bathrooms are the same size as the bedrooms, with outdoor rain showers and huge ceramic bathtubs to bathe under the stars. With features including outdoor rain showers, in-room delis and complimentary ice cream, it's hard to leave your suite.
Each room is outfitted with a king bed, Deli-In with full-size refrigerator overflowing with gourmet treats, in-room entertainment system with LED TV, Bose surround sound and a range of international movies, as well as Thakuru (butler) service – for the ultimate luxury. Stepping out to the deck, you can choose to lounge on the Dhoni-shaped swing bed, catch some rays on the sun loungers, cool off in your private pool, or walk a few feet and step into the lagoon. Honestly, why would you need to go elsewhere?
You'll love finding fun twists in villas and it is one of them. Each villa is equipped with a popcorn maker, which is part of a bigger in-villa deli experience here at Niyama. A refrigerator (no tiny minibars here!) is fully stocked with treats and your butler refills a daily dose of homemade vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Are you in the mood for an Affogato? The espresso machine is right there, along with wine glasses, cocktail shakers, and chocolate bars. Yes, I religiously ate the ice cream every day.
Living up to its tagline of 'Nature's Playground', Niyama has a myriad of fun and innovative dining experiences. This island is a dining fantasy, and each spot feels like you are being transported somewhere different. Epicure resturant starts with a vast breakfasts are always serve with a side of picturesque views on Chill. Flaky pastries, green juice and berry tonics, gluten-free banana bread, omelettes with fine cheeses; every morning is an affair. The offerings also include plenty of fruit like papaya, rose apple and dragon fruit, as well as a waffle station, a super food station with flax and spirulina, plus traditional Maldivian dishes, like coconut sambol, dhal curry and rihaakuru (thick fish paste).
Sitting outside under the shade of an umbrella, marvelling at how the blues of the pool and lagoon go perfectly with the yellow seating, one of the friendly servers can easily compel you to try a second cappuccino. Because, why not?
Sometimes, it is the little things that make the list. Niyama uses waterproof bands as keys and this's a lifesaver! As someone who usually needs to call the butler more than once after losing a key card or locking myself out, you'll be glad to have one of these that you can casually wear on your wrist.
The hassle of collecting the key whenever you leave the room, or wondering where you last kept it, is completely gone and You can simply put these on, go for a swim, and come back to unlock your villa
Located in the middle of Play, the Nest is a real one-of-a-kind in the Maldives – a modern, multi-level treehouse in the heart of the jungle, with private pods suspended six metres from the ground and domed pavilions hidden amongst the trees, where you can enjoy a one of a kind gourmet experience from Thai to Teppanyaki in a breathtaking banyan treetop setting.
If you are here for a good lunch, expect an amazing side of entertainment as well. For a theatrical meal, the teppanyaki table is the most desired in the house. The chef is lively, happy to interact, suggesting sakes to pair, and is always ready to share a new trick, whether it is shaping fried rice or egg and fire tricks. Seated together with other guests at the grill station, it is a communal experience all the way.Taste the world’s most expensive coffee, Black Ivory. Experience the sweet finale of Nest’s signature dessert: Luwak Coffee Brûlée, rich cream custard infused with a secret recipe featuring Kopi Luwak essence and accompanied by roasted banana ice cream.
Paradise for carnivores, Tribal creates a luxury campfire dining experience with outdoor hot-rock grills, live cooking, dining pods for two set directly by the beach and South American, Asian and African flavours. Offering modern Afro Latin grilled food with a stylish and modern campsite atmosphere, Tribal is one of Niyama's most innovative outlets. A Maasai warrior welcomes you with a Dawa, East Africa’s to-lust-for cocktail, drenching your taste buds with honey and lime. With sand floors and tiki torches, the inspiration is very much a blend of Maldivian combined with a more global feel. Tastes from South America to Africa to Asia cooked in the outdoor kitchen, entrees seared over open flames, tribal gatherings — this very much offers a dash of adventure and a pinch of fun.
