Top 10 Best Islands to Visit in The Maldives in 2021-22
Most Popular Luxury Water Villa Island Resorts in Maldives
Which Maldives Island is perfect for You? Few words inspire travel wanderlust - the sparkling crystal blue water, a palm-fringed white-sand beaches, and fantastic marine life, we could go on and on. But there are more 1,190 coral islands formed around 26 atolls splashed out across the Indian ocean, so where does a traveler even start?
We've pulled together 10 of our favorite Maldives islands—some well-known and some resorts worth discovering—along with our insider tips on how to get the most out of your getaway to these idyllic isles.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 37% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival Book now for stays until 22nd Dec 2021
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF for a stay until 30 June 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book minimum 3 nights with'Secret Rate' and get 30% OFF. Stay from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Anantara Maldives Resorts: Special Offersi
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 30% OFF for stays till October 31, 2022
- Mirihi Island: Early Bird Winter/Summer offer 2022 up to 35% OFF
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE - Up to 35% OFF; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Best Experience for: New Ultra Luxury Resort in Baa Atoll, couples andfamilies, gourmet dining, activities, swimming with mantas
The Nautilus island is your luxury private hideaway in the Maldives where every experience is tailored to you. Since tourism began in the Maldives in 1972, tourists has since been spoilt year upon year with more and more properties to choose, experiences and concepts to choose from and enjoy their island getaway. However, this all changed when The Nautilus was incepted in February 2019.
A celebration of the individual spirit, The Nautilus offers liberation and freedom unconditional. Space to share, to meet, where guests are encouraged to be themselves and shape their own personal journey. Because in the end, it’s these simple, elemental pleasures – that ability to simply be – that form the greatest luxury of all.
Here are just a few reasons why The Nautilus truly is the best island in the Maldives. Learn MoreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: Overwater Bungalows, Undewater Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining
Just 30-min by speedboat from Male airport, Huvafen Fushi ideally mixes Maldivian style with hip and chic features; thatched villas on the outside and on the inside, unique amenities, sophisticated design, contemporary furniture, high-tech equipment, and last but not least cool events which all contribute to make Huvafen Fushi a truly dreamy island.
Home to the world’s first and only underwater spa, the ultimate in luxurious privacy and intimacy Huvafen Fushi is a bucket list item in its own right but once you arrive there are plenty more experiences to tick off your list. But, it’s worth noting that once accomplished, you’re likely to want to add them back on again and set to repeat each year! Learn MoreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: Honeymoon, Beaches, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Acclaimed as most romantic resort in the Maldives, Mirihi is considered as being one of the smallest islands and offers 37 villas, and has its own and unique style, filled with luxury and comfortable features that you can expect from any large 5 * resort. With one of the best house reefs in the country, snorkeling in Mirihi is an easy necessity.
A perfect collection of activities and experiences to inspire ultimate moments of romance to make lifelong memories, one truly "as unique as you" - here are 5 romantic things you must do during your stay at Mirihi Island Resort. Read MoreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Hide away in the Baa Atoll UNESCO biosphere reserve is Milaidhoo Maldives, a mash-up of boutique resort and a paradise island, where the reinvented luxury blends perfectly with white-sand beaches. Upon arrival you'll quickly transition to "island time," finding that time has stopped, barefoot is as norm, and things need to be done differently. Read Full Review
Features 50 contemporary Maldivian style pool villas, every guest is assigned an Island Host to help create meaningful experiences and cater to their every need. Designed for couples, Milaidhoo is known for its romance and destination dining offerings – any dream can become a reality, from sunset dolphin cruises to sailing to a deserted sandbank for an exclusive beach picnic. So with that in mind, let's check out a few reasons to visit the Milaidhoo island that many travelers touts as “The best tropical escape in the Maldives.” Read moreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: families, couples, activities, shopping, dining, entertainment
Hard Rock Hotel Maldives is the five-star beach resort you’ve been looking for. Nestled in Emboodhoo lagoon, minutes from The Marina @ CROSSROADS, the resort offers world-class accommodations, stylish design, and the service that made it famous. Hard Rock Hotel in the Maldives takes inspiration from the tropical surroundings, incorporating authentic notes of regionally-inspired music memorabilia throughout.
