First Time Spa Guide
What to Expect on Your 1st Spa Visit in the Maldives
Your first trip to the spa in the Maldives, like any other first, can be nerve-wracking. Going to a spa is a bit like staying at a hotel. But don’t worry – that’s bad for your skin. Take a deep breath, let go and get ready to be spoiled. First, there’s the check-in desk, where you can ask questions on the way in and air grievances on the way out. Next, there’s the lovely stuff on tap element - iced water, many a fluffy towel, occasionally a fig or a peach to chomp on. And then there’s the expectation that while you’re there, all you have to do is relax and let other people worry about the logistics while you lounge, have a massage, or kick back with a magazine in a sunlit, plant-filled room.
We’re about to tell you what you can expect on your first visit to your resort's spa. And you don't have to worry too much about knowing what to do, because someone will be there at every step to tell you where to go, what to do and what happens next.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (26.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Destination spa means that the spa is 100% geared to health and fitness. It is an experience you can only find at just a few dozen locations, many with famous names, like Six Senses, Anantara, Spa by Clarins and Dusit Thani. They are the pioneers of peaceful wellness retreats where adults could spend their vacation exercising and getting healthy.
At the prestige level, some top spas are specialized enough to be defined as Destination spa. They have enough fame to attract fans from around the world, ready to spend their holidays on this basis. This top ranking will include The Spa Retreat at Conrad Maldives, Shambhala Spa at Cocoa Island, Six Senses Spa at Six Senses Laamu and Jiva Grande Spa at Taj Exotica, a resort that also specializes in fine dining. Perhaps Huvafen Fushi also falls into this group.
But increasingly, destination spa has dropped from popular usage. Only true spa aficionados know what it means. The reason is the growing power of internet search engines. Consumers don't search for "destination spas. They search for "spa resorts." So destination spas had to change their name to get closer to how consumers search.
It's still useful to know what destination spa means. That's because it still means something to the spa industry and spa insiders. They can all tell you: a destination spa provides a total immersion experience in healthy living, with fitness and yoga classes, healthy food, and lectures to help inform and inspire you.
The spa at many other resorts is fantastic because of where they are located and what they offer, including underwater spas. In addition, new spas and resorts are constantly opening up in the Maldives.
Check the list of 10 best luxury spas is ideal for spending holidays in the company of friends, family, or romantic SPA-dates in the Maldives.
1st Time at the Spa
If the idea of going to a spa makes you nervous, you're not alone. For many, the Maldives is also the first time to visit the spa. Here it is in the order of things, and a kind of an integral part of the resort scene - complete relaxation, enjoying the beautiful setting and the ability of the staff to take care of you.
You can relax—literally! The biggest area of concern is usually taking your clothes off for a massage. This shouldn't be a worry, because in the Maldives there are very strict protocols for draping during massage. Only the part of your body that is being worked on is exposed. The rest of it is covered with a large towel. You can keep your clothes on for certain types of treatments such as reflexology. And the truly shy can always get a facial or a spa manicure and pedicure.
You usually need to book a time for your treatment. Spa is in demand, and you will soon realize which watches are the most popular. Then, when you arrive, you will be met at the spa reception with a menu of treatments from which you can choose according to your mood. The spa concierge will usually ask if you have a preference for a male or female therapist. Most people feel more comfortable with a female therapist, especially in the beginning.
The basic spa treatments are massage, facial, body treatment, manicure, and pedicure. A massage will help you relax and get rid of muscle tension. (A Swedish massage is a good place for beginners.) A facial is a deep cleansing of your face, and a body treatment exfoliates and softens the skin on your body. Most spas offer manicures and pedicures as well. You can also combine services—a massage and a body treatment is a good combination (get the body treatment first) or a massage and a facial (get the massage first). The quality of the therapist determines the quality of the treatment. Sessions are usually about an hour, cost is from 80 to 150 USD, and, on average, 100 USD.
Don't eat for at least an hour before or after your massage. Drink plenty of water after your service to enhance the benefits of your treatments. Allow your mind to calm down before your treatment.
Today, almost all now have double tables for treatment, so you can enjoy a massage with your loved one. Some even teach you how to massage each other. Another thing many offer is specific rehydration procedures for tanning and after diving.
The finale of therapeutic procedures varies from place to place, but you can rely on a soft bathrobe and a comfortable chair at the spa with a cup of tea and a healthy drink. People who are interested in weight loss or jump-starting a healthy lifestyle often choose destination spas that offer an all-encompassing spa experience. Also, many spas today include wellness and yoga in their programs.
Spas provide wonderful, nurturing experiences, but they aren't usually cheap. Even for those who usually avoided this kind of pleasure, I cannot stress enough how much it costs to do. In general, the spa brings you to the mood of the place and perfectly relaxes to enjoy the Maldives, as it should be.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 25.01.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Experience Luxury Escape to Paradise at Universal Resorts
- Emerald Maldives launches New fun-filled, inspiring Family activities
- Scuba Diving Experience at Komandoo: a Typical itinerary
- Milaidhoo Maldives introduces Vacation Packages 2021
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo offers Whale Shark encounters
- Heritance Aarah named the Best Luxury All Inclusive Resort in Asia
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Soneva Jani: Welcome to the Chapter Two
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as GM
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives gets 2021 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More