10 Celebrity Hot Spot Hotels in The Maldives
Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Updated August, 2020
The Maldives is famous for their picture-perfect beaches, crystal-clear waters and of course the most luxurious resorts in the world. Maldives is a regular hot spot for the rich and the famous. From Hollywood celebrities to world famous athletes to the Bollywood stars, all head to the Maldives, for a romantic or family vacation. Nothing says luxury travel quite like a trip to the Maldives and it’s little wonder that the A-list seem to flock to these islands on the daily. With stars' social media feeds filled with those perfect beach shots and beautiful backdrops, it's almost impossible not to get wanderlust.
So out of all the islands, where do the Rich and Famous Go in the Maldives? Good news is that we have a list below that consists of 10 best resorts where You are sure to spot one of your favorite A-lister!
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Who stayed here: The Beckhams, Gordon Ramsey, Kate Moss, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslett, Paris Hilton, Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry, Lindsay Lohan, Lena Meckel, Cara Delevingne & Ashley Benson, Rita Ora
The luxury resort is situated in the UNESCO-protected biosphere of Baa Atoll, one of 26 natural atolls in the Indian Ocean. Since opening in 2015, Amilla Fushi Resort has disrupted the status-quo and modernised the traditional concept of a luxury island holiday. With its slick, modern architecture, and all-encompassing attention to detail, the resort has become the holiday destination of choice for the super stars, who have called this island her favourite place. The Amilla Fushi villa resort has been the chosen holiday destination for the likes of Victoria and David Beckham, Gordon Ramsey and Kate Winslet. Super model Kate Moss is also a fan.
The Beckham clan rang in the New Year in the massive eight-bedroom Amilla Great Beach Villa Residence, while the Ramseys shacked up in the four-bedroom Amilla Villa Residence. Each villa offers an unbelievable beachfront location and a whole world of added perks – we love the dedicated Rolls Royce buggies!
Amilla Fushi is 30 minutes by seaplane from the capital of Malé or 10 minutes by speedboat from Dharavandhoo Airport. Read Full Review...
Who stayed here: David Beckham, Gordon Ramsay, Roman Abramovich; Tom Cruise; American model and actress Milla Jovovich; Russell Crowe, Idris Elba
Before stay there, Reethi Rah for the island resort seems a bit conservative. Smooth, majestic, but perhaps lacking some details of the bounty in Maldives rural style (call it what you like) that are in fashion today. Going ashore, you will realize that refusal to follow a fashion trend is the same point: you simply do not need it when you are the best. Reethi Rah adheres to his own One & Only style. Of all the islands that make up the Maldives, Reethi Rah is most in tune with the celebrity zeitgeist. Purposefully not 'trendy', in the development stage to the top level of luxury, specializing in high quality service to its guests, such an experience you would have hard to find somewhere else in the Maldives.
The staff wear designer sunglasses and its boutique stocks specially designed wedges by Christian Louboutin. A 75-minute speed-boat journey from the airport in the Maldives’ capital, Male. Many resorts in the Maldives are not much bigger than a football pitch but Reethi Rah is so large that it has space for its own AstroTurf one for its guests to enjoy a kickabout, plus a series of championship-standard tennis courts. At this resort you get space for your money, glowing lanterns at every turn and plenty of whimsical touches. One of the eight dining options on the resort is the organic restaurant Botanica set in its own vegetable garden, while ClubOne has top-level DJs fly in for special events. Read Full Review...
Who stayed here: Melissa Benoist & Chris Wood, Tommy Lee, Adrien Brody, Richard Branson, tennis star Novak Djokovic
Gili Lankanfushi is rated by many among the best resort in the Maldives, and with good reason. This stunning, 46-villa, eco-resort is just 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport thriving in providing truly unpretentious, relaxed luxury. Barefoot are recommended (shoes are removed as soon as you leave the airport on the boat), and each guest is surrounded by the care of a personal butler with the title "Mr. Friday". The spacious, charmingly simple water villas are built of some types of wood and are equipped with open (and on the roof!) decks with seaviews that can evoke tears of joy. On land, a beautiful island with 683 palms offers a range of activities and an excellent dining options. This rare diamond in the Maldives is more authentic than other famous brand resorts at the same price - given the regular appearance in the Gili Lankanfushi of world celebrities. But if your own pools and air conditioning in each room are your priority, you can Read Full Review
Who stayed here: Kate Moss & Jamie Hince, Corinne Bailey Rae, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, tennis champion Roger Federer
Located just 30 minutes by speedboat from the main airport, Huvafen Fushi ideally mixes Maldivian style with hip and chic features; thatched villas on the outside and on the inside, unique amenities, sophisticated design, contemporary furniture, high-tech equipment, and last but not least cool events which all contribute to make Huvafen Fushi a truly dreamy island. Encircled by one of the best house reefs in the Maldives, this private island paradise is home to the world’s first and only underwater spa, and with only 44 rooms it is the ultimate in luxurious privacy and intimacy. With 21 years and above guests only policy, Huvafen Fushi has been crowned the Most Romantic Resort at the annual Maldives Travel Awards 2017. Read Full Review
Who stayed here: Cristiano Ronaldo, Roger Federer, Fernando Torres, Ronan & Storm Keating, Robin Thicke
Anantara Kihavah is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the main Velana International Airport. Following the scenic flight, guests arrive to a picture-perfect setting surrounded by the jewel-coloured waters and uninhabited islands of the majestic Indian Ocean.