Expect a lot of activity above and below the water every day, mind-melting event experiences, indulgent spa treatments and cuisine from Michelin-star chefs you'll never forget. Whatever your vacation idea, when you stay at Hard Rock, you have arrived. Here are just a few reasons why Hard Rock Hotel Maldives should be your next getaway. Learn MoreCHECK AVAILABILITY AND PRICES
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Beach, Spa, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
Award winning boutique, private island of 75 overwater and beachside garden villas and white sand beaches set in a turquoise lagoon, just 25 minutes by speedboat from the Male Airport. If a dreamy getaway or a staycation with your loved one is beckoning, Baros Maldives offers a quality time laced with romance. Book Directly and be entitled to receive astonishing benefits from Baros, one of the top romantic resorts in the Maldives.
Surrounded by clean, warm waters and snow-white sands, with groves of coconut palms and fragrant flowers, this cozy resort landscape is really worthy of fainting. The team is serene modern rooms (including water villas), fine dining, a fantastic spa, a large swimming pool and water entertainment from a luxury yacht to diving and yoga. Read moreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: Honeymoon, all inclusive, swimming with Whale Sharks, Diving
A very special place, Maafushivaru is a unique island getaway that epitomizes all that one dreams of when thinking of the Maldives. Located in South Ari Atoll, the boutique resort is one of the best all inclusive destinations in the Maldives. Combining a Maldivian paradise with contemporary indulgences, a rays, reef sharks, fish, and curious herons are the common attractions in the lagoon area, and the island’s location in the southern tip of the picturesque atoll of Ari is ideal for spotting whale sharks and mantas year round.
We tailored our list of best experiences at Maafushivaru Maldives to keep your requirements in mind and helps you feel adventurous and relaxed simultaneously. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to treat your loved one to a once-in-a-lifetime island escape, the Maldives is definitely one of the most romantic destinations any couple can enjoy together. Learn MoreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Groups, Beaches, Activities, Nightlife
Located in the UNESCO world biosphere of Baa Atoll, Finolhu was born out of a desire to bring a fresh wave to the uninhabited island experience. One of the Maldives’ most luxurious resorts, Seaside Finolhu is new barefoot chic experience with the self-styled island playground. With its 2km-long white sand beaches, 125 newly transformed beach and over-water villas, award- winning dining experiences, vibrant performances at the Beach Club and a line-up of daily activities amid a turquoise blue lagoon surrounded by some of the most stunning sandbanks in the Maldives, Seaside Finolhu is the right place to be!
To be at Finolhu is to live on the verge of two beautiful worlds – a marine fantasy and a magical island paradise; that’s why we call Finolhu the wonderland and a place of dreams. Here are just a dozen reasons why it's our favorite hotel in the Maldives right now. Read moreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: Over-water Villas, for couples and families, Snorkeling, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that brings a “next level” for the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Spanning across three islands in the South Male Atoll, the breathtaking new resort is surrounded by a crystal clear water lagoon offers global travellers 138 luxuriously appointed villas in an inspirational setting, complemented by the iconic True Waldorf Service experience. Additionally, the resort features 10 truly unique dining experiences, including an unforgettable treetop restaurant boasting stunning views. An exclusive yet serene Spa and Wellness Centre, a wide array of water sports as well as extensive facilities for junior guests are also featured within the new Waldorf Maldives. Popular with the rich and famous it is also one of the top-rated luxury resort throughout the whole Maldives! Read moreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience: There are no kids on the island, a magnificent large overwater villas with stunning views; Superb house reef snorkeling, a fantastic '5.8 Undersea' restaurant
Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives - this is incredible, extraordinary and absolutely original. Ecologically innovative, a 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and politics just over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi Island Resort offers its own look at Paradise. Besides the amazing diving and snorkeling opportunities available at Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives, what else should guests do, staying at the hottest and most popular luxury resort of Lhaviyani Atoll?
At Hurawalhi Maldives there is no lack of activity, the only problem is the choice - we hope that our offerings will help you! We have collected the best 5 experiences - moments of staying at the hotel that will make the holiday of your dream so unusual: Read moreCheck Availability and Prices
Best Experience for: All Inclusive, Honeymoon, Beach, Spa, Diving
When people think about a romantic beach getaway they dream of fine white sand, crystal waters, luxury accommodation and exceptional service. Whether they know it or not, all of this can be found in Constance Moofushi Maldives - All Inclusive.
Enjoy the Crusoe spirit of Constance Moofushi and plunge into the joys of barefoot luxury. At Moofushi romance is everywhere from fun diving trips to spa treatments, relax and unwind at this luxurious all-inclusive Maldives resort and share your passions with the one you love. Learn MoreCheck Availability and Prices
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More