Top 10 Reasons to Honeymoon in The Maldives
Why The Maldives Is Most Popular Honeymoon Destination
Updated May, 2020
With truly outstanding beaches and the utmost in luxury resorts, you will have the honeymoon of your dreams in the Maldives. Expect the ultimate beach experience, and a vision of island paradise right from your most vivid dreams. Beaches are white and soft as powder; warm, blue lagoons are crystal clear, and emerald palms are stirred by gentle tropical breezes. These remote and truly unique islands in the Indian Ocean are the perfect place to romantic escape.
Luxury at its finest awaits those lucky enough to experience the serenity haven that is the Maldives. Visitors to these stunning islands are welcomed by a glorious climate and absolutely unparalleled natural beauty. Natural beauty aside, Maldives wide range of world class accommodatio, luxury over-water villas, splendid spas, gourmet restaurants, spots for romantic dates and eclectic mix of romantic experiences make it an unrivaled choice for newlyweds.
So if you’ve ever flirted with the idea of heading to Maldives for your honeymoon but aren’t entirely ready to take the plunge, here are 10 reasons why you should honeymoon in Maldives.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast; from US$400
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct to Save 25% off + FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 3O% OFF
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
One major factor in choosing a resort is its distance from Male airport, and from local attractions. Dedicated divers who will want to cruise around the top sites are advised to pick a resort within striking distance. The same goes for surfers. The hotels in Malé are in no way a match for the resorts on the private islands, and there are very few reasons to stay overnight in the capital. From budget beach accomodation to ultra-luxe private over-water retreats, discover the best Maldives hotels and resorts with maldives-magazine.com Read More
Picking the perfect property in the Maldives is top priority but as one of the best honeymoon destination in the world, you’ll have hundreds of luxurious villas to choose from – whether you’re looking for an overwater villa with a view or romantic beach bungalow with your own personal pool or any room with the ocean at your doorstep, you can be sure to find something private and bespoke without having to break the bank. Read More
While it’s undoubtedly a perfect romantic destination, you won’t have to go far to find a bit of peace and quiet in the Maldives with so many beaches to choose from. Maldives is known to have some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Research the different beach spots to suit your fancy – sand spit, sandbank or white sand beach, quiet or busy – and plan to spend at least a couple of days to either soak up the sun or frolic in the ocean with your loved one! You can even enjoy some romantic time over private beach dinner for two admiring the beautiful ocean.
The following islands, all have clean, white, fine as flour sand, beautifully embracing the round "emerald" of tropical vegetation. And all because their beaches remained untouched. No breakwaters accent the shore, no walls cover the horizon, no other, coarser sand fills the gaps. These beaches flow in a row with the seasons and generally are always wide in many parts of the island, if not all along the perimeter. Read More
World famed powdery sands, deserted pearl strung islands, and one of the greatest diving destinations on the planet, are charms which naturally catapult the Maldives to the top of most people’s holiday hot list. From the sparkling blue lagoons fringed by swaying palms, to the powder soft sands and balmy year-round temperatures, you really can’t go wrong with a honeymoon here. The Maldives inspire romance too. Perhaps it’s the seclusion of many resort villas, coupled with private dinners, and starry skies that makes this a perfect hotspot for loved-up newly weds. It truly is the closest place to Heaven on Earth. Read More
Snorkeling in Maldives is perhaps the easiest way to enjoy the underwater wonders. Most snorkelling spots in Maldives are also readily accessible – simply bring your mask, snorkel and fins, and hit the house reef.
Scuba diving in the Maldives means diving at one of the worlds best scuba diving destinations, because of the white sand beaches, coral reefs, clear warm waters, dive sites and a thriving and vibrant marine life. Explore excellent dive sites and a collection of underwater gardens. They're abundant with extensive coral reefs and magnificent fish life. It's common to see sharks, turtles, manta rays, whale sharks and a kaleidoscopic range of tropical sea creatures. Read More
With the sparkling sandy beaches and calm blue waters the Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports and experiences. The Maldives stands as one of the most exciting honeymoon destinations in the world, and if you are going to Maldives, then you must be looking forward to water sports as well more adventurous side. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing underwater experience or some heart-pumping action on the surface, Maldives will surprise and delight you. So gear up ‘cause its time to select the most thrilling water sports in Maldives for an adventurous holiday! Read More
Daily over-under-water activity will whet your appetite. No one can deny that fine dining and top-of-the-range surroundings go hand-in-hand. Where better to enjoy this luxurious combination than in Maldives' fantastic array of luxury resorts? Apart from the exceptional standard of the ingredients and the talents of the Michelin-star-spangled chefs at the culinary cutting edge, as well as the stunning ocean's views, high-quality facilities and fantastic settings, one of the main attractions is the short walk to your room in order to sleep off the rich and plentiful fare available! Read More
If the Maldives has not yet relaxed enough, their wonderful and unforgettable luxury spa experience guaranteeing an excellent result makes them even more attractive. The warm, comfortable climate and natural beauty of the Maldives provide a perfect environment for rejuvenating your mind and body with luxurious spa treatments. Luxury spa is a new format for luxury spa resorts in the Maldives with a variety of amenities and exclusive services, where nature itself became the source of inspiration when creating these paradises in the Indian Ocean.
Highly-rated spa and wellness centres can be found in most upmarket resorts, so there are plenty of therapies to choose from. Whether enjoyed beside the ocean or in the zen-like tranquillity of a private spa room, a couple's massage is the perfect way to begin a romantic Maldives holiday. Most spa menus include a seductive range of traditional herbs, wraps and treatments, as well as leading international products and techniques. Read More
With almost 1,200 islands, every Maldives resort has one to itself, giving you the ultimate retreat to add a finishing flourish to your holiday in Asia. You can to combine your diverse destinations with a moment of tropical bliss in the Maldives. Some honeymooners choose to spend for a few days in Dubai, India, Singapore, Thailand, and even Bali which are all easily accessible from the Maldives.
Sri Lanka and the Maldives are a classic combination. With short connecting flights from Colombo, you can move from enjoying the wildlife, history and culture of Sri Lanka to laying back, cocktail in hand, on those perfect Maldivian beaches within just a couple of hours.
One of the best times to visit the Maldives is between December and April, when the skies are nearly always clear and blue, making it a great combination with Thailand.
One exciting option is to add a few days in the Maldives onto a holiday in Singapore. Direct flights from Singapore to Male get you to your Maldives resort with ease so you can optimise that relaxed time-out. Find Cheap Flights
How About A Post-Wedding Photoshoot? With picture perfect beaches, lush tropical surroundings, gorgeous food and luxurious villas, the Maldives is an amazing location to take fantastic photos. As a part a romantic honeymoon or family holiday is to be able to capture those special moments on camera and have them as little keepsakes of your Maldives getaway. The most engaging vacation photos will tell the story of your trip from start to finish. Read More
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Adora - 11 Jul 2022 - from €1,603.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Group Special Available. (15% OFF)
- Capre Novo - 26 Nov 2022 - from €2,166.00 - North Male-South Male-Vaavu-South Ari-North Male (Male - Male) - (18% OFF)
- Pearl 111 - 06 Aug 2022 - from €1,768.00 - Classic Route (Male -Male) - (15% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More