Designed to create the feeling of being inside a tribal village, seating is set within the jungle in private decks, and rhythmic music of drums accompany dinner. Within a few minutes, you are enthralled in the menu, the medicinal tonics, and the coffees that are being brought to you. It truly feels like you have stepped away from the island.
Being on some islands for a week or so can bring a feeling of repetitiveness but Not here at Niyama. Accessible only by boat, The Edge is an exclusive over water restaurant and Lounge. With a crystal waters all around enjoy the daily catch paired with fine wines in a sophisticated al fresco atmosphere. Sipping a cocktail at the lounge and watching the sunset is a must do before you pop into the restaurant for dinner. Panoramic views and tastes to savour, single this concept out as a unique fine dining experience.
500 metres off shore and 6 metres below the surface, the Subsix is only reachable by boat. Italian abstract chandeliers illuminate the descent like shining coral. In the depths, hide away in the swooping curves of the clam-inspired bar, tucked into the soft anemone chairs beneath the soft waves of capiz shells draped from the ceiling. Watch the fish as you enjoy a champagne breakfasts, some private dining, a movie, subaquatic lunches, gourmet dinners and glow parties or a special kid's treat. Highlighting fresh local seafood and innovative Maldivian twists combined with modern techniques, it is a sure treat for your palate.
But by far and away the best bit about Niyama's holiday is the amazing staff that make the resort a very special! Whether you need a buggy ride, a recommendation on what to order or where to eat, to be shown around the island, give you a tour of the different villa categories, take an Instagram-worthy photo, your Thakuru will be around. They are effortlessly charming, good-humoured, and take attention to detail to another level.
Best Experience: Watersports, Two Pristine Islands perfect for Family & Couples, Luxury Surfing, Underwater night club
Developed by Per Aquum (Huvafenfushi) and co-owned by Anantara, Niyama Maldives is a resort with a rich ancestry. Proclaiming itself "Nature's playground", Niyama Private Islands Maldives takes barefoot luxury to an exotic new level. Its two islands Chill and Play, one with a family focus and the other dedicated to couples are a tropical paradise with lush vegetation, ivory white beaches, crystal clear waters and endless views out over the Indian Ocean. The resort is a mix of modern and traditional Maldivian design and facilities, with a distinctive edgy feel, where guests are wonderfully looked after, choosing between total privacy and an extraordinary range of activities. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Anantara Exclusive FLASH SALE: Save up to 40%, Bookable from 10 Jan – Sun 17 Jan 2021; Stay from 10 Jan – Tue 21 Dec 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Hotels
Recent Posts 13.01.2021
- Unforgettable Experiences complimented by Exclusive Hospitality in the Maldives: Waldorf Astoria launches Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa To Debut In September 2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- Reethi Faru Resort takes Environmental initiatives a next level
- Kanuhura gets Health Security Verification from Sharecare, Forbes Travel Guide
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi kick start in 2021 with Special Offer
- Maldives Padel Tennis Opens at Kudadoo Private Island and Hurawalhi
- German celebrity Dieter Bohlen vacations in the Maldivess
- The Nautilus Maldives launches Full Moon Crystal Singing Bowl meditation
- Wreck Diving in Addu atoll
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- 10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
- Fresh start: Vakkaru Maldives offers bespoke Ayurveda programmes to balance Mind, Body and Soul
- Hurawalhi Island's 5.8 Undersea Restaurant to host Two Michelin-starred Chef Stefan Heilemann
- Baros Maldives celebrates Fifteen Years of Fine Dining
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives opens Sangu Stories podcast channel
- Patina Maldives beautifies horizon with biophilic Design concept
- 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Honeymoon in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
5 Best Things to Do at Hurawalhi
Besides the amazing diving and snorkeling opportunities available at Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives, what else should guests do, staying at the hottest and most popular luxury resortRead More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More