First Time Spa Guide
What to Expect on Your 1st Spa Visit in the Maldives
Your first trip to the spa in the Maldives, like any other first, can be nerve-wracking. Going to a spa is a bit like staying at a hotel. But don’t worry – that’s bad for your skin. Take a deep breath, let go and get ready to be spoiled. First, there’s the check-in desk, where you can ask questions on the way in and air grievances on the way out. Next, there’s the lovely stuff on tap element - iced water, many a fluffy towel, occasionally a fig or a peach to chomp on. And then there’s the expectation that while you’re there, all you have to do is relax and let other people worry about the logistics while you lounge, have a massage, or kick back with a magazine in a sunlit, plant-filled room.
We’re about to tell you what you can expect on your first visit to your resort's spa. And you don't have to worry too much about knowing what to do, because someone will be there at every step to tell you where to go, what to do and what happens next.
Find out the best of wellness offers in the Maldives and experience spa treatments, healing therapies, healthy cuisine & fitness classes.
Destination spa means that the spa is 100% geared to health and fitness. It is an experience you can only find at just a few dozen locations, many with famous names, like Six Senses, Anantara, Spa by Clarins and Dusit Thani. They are the pioneers of peaceful wellness retreats where adults could spend their vacation exercising and getting healthy.
At the prestige level, some top spas are specialized enough to be defined as Destination spa. They have enough fame to attract fans from around the world, ready to spend their holidays on this basis. This top ranking will include The Spa Retreat at Conrad Maldives, Shambhala Spa at Cocoa Island, Six Senses Spa at Six Senses Laamu and Jiva Grande Spa at Taj Exotica, a resort that also specializes in fine dining. Perhaps Huvafen Fushi also falls into this group.
But increasingly, destination spa has dropped from popular usage. Only true spa aficionados know what it means. The reason is the growing power of internet search engines. Consumers don't search for "destination spas. They search for "spa resorts." So destination spas had to change their name to get closer to how consumers search.
It's still useful to know what destination spa means. That's because it still means something to the spa industry and spa insiders. They can all tell you: a destination spa provides a total immersion experience in healthy living, with fitness and yoga classes, healthy food, and lectures to help inform and inspire you.
The spa at many other resorts is fantastic because of where they are located and what they offer, including underwater spas. In addition, new spas and resorts are constantly opening up in the Maldives.
Check the list of 10 best luxury spas is ideal for spending holidays in the company of friends, family, or romantic SPA-dates in the Maldives.
1st Time at the Spa
If the idea of going to a spa makes you nervous, you're not alone. For many, the Maldives is also the first time to visit the spa. Here it is in the order of things, and a kind of an integral part of the resort scene - complete relaxation, enjoying the beautiful setting and the ability of the staff to take care of you.
You can relax—literally! The biggest area of concern is usually taking your clothes off for a massage. This shouldn't be a worry, because in the Maldives there are very strict protocols for draping during massage. Only the part of your body that is being worked on is exposed. The rest of it is covered with a large towel. You can keep your clothes on for certain types of treatments such as reflexology. And the truly shy can always get a facial or a spa manicure and pedicure.
You usually need to book a time for your treatment. Spa is in demand, and you will soon realize which watches are the most popular. Then, when you arrive, you will be met at the spa reception with a menu of treatments from which you can choose according to your mood. The spa concierge will usually ask if you have a preference for a male or female therapist. Most people feel more comfortable with a female therapist, especially in the beginning.
The basic spa treatments are massage, facial, body treatment, manicure, and pedicure. A massage will help you relax and get rid of muscle tension. (A Swedish massage is a good place for beginners.) A facial is a deep cleansing of your face, and a body treatment exfoliates and softens the skin on your body. Most spas offer manicures and pedicures as well. You can also combine services—a massage and a body treatment is a good combination (get the body treatment first) or a massage and a facial (get the massage first). The quality of the therapist determines the quality of the treatment. Sessions are usually about an hour, cost is from 80 to 150 USD, and, on average, 100 USD.
Don't eat for at least an hour before or after your massage. Drink plenty of water after your service to enhance the benefits of your treatments. Allow your mind to calm down before your treatment.
Today, almost all now have double tables for treatment, so you can enjoy a massage with your loved one. Some even teach you how to massage each other. Another thing many offer is specific rehydration procedures for tanning and after diving.
The finale of therapeutic procedures varies from place to place, but you can rely on a soft bathrobe and a comfortable chair at the spa with a cup of tea and a healthy drink. People who are interested in weight loss or jump-starting a healthy lifestyle often choose destination spas that offer an all-encompassing spa experience. Also, many spas today include wellness and yoga in their programs.
Spas provide wonderful, nurturing experiences, but they aren't usually cheap. Even for those who usually avoided this kind of pleasure, I cannot stress enough how much it costs to do. In general, the spa brings you to the mood of the place and perfectly relaxes to enjoy the Maldives, as it should be.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct to Save 25% off + FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 3O% OFF
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - 25% off with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: All Meals Included. from US$350
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More