Comprising 75 one-bedroom villas, four two-bedroom residences and a three-bedroom residence, each hideaway boasts large personal infinity-edge pools, dining pavilions, expansive wooden sundecks and ample lounging areas complete with swinging daybeds, hammocks and sun loungers. All villas feature his and hers walk-in wardrobes, rain showers, outdoor showers and over-sized bathtubs big enough for two. Sunken glass bottom bathtubs in the over water villas offer a mesmerising view of the sparkling ocean, both below and beyond the adjacent infinity-edge pool. Read Full Review
Who stayed here: Elizabeth Hurley, Lucy Watson, and her partner, James Dunmore;
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Who stayed here: Emily Ratajkowski, Serena Williams and husband, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, Victoria’s Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio, DJ Snake , Dustin Martin, Gerard Piqué and Shakira, Alessandra Ambrosio
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the resort raises the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests.
Spanning across three islands in the South Male Atoll, the breathtaking new resort is surrounded by a crystal clear water lagoon, which will play home to spectacular underwater life. Meaning “Pearl” in Dhivehi the resort will offer global travellers 138 luxuriously appointed villas in an inspirational setting, complemented by the iconic True Waldorf Service experience. Additionally, the resort will feature 10 truly unique dining experiences, including an unforgettable treetop restaurant boasting stunning views. An exclusive yet serene Spa and Wellness Centre, a wide array of water sports as well as extensive facilities for junior guests will also feature within the new Waldorf Astoria Maldives. Read Full Review...
Who stayed here: Shah Rukh Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Tennis star Andy Murray, Indian actor Shabir Ahluwalia
Boasting an extensive leisure and wellness facilities, Jumeirah Vittaveli is a beautiful island ideal for families looking for spacious and affordable accommodation in the Maldives, with a children's and teenage club. With traditional Maldivian architecture and elegance, the hotel is also good for a honeymooners, where you will find total privacy in water villas. Brought it's 6-star magic to the Maldives and just 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport, with a 24-hour butler service, private pools in each villa and spacious rooms, Jumeirah Vittaveli is truly a luxury getaway. Accommodation is ideal for both families and couples, with a high level of privacy on the beach and over the water. All villas and suites have their own private swimming pool, starting from Beach Villas with direct access to a pristine sands to Ocean Suites with only by boat access. Above all, that means sightlines to the stunning views - of white sand, turquoise lagoon, reefs and the blues of sky and deep water.Read Full Review...
Who stayed here: Naomi Harris, Jodie Kidd, Nicole Scherzinger, Madonna, Sir Paul McCartney, Liv Tyler, The Beckhams, Rita Ora, Guy Ritchie, Jenna Coleman, Sophie Turner & Joe Jonas, Millie Bobby Brown, Salma Hayek, Tiger Shrof, Milind Soman, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor-Ali Khan, Sonam Kapoor
Soneva Fushi is one of the most luxurious villa resorts in the Maldives – and that’s saying something. Awarded with white sandy beaches of a private island in Maldives, the Soneva Fushi's eco-chic villas are the material of the romantic fantasies of Robinson Crusoe. Drop your shoes and worries: with an luxury spa, hypnotic house reef and high quality butler services, you will not need anything on this laid-back playground of a beautiful uninhabited island. If Robinson Crusoe could develop hotels - he would have built Soneva Fushi! A total of 65 apartments and villas were implanted in the heart of lush vegetation to ensure maximum privacy for each ones, and most importantly, that it was not visible from the sea. 8 categories of rooms, each trying to outdo the elegance of a neighbor, start with a simple Rehendi from 182 m2 to a huge Jungle Reserve villa of 720 m2, passing by Crusoe villas, apartments or even a villa Soneva Fushi.
The island itself is explored exclusively by bicycle, golf cart and on foot, thanks to the resort's novel 'No News, No Shoes' policy. By this, they encourage guests to leave their shoes in the suitcase, banning papers and news channels, and embracing 'Robinson Crusoe simplicity'; perfect for celebrities who largely dictate the headlines. In-villa pools overlook the sea, footsteps from a stretch of secluded beach, which gives guests the opportunity to cool off away from prying eyes.That's perhaps why Soneva has become the A-listers' little secret to a completely undisturbed castaway experience.
Life on the island is also not too far from that of the average A-list home, because personal butlers - made available on arrival - are at guests' beck and call 24-7 for in-house dining requests and table reservations, as well as fixing, cleaning and questions. Read Full Review...
10 Soneva Jani
Who stayed here: Rita Ora, Gwyneth Paltrow, Brad Falchuk, Chris Martin, Dakota Johnson, Billie Faiers и Greg Shepherd
Soneva Jani is like someone with personal magnetism, someone who knows themself, knows the world and greets it with a big, welcoming smile. This resort doesn't just have character, it has charisma. The perfect combination of luxury and nature, Soneva Jani offers guests an unparalleled experience in idyllic surroundings. Inspired by the word, which means wisdom in sanskrit, Soneva Jani is Medufaru island, which is part of an uninhabited cluster of five islands in the Nunu atoll. The most exclusive luxury hotel in Maldives and the most prestigious for many hotel brand in the world is surrounded by pristine beaches covered with lush tropical greenery and a turquoise lagoon with crystal clear water and unbeatable views of the 360 ° Indian Ocean. Today, Soneva Jani has 24 water villas and one beach villa, although at a later stage it is planned to build additional beach villas. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More